So Sunday. Let's sum it up thus far. I dropped over $100 shopping for apartment stuff... so all the cash I made during the summer is almost officially gone... haha just $300 of that left. Wow, how did I spend all that money so fast? Ah anyhow... me and Bernadette bought everything under the sun, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, bedroom stuff, you name it, we got it.
We also ran in to our really good friend Shannon (on of the girls who is always in on our monthly girl's nights... and someone we've been friends with since elementary school), and she just didn't look like her usual happy self. When we asked how she was doing, she told us that her grandmother passed away yesterday, and that her sister who is a few years older than her was diagnosed with MS on Friday. Sigh... I gave her a hug and told her I know exactly what she's going through with her sister, and that she should please call me anytime she wanted to talk about it. She said she would, and also said she was really glad I could relate to her and give her some advice.
MS is such a devastating diagnosis... on the one hand, it isn't usually life threatening, but on the other hand, it can steal your quality of life from you... so which is better? Sometimes I don't know.
Which brings me to my next subject, which I wasn't planning on blogging about, but since I brought it up, I might as well. One other thing I've been super stressed about is my leg. My right leg from my knee down to my ankle, has had some numbness for almost a month now! I know I mentioned something about my knee earlier, but didn't go much in to it. Well, it was weird, it started slightly above my knee and quickly progressed down. My knee, shin, and calf were numb... not completely numb, but kind of like I had to scratch really hard before I would feel it. I flipped out, secretly panicing that I might have MS like my sister, since numbness in the extremities is often a sign of MS.
So I have been carrying that around me for the last month. The good news, or hopefully good news is that the spot on my knee where I am the most numb, also happens to have a huge knot of inflammation. And seeing as this is the knee I have done multiple injuries to over the years... inflammation is actually a good sign. It means that I probably did some damage to my knee at the gym or something, and there is a logical explanation for the numbness... like a pinched nerve. MS does not cause inflammation... nor would it cause the sudden tingling all the way down to my toes when I squatted down yesterday.
But anyhoo, my friend Jenn has gotten on my case about going to the doctor, so I am, next week. But yes, I only have a 3% chance of getting MS, and yes my knee/leg now seem to have a logical explanation... but with all the stress I was already under with school and Scott and moving, my brain went to a very bad place. So yes, I think you guys finally know about EVERYTHING that has stressed me lately.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Shopping & Stress
So Sunday. Let's sum it up thus far. I dropped over $100 shopping for apartment stuff... so all the cash I made during the summer is almost officially gone... haha just $300 of that left. Wow, how did I spend all that money so fast? Ah anyhow... me and Bernadette bought everything under the sun, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, bedroom stuff, you name it, we got it.
We also ran in to our really good friend Shannon (on of the girls who is always in on our monthly girl's nights... and someone we've been friends with since elementary school), and she just didn't look like her usual happy self. When we asked how she was doing, she told us that her grandmother passed away yesterday, and that her sister who is a few years older than her was diagnosed with MS on Friday. Sigh... I gave her a hug and told her I know exactly what she's going through with her sister, and that she should please call me anytime she wanted to talk about it. She said she would, and also said she was really glad I could relate to her and give her some advice.
MS is such a devastating diagnosis... on the one hand, it isn't usually life threatening, but on the other hand, it can steal your quality of life from you... so which is better? Sometimes I don't know.
Which brings me to my next subject, which I wasn't planning on blogging about, but since I brought it up, I might as well. One other thing I've been super stressed about is my leg. My right leg from my knee down to my ankle, has had some numbness for almost a month now! I know I mentioned something about my knee earlier, but didn't go much in to it. Well, it was weird, it started slightly above my knee and quickly progressed down. My knee, shin, and calf were numb... not completely numb, but kind of like I had to scratch really hard before I would feel it. I flipped out, secretly panicing that I might have MS like my sister, since numbness in the extremities is often a sign of MS.
So I have been carrying that around me for the last month. The good news, or hopefully good news is that the spot on my knee where I am the most numb, also happens to have a huge knot of inflammation. And seeing as this is the knee I have done multiple injuries to over the years... inflammation is actually a good sign. It means that I probably did some damage to my knee at the gym or something, and there is a logical explanation for the numbness... like a pinched nerve. MS does not cause inflammation... nor would it cause the sudden tingling all the way down to my toes when I squatted down yesterday.
But anyhoo, my friend Jenn has gotten on my case about going to the doctor, so I am, next week. But yes, I only have a 3% chance of getting MS, and yes my knee/leg now seem to have a logical explanation... but with all the stress I was already under with school and Scott and moving, my brain went to a very bad place. So yes, I think you guys finally know about EVERYTHING that has stressed me lately.
We also ran in to our really good friend Shannon (on of the girls who is always in on our monthly girl's nights... and someone we've been friends with since elementary school), and she just didn't look like her usual happy self. When we asked how she was doing, she told us that her grandmother passed away yesterday, and that her sister who is a few years older than her was diagnosed with MS on Friday. Sigh... I gave her a hug and told her I know exactly what she's going through with her sister, and that she should please call me anytime she wanted to talk about it. She said she would, and also said she was really glad I could relate to her and give her some advice.
MS is such a devastating diagnosis... on the one hand, it isn't usually life threatening, but on the other hand, it can steal your quality of life from you... so which is better? Sometimes I don't know.
Which brings me to my next subject, which I wasn't planning on blogging about, but since I brought it up, I might as well. One other thing I've been super stressed about is my leg. My right leg from my knee down to my ankle, has had some numbness for almost a month now! I know I mentioned something about my knee earlier, but didn't go much in to it. Well, it was weird, it started slightly above my knee and quickly progressed down. My knee, shin, and calf were numb... not completely numb, but kind of like I had to scratch really hard before I would feel it. I flipped out, secretly panicing that I might have MS like my sister, since numbness in the extremities is often a sign of MS.
So I have been carrying that around me for the last month. The good news, or hopefully good news is that the spot on my knee where I am the most numb, also happens to have a huge knot of inflammation. And seeing as this is the knee I have done multiple injuries to over the years... inflammation is actually a good sign. It means that I probably did some damage to my knee at the gym or something, and there is a logical explanation for the numbness... like a pinched nerve. MS does not cause inflammation... nor would it cause the sudden tingling all the way down to my toes when I squatted down yesterday.
But anyhoo, my friend Jenn has gotten on my case about going to the doctor, so I am, next week. But yes, I only have a 3% chance of getting MS, and yes my knee/leg now seem to have a logical explanation... but with all the stress I was already under with school and Scott and moving, my brain went to a very bad place. So yes, I think you guys finally know about EVERYTHING that has stressed me lately.
2 comments:
- Robin said...
-
When your apartment is all set up, you must give us a virtual tour!! I demand it. :-P
-
6:35 PM EST
- Heather said...
-
Oh, that knee thing sounds stressful. But I agree with your "logical explanation" approach. That's the best way to stay calm, and the "logical explanation" is usually the reason. :)
-
9:40 PM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When your apartment is all set up, you must give us a virtual tour!! I demand it. :-P
Oh, that knee thing sounds stressful. But I agree with your "logical explanation" approach. That's the best way to stay calm, and the "logical explanation" is usually the reason. :)
Post a Comment