Thursday, April 9, 2009

Confused!

12:28 PM

Every time I've wanted to sit down and blog lately, I've had nothing to say! It's frustrating to want to write but yet have nothing to say. Of course, when I really should be working on a paper, I now have the desire to blog. Ha.

Compared to this time last semester, I am pretty relaxed! That could be because I only have three classes versus four, and so far I have a solid A in every class, plus, no final exams! It's all just papers and projects. Not that I'm not feeling the time crunch... but I do feel better about this then I did last semester. Last semester I really wanted to cry because I just had entirely too much on my plate at the end.

But, I am a little frustrated, and confused! My project partner, the one I've had issues with all semester, is getting on my last nerve. You would think it was because I was trying to get her to work, but it's not that at all! She's been doing a lot of work... but she now wants it to be on her schedule! She's more interested in spending her weekends in Toronto with her boyfriend then just sucking it up and working. Which is fine and dandy for her half of the work, but she's trying to get me on her schedule! I have 7 pages so far to write for a section of our paper, and she really wanted me to get it all done yesterday! While I'm good about not procrastinating on my writing, I definitely need to be in the right mindset to do it. Personally, I know that if I get it done by Saturday, we'll be in really good shape, but she's freaking out. I don't know, maybe that's because once you hit Canada you seem to not be able to answer your phone? Hmm... yeah, not my fault, really!

LOL I really am not in a bad mood over this, I'm just a little frustrated! But from what I've heard, the other group in our class (we only have four people in our class) is having their own share of problems working together. They have been doing nothing but arguing, with one person being a complete control freak over the work, and not letting the other person even attempt to add anything to the project. So, I guess I don't have it that bad after all. I guess I just got super lucky last semester when I had a partner that I could work well with!

To top it off, somehow I'm confused on what I'm supposed to be doing right now! Our professor gave us a very clear outline, and I literally did the same thing for my midterm and got an A on it, but somehow, when I sit down to do it again, my mind is drawing a blank. Maybe this is why I'm blogging, instead. :)

And to go on a completely different tangent, I am still confused, but for a very different reason. Okay, so I blogged a bit about this last summer. There was a guy who I thought was cute... no big deal, right? He spent most of the summer flirting with me, and he ended up asking me out. I had to say no because I had made plans months in advance to go to a friend's 21st birthday party that weekend. So, that seemed like that really... no harm, no foul. I kind of lost interest at that point, he started dating another girl, and so the summer went on.

So he and said girl were dating up until about three days ago, so it seems. Now, according to the all knowing Facebook, they are both "single." Why is this significant? Well, because as of two days ago this guy suddenly started a "poke" war with me on Facebook (which is totally a passive aggressive way of flirting, lol), and now has been sending me flirty messages! Every time I log on, I have a new message from him, the last one where he referred to me as being "cute." I found this especially weird because I didn't realize at that time he had broken up with his girlfriend. Plus, we won't even be working together this summer, so what is this guy's deal? I'm not a rebound girl!

So weird...

3 comments:

Heather said...

BOYS!!! :P Phhhhllllbbbttt!

Kim said...

Oh, I was the queen of finding an interest in odd things when I had a paper to work on in college. Organizing closets and drawers, vacuuming, baking...you name it.

And I freaking hate group work. I used to have serious anxiety about it. I guess I don't play well with others, LOL, but I want to do things my way and I always feel like a "group" just messes everything up. ESPECIALLY when it came to any kind of writing. OOH! It burns me up just remembering. I was always so happy when I got paired with the jocks who were happy to let me do it all.

Anyway, I feel all of your current frustrations!

And you may not be a rebound girl! I'm not sure guys even do that really. Poke away! You never know what could happen!

Tamara said...

Kim... yes on all accounts! I just want to do the work myself... why do I have to work with others? I hate it. Having to work around another person's schedule, and arguing with them about your ideas is just not something I enjoy. Unfortunately, it seems as if every class I take in grad school requires me to work in a group at some point.

The boy thing... ah, still trying to figure it all out. We'll see!

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Confused!

12:28 PM

Every time I've wanted to sit down and blog lately, I've had nothing to say! It's frustrating to want to write but yet have nothing to say. Of course, when I really should be working on a paper, I now have the desire to blog. Ha.

Compared to this time last semester, I am pretty relaxed! That could be because I only have three classes versus four, and so far I have a solid A in every class, plus, no final exams! It's all just papers and projects. Not that I'm not feeling the time crunch... but I do feel better about this then I did last semester. Last semester I really wanted to cry because I just had entirely too much on my plate at the end.

But, I am a little frustrated, and confused! My project partner, the one I've had issues with all semester, is getting on my last nerve. You would think it was because I was trying to get her to work, but it's not that at all! She's been doing a lot of work... but she now wants it to be on her schedule! She's more interested in spending her weekends in Toronto with her boyfriend then just sucking it up and working. Which is fine and dandy for her half of the work, but she's trying to get me on her schedule! I have 7 pages so far to write for a section of our paper, and she really wanted me to get it all done yesterday! While I'm good about not procrastinating on my writing, I definitely need to be in the right mindset to do it. Personally, I know that if I get it done by Saturday, we'll be in really good shape, but she's freaking out. I don't know, maybe that's because once you hit Canada you seem to not be able to answer your phone? Hmm... yeah, not my fault, really!

LOL I really am not in a bad mood over this, I'm just a little frustrated! But from what I've heard, the other group in our class (we only have four people in our class) is having their own share of problems working together. They have been doing nothing but arguing, with one person being a complete control freak over the work, and not letting the other person even attempt to add anything to the project. So, I guess I don't have it that bad after all. I guess I just got super lucky last semester when I had a partner that I could work well with!

To top it off, somehow I'm confused on what I'm supposed to be doing right now! Our professor gave us a very clear outline, and I literally did the same thing for my midterm and got an A on it, but somehow, when I sit down to do it again, my mind is drawing a blank. Maybe this is why I'm blogging, instead. :)

And to go on a completely different tangent, I am still confused, but for a very different reason. Okay, so I blogged a bit about this last summer. There was a guy who I thought was cute... no big deal, right? He spent most of the summer flirting with me, and he ended up asking me out. I had to say no because I had made plans months in advance to go to a friend's 21st birthday party that weekend. So, that seemed like that really... no harm, no foul. I kind of lost interest at that point, he started dating another girl, and so the summer went on.

So he and said girl were dating up until about three days ago, so it seems. Now, according to the all knowing Facebook, they are both "single." Why is this significant? Well, because as of two days ago this guy suddenly started a "poke" war with me on Facebook (which is totally a passive aggressive way of flirting, lol), and now has been sending me flirty messages! Every time I log on, I have a new message from him, the last one where he referred to me as being "cute." I found this especially weird because I didn't realize at that time he had broken up with his girlfriend. Plus, we won't even be working together this summer, so what is this guy's deal? I'm not a rebound girl!

So weird...

3 comments:

Heather said...

BOYS!!! :P Phhhhllllbbbttt!

Kim said...

Oh, I was the queen of finding an interest in odd things when I had a paper to work on in college. Organizing closets and drawers, vacuuming, baking...you name it.

And I freaking hate group work. I used to have serious anxiety about it. I guess I don't play well with others, LOL, but I want to do things my way and I always feel like a "group" just messes everything up. ESPECIALLY when it came to any kind of writing. OOH! It burns me up just remembering. I was always so happy when I got paired with the jocks who were happy to let me do it all.

Anyway, I feel all of your current frustrations!

And you may not be a rebound girl! I'm not sure guys even do that really. Poke away! You never know what could happen!

Tamara said...

Kim... yes on all accounts! I just want to do the work myself... why do I have to work with others? I hate it. Having to work around another person's schedule, and arguing with them about your ideas is just not something I enjoy. Unfortunately, it seems as if every class I take in grad school requires me to work in a group at some point.

The boy thing... ah, still trying to figure it all out. We'll see!