I don't know what else to say but blah. Today has been a rainy and cold kind of blah day! I slept in, and then Bernadette and I went to Big Apple Bagels. It actually wasn't that bad... it was our first time going to one! There is a small chain called Brooklyn Bagels around, and there is one in North Muskegon... that I absolutely love. It is definitely a favorite stop among the camp staff, and they regularly give us coupons to come in and visit. And they make the most fantastic hot chocolate! So anyhow, I've been craving a really good bagel lately, and we decided to try the new place. Not too shabby, but Brooklyn Bagels is definitely better, with more selection. I had an apple pie bagel, with honey cinnamon cream cheese, and I enjoyed it. :) I have the other half in the fridge, and plan to eat it tomorrow for breakfast. :)
We then went to the mall to pick up a pre-order we had done at Macy's. I know sounds cheesy, but I had ordered a box set of Jessica Simpson's Fancy, one for me, and one for my mom. It smells fantastic! My mom hates anything to do with Jessica Simpson, but she wants this perfume. So since Bernadette's twin Bernadine works at Macy's, she was able to get us a 40% off deal if we did a presale two weeks ago. Today we were able to go and pick it up. :)
But even though I got it at a great deal, and one set is for my mom for Christmas, I still felt guilty about spending the money. All my move in money has went to...well... move in costs, so I have my rent money for December and January, and a little bit of padding around that. I'm pretty much done with Christmas shopping, but I feel like I need to not do any crazy spending. What happens if something comes up? I'm really going to need to watch my money for the next month. It doesn't mean I can't spend any money, but it just means that I shouldn't do any friviolous spending.
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Christmas break. The kids don't go to school, which means I don't work. So while two weeks is a great vacation, it is also two weeks that I don't get paid. So anyhow, I'm going to try to make up for that by working every day next week, if possible. This week is already shot because tomorrow (Monday) is a restricted day for teachers (which means they can't take a day off as a personal day, it has to be a sick day, etc), so there won't be much work... Tuesday I did score an afternoon half day, but in the morning I have to go to the doctor to get these stitches out, and later I have class from 4 until about 10pm, and Wednesday and Thursday I have all day training for my internship. Only Friday will I really get a good chance to work. I am hoping to score a last minute job for tomorrow, but we shall see. I also have to finish my thesis concept paper tomorrow as I promised my professor I would have it to her by Tuesday. Ah regardless of work, tomorrow is going to be a busy day.
And finally, while we were at Macy's, Bernadette insisted on stopping by the MAC section. Now Bernadette has a serious addiction to MAC and all their makeup products, so I wasn't overly shocked. But what did surprise me is that she insisted on having a friend of her sister's do her makeup for her. I was puzzled because as far as I knew, Bernadette had no plans for today. And Bernadine came over to see the makeup, and she also commented on Bernadette doing nothing but going home with all this pretty makeup on. It was when we got home later where Bernadette revealed she had a last minute date with this guy she's had a crush on for months who works at her bank, but he wasn't sure if he could get off work early, so she didn't mention anything. But while we were at Macy's, he texted her and said it was a go, and that's why she suddenly wanted her makeup done, but didn't want to tell anyone in her family about a first date.
So anyhow, that is probably the reason why I was feeling pretty blah tonight. Bernadette said she really hadn't had a "true" date in about three years, so she was super excited, and from everything she says, this guy sounds super nice and is a complete gentleman. After her date, she was absolutely glowing, and had the biggest grin ever on her face. She said he has already promised to take her out again later this week.
Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for Bernadette! She's had some crappy guys here and there, and I'm really glad it seems like she's met a really nice guy. And I'm even more glad that she had a great date tonight. It's just kind of hard to still be nursing a broken heart, and suddenly find yourself lonely on a Sunday night because your best friend is out having an amazing date. Sigh. I know this will get better... it is getting better... but it's just not completely better. Yes, moral of the story, I guess I'm still a little lonely.
One more day of NaBloPoMo... I love how this NaBloPoMo has fallen on one of the hardest months of my life.
Monday, November 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday, November 30, 2009
Blah and Sigh
I don't know what else to say but blah. Today has been a rainy and cold kind of blah day! I slept in, and then Bernadette and I went to Big Apple Bagels. It actually wasn't that bad... it was our first time going to one! There is a small chain called Brooklyn Bagels around, and there is one in North Muskegon... that I absolutely love. It is definitely a favorite stop among the camp staff, and they regularly give us coupons to come in and visit. And they make the most fantastic hot chocolate! So anyhow, I've been craving a really good bagel lately, and we decided to try the new place. Not too shabby, but Brooklyn Bagels is definitely better, with more selection. I had an apple pie bagel, with honey cinnamon cream cheese, and I enjoyed it. :) I have the other half in the fridge, and plan to eat it tomorrow for breakfast. :)
We then went to the mall to pick up a pre-order we had done at Macy's. I know sounds cheesy, but I had ordered a box set of Jessica Simpson's Fancy, one for me, and one for my mom. It smells fantastic! My mom hates anything to do with Jessica Simpson, but she wants this perfume. So since Bernadette's twin Bernadine works at Macy's, she was able to get us a 40% off deal if we did a presale two weeks ago. Today we were able to go and pick it up. :)
But even though I got it at a great deal, and one set is for my mom for Christmas, I still felt guilty about spending the money. All my move in money has went to...well... move in costs, so I have my rent money for December and January, and a little bit of padding around that. I'm pretty much done with Christmas shopping, but I feel like I need to not do any crazy spending. What happens if something comes up? I'm really going to need to watch my money for the next month. It doesn't mean I can't spend any money, but it just means that I shouldn't do any friviolous spending.
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Christmas break. The kids don't go to school, which means I don't work. So while two weeks is a great vacation, it is also two weeks that I don't get paid. So anyhow, I'm going to try to make up for that by working every day next week, if possible. This week is already shot because tomorrow (Monday) is a restricted day for teachers (which means they can't take a day off as a personal day, it has to be a sick day, etc), so there won't be much work... Tuesday I did score an afternoon half day, but in the morning I have to go to the doctor to get these stitches out, and later I have class from 4 until about 10pm, and Wednesday and Thursday I have all day training for my internship. Only Friday will I really get a good chance to work. I am hoping to score a last minute job for tomorrow, but we shall see. I also have to finish my thesis concept paper tomorrow as I promised my professor I would have it to her by Tuesday. Ah regardless of work, tomorrow is going to be a busy day.
And finally, while we were at Macy's, Bernadette insisted on stopping by the MAC section. Now Bernadette has a serious addiction to MAC and all their makeup products, so I wasn't overly shocked. But what did surprise me is that she insisted on having a friend of her sister's do her makeup for her. I was puzzled because as far as I knew, Bernadette had no plans for today. And Bernadine came over to see the makeup, and she also commented on Bernadette doing nothing but going home with all this pretty makeup on. It was when we got home later where Bernadette revealed she had a last minute date with this guy she's had a crush on for months who works at her bank, but he wasn't sure if he could get off work early, so she didn't mention anything. But while we were at Macy's, he texted her and said it was a go, and that's why she suddenly wanted her makeup done, but didn't want to tell anyone in her family about a first date.
So anyhow, that is probably the reason why I was feeling pretty blah tonight. Bernadette said she really hadn't had a "true" date in about three years, so she was super excited, and from everything she says, this guy sounds super nice and is a complete gentleman. After her date, she was absolutely glowing, and had the biggest grin ever on her face. She said he has already promised to take her out again later this week.
Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for Bernadette! She's had some crappy guys here and there, and I'm really glad it seems like she's met a really nice guy. And I'm even more glad that she had a great date tonight. It's just kind of hard to still be nursing a broken heart, and suddenly find yourself lonely on a Sunday night because your best friend is out having an amazing date. Sigh. I know this will get better... it is getting better... but it's just not completely better. Yes, moral of the story, I guess I'm still a little lonely.
One more day of NaBloPoMo... I love how this NaBloPoMo has fallen on one of the hardest months of my life.
We then went to the mall to pick up a pre-order we had done at Macy's. I know sounds cheesy, but I had ordered a box set of Jessica Simpson's Fancy, one for me, and one for my mom. It smells fantastic! My mom hates anything to do with Jessica Simpson, but she wants this perfume. So since Bernadette's twin Bernadine works at Macy's, she was able to get us a 40% off deal if we did a presale two weeks ago. Today we were able to go and pick it up. :)
But even though I got it at a great deal, and one set is for my mom for Christmas, I still felt guilty about spending the money. All my move in money has went to...well... move in costs, so I have my rent money for December and January, and a little bit of padding around that. I'm pretty much done with Christmas shopping, but I feel like I need to not do any crazy spending. What happens if something comes up? I'm really going to need to watch my money for the next month. It doesn't mean I can't spend any money, but it just means that I shouldn't do any friviolous spending.
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Christmas break. The kids don't go to school, which means I don't work. So while two weeks is a great vacation, it is also two weeks that I don't get paid. So anyhow, I'm going to try to make up for that by working every day next week, if possible. This week is already shot because tomorrow (Monday) is a restricted day for teachers (which means they can't take a day off as a personal day, it has to be a sick day, etc), so there won't be much work... Tuesday I did score an afternoon half day, but in the morning I have to go to the doctor to get these stitches out, and later I have class from 4 until about 10pm, and Wednesday and Thursday I have all day training for my internship. Only Friday will I really get a good chance to work. I am hoping to score a last minute job for tomorrow, but we shall see. I also have to finish my thesis concept paper tomorrow as I promised my professor I would have it to her by Tuesday. Ah regardless of work, tomorrow is going to be a busy day.
And finally, while we were at Macy's, Bernadette insisted on stopping by the MAC section. Now Bernadette has a serious addiction to MAC and all their makeup products, so I wasn't overly shocked. But what did surprise me is that she insisted on having a friend of her sister's do her makeup for her. I was puzzled because as far as I knew, Bernadette had no plans for today. And Bernadine came over to see the makeup, and she also commented on Bernadette doing nothing but going home with all this pretty makeup on. It was when we got home later where Bernadette revealed she had a last minute date with this guy she's had a crush on for months who works at her bank, but he wasn't sure if he could get off work early, so she didn't mention anything. But while we were at Macy's, he texted her and said it was a go, and that's why she suddenly wanted her makeup done, but didn't want to tell anyone in her family about a first date.
So anyhow, that is probably the reason why I was feeling pretty blah tonight. Bernadette said she really hadn't had a "true" date in about three years, so she was super excited, and from everything she says, this guy sounds super nice and is a complete gentleman. After her date, she was absolutely glowing, and had the biggest grin ever on her face. She said he has already promised to take her out again later this week.
Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for Bernadette! She's had some crappy guys here and there, and I'm really glad it seems like she's met a really nice guy. And I'm even more glad that she had a great date tonight. It's just kind of hard to still be nursing a broken heart, and suddenly find yourself lonely on a Sunday night because your best friend is out having an amazing date. Sigh. I know this will get better... it is getting better... but it's just not completely better. Yes, moral of the story, I guess I'm still a little lonely.
One more day of NaBloPoMo... I love how this NaBloPoMo has fallen on one of the hardest months of my life.
2 comments:
- Heather said...
-
*Hugs* There will be other men. Better men. :)
-
5:05 PM EST
- Kirby said...
-
(Hugs!!) I remember feeling the same way many times.
Bernadette and Bernadine? That must get confusing! -
6:27 PM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
*Hugs* There will be other men. Better men. :)
(Hugs!!) I remember feeling the same way many times.
Bernadette and Bernadine? That must get confusing!
Post a Comment