Okay, time for a more lighthearted post. Not that my previous one didn't have its merits... I just am not in that angry, hurt, irrational mood anymore. Well, I'm still hurt, and working through various feelings, but whereas I felt hopeless last Thursday, today I'm feeling more and more like my old self again.
I had meant for this to be my first post of the new year, but well, obviously, other things distracted me. :) So here we have it, using my iPod as a guide (but not completely), my top 12 songs of 2009 (with the disclaimer that this is what I liked to listen to, not necessarily something that came out in 2009):
12. Empire State of Mind - Jay Z featuring Alicia Keys
11. Paparazzi - Lady Gaga
10. Assassin - John Mayer
9. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer
8. I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
7. Lesson Learned - Alicia Keys featuring John Mayer
6. Battlefield - Jordin Sparks
5. Free Fallin' - John Mayer featuring Eric Clapton
4. Hometown Glory - Adele
3. Chasing Pavements - Adele
2. Circus - Britney Spears
1. Thinking of You - Katy Perry
Well, I had to do a top 12 because music kind of became my therapy for most of the past year... although when isn't it my therapy? I was kind of surprised that a Katy Perry song was my top one of the year... not that I didn't realize I listened to it nonstop, but because, well it's Katy Perry, haha. And yes there is an obnoxious amount of John Mayer, and most of the songs were a reflection on my romantic drama of the year. Anyhow, I just think it's really interesting to reflect on a year of your life through your music choices.
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday, January 16, 2010
2009 Music Review
Okay, time for a more lighthearted post. Not that my previous one didn't have its merits... I just am not in that angry, hurt, irrational mood anymore. Well, I'm still hurt, and working through various feelings, but whereas I felt hopeless last Thursday, today I'm feeling more and more like my old self again.
I had meant for this to be my first post of the new year, but well, obviously, other things distracted me. :) So here we have it, using my iPod as a guide (but not completely), my top 12 songs of 2009 (with the disclaimer that this is what I liked to listen to, not necessarily something that came out in 2009):
12. Empire State of Mind - Jay Z featuring Alicia Keys
11. Paparazzi - Lady Gaga
10. Assassin - John Mayer
9. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer
8. I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
7. Lesson Learned - Alicia Keys featuring John Mayer
6. Battlefield - Jordin Sparks
5. Free Fallin' - John Mayer featuring Eric Clapton
4. Hometown Glory - Adele
3. Chasing Pavements - Adele
2. Circus - Britney Spears
1. Thinking of You - Katy Perry
Well, I had to do a top 12 because music kind of became my therapy for most of the past year... although when isn't it my therapy? I was kind of surprised that a Katy Perry song was my top one of the year... not that I didn't realize I listened to it nonstop, but because, well it's Katy Perry, haha. And yes there is an obnoxious amount of John Mayer, and most of the songs were a reflection on my romantic drama of the year. Anyhow, I just think it's really interesting to reflect on a year of your life through your music choices.
I had meant for this to be my first post of the new year, but well, obviously, other things distracted me. :) So here we have it, using my iPod as a guide (but not completely), my top 12 songs of 2009 (with the disclaimer that this is what I liked to listen to, not necessarily something that came out in 2009):
12. Empire State of Mind - Jay Z featuring Alicia Keys
11. Paparazzi - Lady Gaga
10. Assassin - John Mayer
9. Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer
8. I Gotta Feeling - The Black Eyed Peas
7. Lesson Learned - Alicia Keys featuring John Mayer
6. Battlefield - Jordin Sparks
5. Free Fallin' - John Mayer featuring Eric Clapton
4. Hometown Glory - Adele
3. Chasing Pavements - Adele
2. Circus - Britney Spears
1. Thinking of You - Katy Perry
Well, I had to do a top 12 because music kind of became my therapy for most of the past year... although when isn't it my therapy? I was kind of surprised that a Katy Perry song was my top one of the year... not that I didn't realize I listened to it nonstop, but because, well it's Katy Perry, haha. And yes there is an obnoxious amount of John Mayer, and most of the songs were a reflection on my romantic drama of the year. Anyhow, I just think it's really interesting to reflect on a year of your life through your music choices.
2 comments:
- Kirby said...
-
Great list! Empire State of Mind is my obsession song right now.
-
9:48 PM EST
-
Anonymous said...
-
I give you a big thumbs up...except for the BEP song. I like their new song much more.
And woohoo for John Mayer! Great music to lay back to. -
11:00 AM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great list! Empire State of Mind is my obsession song right now.
I give you a big thumbs up...except for the BEP song. I like their new song much more.
And woohoo for John Mayer! Great music to lay back to.
Post a Comment