Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm Becoming... Domestic?

:) Well, the last few days, and the rest of this week have been all about gearing up to move on out. I never thought I'd ever be so concerned with the price of towels and cookware and croc pots... and yet here I am! I never thought I'd get so excited about cookie sheets and dish towels, but well, I guess playing house is fun. Well... it's fun when you get to buy the stuff, but when you look at the receipts for what you just bought, not so fun! Plus, I hate household chores... so I know what I'm getting myself in to! I am excited about the new place, but yeah... moving in and getting organized is going to be a lot of work!

So anyhow, I thought I would share a few of the purchases I've made recently with you guys!

Okay, I took forever to pick a shower curtain! I know, it doesn't seem like it would or should be that big of a deal... but yes, it was! I figured, the last thing I wanted to see day after day was some ugly shower curtain that drove me nuts. So I went back and forth and back and forth... and finally picked this one.



And okay, this photo doesn't do it justice! It's a really pretty green color, with gold and blue and beige little polka dots that are embroidered... trust me it looks much prettier in color!

Anyhow, I got matching towels and whatnot, because I'm that kind of nut. :)

We also got this cookware:



Farberware... $50 at Walmart! I got this set because my mom LOVES Farberware, and this set was perfect for our price range. So yea for having something to cook food with. :)

The bigger purchase I made was this dining set:



Simple... and not too space consuming! We don't have a lot of space for the dining area (it runs right in to the living room), so I wanted something that would work for the limited space. We also both agreed that we wanted to go with a darker finish, and this set was nothing over the top... which I like! I like simplicity more than big, formal pieces of furniture.

So anyhow, that's just a few of the things we've recently bought... and I feel like an actual grown up now, which is pretty amusing. :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oooo, pretty stuff! Hee, I loved buying housey stuff, too. :)

Robin said...

Cute shower curtain!! Buying house stuff is so fun!

Kirby said...

OOh, nice stuff! I love picking out things for the house.

Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm Becoming... Domestic?

:) Well, the last few days, and the rest of this week have been all about gearing up to move on out. I never thought I'd ever be so concerned with the price of towels and cookware and croc pots... and yet here I am! I never thought I'd get so excited about cookie sheets and dish towels, but well, I guess playing house is fun. Well... it's fun when you get to buy the stuff, but when you look at the receipts for what you just bought, not so fun! Plus, I hate household chores... so I know what I'm getting myself in to! I am excited about the new place, but yeah... moving in and getting organized is going to be a lot of work!

So anyhow, I thought I would share a few of the purchases I've made recently with you guys!

Okay, I took forever to pick a shower curtain! I know, it doesn't seem like it would or should be that big of a deal... but yes, it was! I figured, the last thing I wanted to see day after day was some ugly shower curtain that drove me nuts. So I went back and forth and back and forth... and finally picked this one.



And okay, this photo doesn't do it justice! It's a really pretty green color, with gold and blue and beige little polka dots that are embroidered... trust me it looks much prettier in color!

Anyhow, I got matching towels and whatnot, because I'm that kind of nut. :)

We also got this cookware:



Farberware... $50 at Walmart! I got this set because my mom LOVES Farberware, and this set was perfect for our price range. So yea for having something to cook food with. :)

The bigger purchase I made was this dining set:



Simple... and not too space consuming! We don't have a lot of space for the dining area (it runs right in to the living room), so I wanted something that would work for the limited space. We also both agreed that we wanted to go with a darker finish, and this set was nothing over the top... which I like! I like simplicity more than big, formal pieces of furniture.

So anyhow, that's just a few of the things we've recently bought... and I feel like an actual grown up now, which is pretty amusing. :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oooo, pretty stuff! Hee, I loved buying housey stuff, too. :)

Robin said...

Cute shower curtain!! Buying house stuff is so fun!

Kirby said...

OOh, nice stuff! I love picking out things for the house.