Oh geez. It feels so odd not blog everyday! While it feels odd, it is definitely a weight off my shoulders. There were days (as I'm sure you all are aware of, haha) that I was really grasping at straws for something to blog about!
My biggest frustration right now is midterms! Well, just one midterm that I'm super annoyed by! My professor gave us this midterm last week, as a "take home." Okay great... but do you really expect us to work on it over spring break? Yeah, I don't think so. To top it off, this same professor gave us an assignment that was due over spring break! That seriously irks me... it's my break for a reason! Well, my group partner for the assignments asked our professor about this due date... and mistakenly thought our professor said it was due this Friday. Our professor was talking about the midterm, not our assignment! So yeah... I have no idea if my partner misheard, or if my professor misheard, but now we're working on an assignment that should have been done last week, on top of a midterm that is due on Friday. Luckily our professor told us that she wouldn't penalize us, and that we can turn our assignment in on Friday.
And speaking of which... my partner is a total airhead. Nice girl, but airhead. I hate working in groups with people! I would be so much happier in life if I never had to work in another group again. As I told a friend tonight, I should just work in a box, by myself. Oh yeah, and that midterm? Haven't even started it yet! I will be trying to plow through it tomorrow, but that's about the best I can do at this point. The midterm is due at 5pm on Friday, so it's possible, just stressful. To top off the stress? My partner keeps making little comments about "Oh, I hope I can get my part done by Thursday night... I really want to go to Toronto on Friday, so I'd hate to turn it in late if I can't get it done tomorrow." (My partner is Canadian, which explains the Toronto trip.) WTF??? I politely told her that come hell or high water, that assignment was being turned in on Friday, whether or not she was done with her part or not.
Err. Humorously enough, I'm not overly stressed out (even if you couldn't tell from the above paragraphs.) I mean, the work will get done... it always does. How I feel on Friday we'll see, but as of right now, I'm not getting myself too worked up. Worked up, yes, too worked up, not yet. There is other school drama, such as another group of professors dropping two, yes two, extra presentations in my lap, in addition to the original presentation I am already giving with the other grad students in my class. When it rains, it pours, I swear... but I would like to not talk about it anymore, for my own sanity!
******
Ending on a lighter note, I'm having fun learning how to "Tweet" on Twitter! If you look over to your right, I've added my tweets to my sidebar. :) While I will be able to freely blog through June (an explanation of why later), come July and August my blogs really do suffer! Twitter might just be a fun way for me to keep more in touch. We'll see!
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday, March 5, 2009
March "Midterm" Madness
Oh geez. It feels so odd not blog everyday! While it feels odd, it is definitely a weight off my shoulders. There were days (as I'm sure you all are aware of, haha) that I was really grasping at straws for something to blog about!
My biggest frustration right now is midterms! Well, just one midterm that I'm super annoyed by! My professor gave us this midterm last week, as a "take home." Okay great... but do you really expect us to work on it over spring break? Yeah, I don't think so. To top it off, this same professor gave us an assignment that was due over spring break! That seriously irks me... it's my break for a reason! Well, my group partner for the assignments asked our professor about this due date... and mistakenly thought our professor said it was due this Friday. Our professor was talking about the midterm, not our assignment! So yeah... I have no idea if my partner misheard, or if my professor misheard, but now we're working on an assignment that should have been done last week, on top of a midterm that is due on Friday. Luckily our professor told us that she wouldn't penalize us, and that we can turn our assignment in on Friday.
And speaking of which... my partner is a total airhead. Nice girl, but airhead. I hate working in groups with people! I would be so much happier in life if I never had to work in another group again. As I told a friend tonight, I should just work in a box, by myself. Oh yeah, and that midterm? Haven't even started it yet! I will be trying to plow through it tomorrow, but that's about the best I can do at this point. The midterm is due at 5pm on Friday, so it's possible, just stressful. To top off the stress? My partner keeps making little comments about "Oh, I hope I can get my part done by Thursday night... I really want to go to Toronto on Friday, so I'd hate to turn it in late if I can't get it done tomorrow." (My partner is Canadian, which explains the Toronto trip.) WTF??? I politely told her that come hell or high water, that assignment was being turned in on Friday, whether or not she was done with her part or not.
Err. Humorously enough, I'm not overly stressed out (even if you couldn't tell from the above paragraphs.) I mean, the work will get done... it always does. How I feel on Friday we'll see, but as of right now, I'm not getting myself too worked up. Worked up, yes, too worked up, not yet. There is other school drama, such as another group of professors dropping two, yes two, extra presentations in my lap, in addition to the original presentation I am already giving with the other grad students in my class. When it rains, it pours, I swear... but I would like to not talk about it anymore, for my own sanity!
******
Ending on a lighter note, I'm having fun learning how to "Tweet" on Twitter! If you look over to your right, I've added my tweets to my sidebar. :) While I will be able to freely blog through June (an explanation of why later), come July and August my blogs really do suffer! Twitter might just be a fun way for me to keep more in touch. We'll see!
My biggest frustration right now is midterms! Well, just one midterm that I'm super annoyed by! My professor gave us this midterm last week, as a "take home." Okay great... but do you really expect us to work on it over spring break? Yeah, I don't think so. To top it off, this same professor gave us an assignment that was due over spring break! That seriously irks me... it's my break for a reason! Well, my group partner for the assignments asked our professor about this due date... and mistakenly thought our professor said it was due this Friday. Our professor was talking about the midterm, not our assignment! So yeah... I have no idea if my partner misheard, or if my professor misheard, but now we're working on an assignment that should have been done last week, on top of a midterm that is due on Friday. Luckily our professor told us that she wouldn't penalize us, and that we can turn our assignment in on Friday.
And speaking of which... my partner is a total airhead. Nice girl, but airhead. I hate working in groups with people! I would be so much happier in life if I never had to work in another group again. As I told a friend tonight, I should just work in a box, by myself. Oh yeah, and that midterm? Haven't even started it yet! I will be trying to plow through it tomorrow, but that's about the best I can do at this point. The midterm is due at 5pm on Friday, so it's possible, just stressful. To top off the stress? My partner keeps making little comments about "Oh, I hope I can get my part done by Thursday night... I really want to go to Toronto on Friday, so I'd hate to turn it in late if I can't get it done tomorrow." (My partner is Canadian, which explains the Toronto trip.) WTF??? I politely told her that come hell or high water, that assignment was being turned in on Friday, whether or not she was done with her part or not.
Err. Humorously enough, I'm not overly stressed out (even if you couldn't tell from the above paragraphs.) I mean, the work will get done... it always does. How I feel on Friday we'll see, but as of right now, I'm not getting myself too worked up. Worked up, yes, too worked up, not yet. There is other school drama, such as another group of professors dropping two, yes two, extra presentations in my lap, in addition to the original presentation I am already giving with the other grad students in my class. When it rains, it pours, I swear... but I would like to not talk about it anymore, for my own sanity!
******
Ending on a lighter note, I'm having fun learning how to "Tweet" on Twitter! If you look over to your right, I've added my tweets to my sidebar. :) While I will be able to freely blog through June (an explanation of why later), come July and August my blogs really do suffer! Twitter might just be a fun way for me to keep more in touch. We'll see!
4 comments:
- Kirby said...
-
Ugh, I hate when professors assign homework over breaks!
It seems like everyone is join Twitter these days. I just might have to now! I've wanted to but didn't know anyone else on it. -
2:50 PM EST
- Tamara said...
-
Evonne, Robin is on Twitter, too!
-
7:08 PM EST
- Heather said...
-
Wow--love the blog background! Good luck with your group work--I know it always rankled me, too, but I found it was really good practice for my current work environment, where we team on a lot of stuff. Of course, these people work harder, 'cause it's their jobs on the line. :)
-
10:04 PM EST
- Robin said...
-
I hate working with people. But as Heather said, it is good practice for a work environment. Not that I would know what a work environment IS anymore... But this is your blog, not my rant! lol!!
-
4:28 AM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ugh, I hate when professors assign homework over breaks!
It seems like everyone is join Twitter these days. I just might have to now! I've wanted to but didn't know anyone else on it.
Evonne, Robin is on Twitter, too!
Wow--love the blog background! Good luck with your group work--I know it always rankled me, too, but I found it was really good practice for my current work environment, where we team on a lot of stuff. Of course, these people work harder, 'cause it's their jobs on the line. :)
I hate working with people. But as Heather said, it is good practice for a work environment. Not that I would know what a work environment IS anymore... But this is your blog, not my rant! lol!!
Post a Comment