Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Alright, I want to give everyone a quick Happy Thanksgiving! I am actually posting this prior to midnight, go figure! I hope everyone is properly and happily stuffed on all kinds of Thanksgiving goodies. :) My chocolate pie came out perfect, and finally, FINALLY tastes just like gramma's. :) So I was very happy with that.

As for Black Friday shopping, is anyone doing that? I went to Old Navy today as they opened at noon, and got some pretty good deals... jammies for my mom and sister, and a nice fleece pullover for my dad. In general, I am completely against Black Friday shopping... I think it is ridiculous that retailers expect people to camp outside for deals! But, I am actually going to Walmart at like 3am to try to get a 32" tv on sale for under $250! We need a tv for the living room, and $250 fits nicely into my budget! And if I can't get one at Walmart when the deals start at 4am, well I might hit Target, who opens their doors at 5am. I'm obviously a night owl anyhow, so staying up til 3 or 4 isn't a huge deal... but I will definitely be sleeping in tomorrow. And I hope to never ever do any more Black Friday shopping!

If I get decent sleep, and if I get a running start on my homework, I might *might* think about putting up the Christmas tree over the weekend. We'll see!

Goodnight guys!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I have never done Black Friday. Well except, later in the evening which doesn't count. :-P

My sister said IKEA was selling couches for around $250 dollars. I don't know what they look like, but that's a pretty good deal!

Heather said...

Oooo, IKEA. :> Glad I didn't know about that--I'm such an IKEA addict, but I am not the person to be up at 5am to catch those Black Friday deals. I woke up at 11am and just now thinking about going out. But it's cold and rainy here. :(

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Alright, I want to give everyone a quick Happy Thanksgiving! I am actually posting this prior to midnight, go figure! I hope everyone is properly and happily stuffed on all kinds of Thanksgiving goodies. :) My chocolate pie came out perfect, and finally, FINALLY tastes just like gramma's. :) So I was very happy with that.

As for Black Friday shopping, is anyone doing that? I went to Old Navy today as they opened at noon, and got some pretty good deals... jammies for my mom and sister, and a nice fleece pullover for my dad. In general, I am completely against Black Friday shopping... I think it is ridiculous that retailers expect people to camp outside for deals! But, I am actually going to Walmart at like 3am to try to get a 32" tv on sale for under $250! We need a tv for the living room, and $250 fits nicely into my budget! And if I can't get one at Walmart when the deals start at 4am, well I might hit Target, who opens their doors at 5am. I'm obviously a night owl anyhow, so staying up til 3 or 4 isn't a huge deal... but I will definitely be sleeping in tomorrow. And I hope to never ever do any more Black Friday shopping!

If I get decent sleep, and if I get a running start on my homework, I might *might* think about putting up the Christmas tree over the weekend. We'll see!

Goodnight guys!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I have never done Black Friday. Well except, later in the evening which doesn't count. :-P

My sister said IKEA was selling couches for around $250 dollars. I don't know what they look like, but that's a pretty good deal!

Heather said...

Oooo, IKEA. :> Glad I didn't know about that--I'm such an IKEA addict, but I am not the person to be up at 5am to catch those Black Friday deals. I woke up at 11am and just now thinking about going out. But it's cold and rainy here. :(