I've spent the day in Detroit (well, the suburbs) with my sister. We had a great day of ice cream, shopping, and dinner. It's amazing how well me and my sister can get along, especially when we are alone! There are so many other times where I would like nothing more than to yank her by the head of her hair, especially when our friends are around! My sister loves an audience, but I digress! We went around to about a million different stores at the 12 Oaks Mall, while my sister was in search of clothes for her and her husband's trip to Jamaica in April.
I actually wanted to buy shoes, and was hoping we'd stop at Payless. It always seems like the one thing you actually have on your mind to buy is the one thing you leave without! I didn't buy shoes, but I did buy two cute new t-shirts at the Delia's store. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting too old to shop at Delia's... but then I figure I might as well enjoy it while I can! I'm 27, and most people think I look 17, so hey, I'm going to keep shopping at Delia's for a little while longer! The two shirts I got are pictured below. My sister insisted that I get the red one that says "Science" because my degree in Biology apparently makes me a science nerd (her exact words were "you love all that bio-chem-physics nerdiness!). I also got the purple one with the little milks that says "Celebrate Diversity" because I thought it was too cute to pass up. Plus, since I'm currently taking a cultural competency class, it seemed fitting.


So anyhow, we were lucky to have a nice day (even if it was pretty cold outside!), and I was glad to have the company of my sister. She's planning on coming up next weekend because she wants us to see Confessions of a Shopaholic together.
1 comment:
Ooh, I love 12 Oaks Mall! I haven't been there in ages... Then again, I haven't been to ANY mall in a long time. :-( One day I shall make up for it though!
Those shirts are so cute!!
Post a Comment