Friday, February 6, 2009

Sickies

I'm kind of in denial right now. I'm feeling a cold coming on, but it's the type of thing I don't want to give in to. I'm slightly stuffy, my throat is slightly sore, and I'm feeling slightly run down. I've started taking Zicam... but geez. I hate getting sick. I know it must have been from a girl in my class who sitting next to me on Tuesday and was coughing her head off the entire time! It can't be from the kids I sub for, because the last time I subbed was last week, and I would have already have been sick by now.

My sis wants me to come down to the D-town suburb where she lives this weekend so that we can go shopping and whatnot, but with the immune suppressing drugs she takes for her MS, it's not a good idea for me to go down there. I'm getting my income tax refund money soon, so I really shouldn't feel guilty about doing a little shopping, but somehow I don't relish parting with the money! In December I was strapped for cash, so now that I have a little, I want it to stay where it is! Although, I may be investing in a digital camera sometime soon! That really is the only purchase I want to make anytime soon.

Anyhow, my dad got sick a few days ago. On Tuesday, my dad and I discussed getting a pizza for dinner. He kept going back and forth saying "ooh, I want Canadian Bacon. No, wait, Italian sausage. No! I want ground beef!" So you can imagine my confusion when he got home with the pizza, only to announce it didn't sound good to him. I asked him if he was sure, and he made mention to his stomach felt slightly upset. I figured he'd want some pizza maybe in another hour or so, but as I went to bed, I realized I hadn't seen my dad eat anything for dinner. I was a little concerned, and literally, a few minutes after I had the thought, I heard my dad getting sick in the bathroom. He then spent Wednesday at home feeling queasy, but Thursday he woke up and announced that he wanted McDonalds. Seems like he's finally feeling better. We assumed it was something he ate, but my mom was dead set that he had a "bug."

Now, ironically, my mom is sick. She too, got sick a little while ago. Now personally, I'm not so sure that she "caught a bug" from my dad. My dad himself admitted that before he got sick, for lunch he had ate some questionable ham from the fridge on a sandwich. My mom has had a chronic ear infection for a couple of months now (she's going to see a ears, nose, and throat specialist next week), and is constantly complaining about feeling queasy. Plus, she told me she somehow "accidentally" took double the dose of amoxicillin today.

So in a nutshell, am I worried about catching the "bug"?? I don't think so. I mean, I really don't want something that will make me vomit, but I hope that I'm in the clear. Hopefully this stupid cold will be all I have to worry about.

******
On a side note... I have an old blog that I never use anymore... it was my starter blog. I haven't posted to it since I started this blog, and I've kept it around so I could play with the template here and there to test what to do with the template for this blog. Anyhow, I noticed the other day that my old boring blog has a "follower." I checked on the profile for said follower, and it looks like the woman is a middle aged soccer mom. Why would someone become follower of a blog that hasn't been updated in years, and no one ever commented on? Strange.

3 comments:

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Yes, me again who deleted...

Hope you feel better!

This just made me LOL: "My dad himself admitted that before he got sick, for lunch he had ate some questionable ham from the fridge on a sandwich."

Tamara said...

LOL Yeah... he for once readily admitted that!

Ah... I don't know, I'm worried now he did have something you can catch... my mom has thrown up like four times already... eck!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Sickies

I'm kind of in denial right now. I'm feeling a cold coming on, but it's the type of thing I don't want to give in to. I'm slightly stuffy, my throat is slightly sore, and I'm feeling slightly run down. I've started taking Zicam... but geez. I hate getting sick. I know it must have been from a girl in my class who sitting next to me on Tuesday and was coughing her head off the entire time! It can't be from the kids I sub for, because the last time I subbed was last week, and I would have already have been sick by now.

My sis wants me to come down to the D-town suburb where she lives this weekend so that we can go shopping and whatnot, but with the immune suppressing drugs she takes for her MS, it's not a good idea for me to go down there. I'm getting my income tax refund money soon, so I really shouldn't feel guilty about doing a little shopping, but somehow I don't relish parting with the money! In December I was strapped for cash, so now that I have a little, I want it to stay where it is! Although, I may be investing in a digital camera sometime soon! That really is the only purchase I want to make anytime soon.

Anyhow, my dad got sick a few days ago. On Tuesday, my dad and I discussed getting a pizza for dinner. He kept going back and forth saying "ooh, I want Canadian Bacon. No, wait, Italian sausage. No! I want ground beef!" So you can imagine my confusion when he got home with the pizza, only to announce it didn't sound good to him. I asked him if he was sure, and he made mention to his stomach felt slightly upset. I figured he'd want some pizza maybe in another hour or so, but as I went to bed, I realized I hadn't seen my dad eat anything for dinner. I was a little concerned, and literally, a few minutes after I had the thought, I heard my dad getting sick in the bathroom. He then spent Wednesday at home feeling queasy, but Thursday he woke up and announced that he wanted McDonalds. Seems like he's finally feeling better. We assumed it was something he ate, but my mom was dead set that he had a "bug."

Now, ironically, my mom is sick. She too, got sick a little while ago. Now personally, I'm not so sure that she "caught a bug" from my dad. My dad himself admitted that before he got sick, for lunch he had ate some questionable ham from the fridge on a sandwich. My mom has had a chronic ear infection for a couple of months now (she's going to see a ears, nose, and throat specialist next week), and is constantly complaining about feeling queasy. Plus, she told me she somehow "accidentally" took double the dose of amoxicillin today.

So in a nutshell, am I worried about catching the "bug"?? I don't think so. I mean, I really don't want something that will make me vomit, but I hope that I'm in the clear. Hopefully this stupid cold will be all I have to worry about.

******
On a side note... I have an old blog that I never use anymore... it was my starter blog. I haven't posted to it since I started this blog, and I've kept it around so I could play with the template here and there to test what to do with the template for this blog. Anyhow, I noticed the other day that my old boring blog has a "follower." I checked on the profile for said follower, and it looks like the woman is a middle aged soccer mom. Why would someone become follower of a blog that hasn't been updated in years, and no one ever commented on? Strange.

3 comments:

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Yes, me again who deleted...

Hope you feel better!

This just made me LOL: "My dad himself admitted that before he got sick, for lunch he had ate some questionable ham from the fridge on a sandwich."

Tamara said...

LOL Yeah... he for once readily admitted that!

Ah... I don't know, I'm worried now he did have something you can catch... my mom has thrown up like four times already... eck!