Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm Commencing! :)

Okay, a quicky blog! And yes I owe anyone who still reads my blog a more substantial post in the near future... but I've been so ridiculously busy lately! Anyhow, I'm graduating tomorrow afternoon (today?)! I still have one more class, and my thesis to finish, but everyone in my program pretty much walks when they've still got a class or their thesis to wrap up.

So yes... there has been lots and lots of activity around here, and I am super pooped! I am seriously about to go to bed at any second. The thought of brushing my teeth and washing my face before collapsing in bed sounds about as appealing as going out and running a 5K right now! But I am going to get off my rear in just a second, so that I can go to sleep. :)

I'm getting up at a decent hour tomorrow to do something with my hair, and hopefully make myself look overall pretty. We're going to a brunch the school is having for all of the masters/doctorate graduates at 11am, and then I have to be checked in by 1:30 for the actual commencement. I had the option of going to the big graduation in Ann Arbor today as an audience member, but I've been so exhausted lately I passed. Which goes to show I was REALLY exhausted because Obama was the keynote speaker!

But yes, this week has included me taking my big and scary CHES exam (didn't really feel that scary in the moment), getting a mild case of food poisoning (yeah, the same day as the CHES exam... that was AWESOME, not!), finishing my finals, interning, working, not sleeping, etc. And now graduation! I'm going to try not to feel guilty about not working on my thesis as I spend tomorrow just having fun and being in the moment. We'll see how that goes.

Well anyhoo, I really need to get some sleep! Sometime this week, I will post a blurb about the craziness that has been going on around here!

2 comments:

Kirby said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you share pictures!

Don't feel guilty for not working on your thesis. It's just one day, and an important one!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I hope it was a fantastic day!! :D

Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm Commencing! :)

Okay, a quicky blog! And yes I owe anyone who still reads my blog a more substantial post in the near future... but I've been so ridiculously busy lately! Anyhow, I'm graduating tomorrow afternoon (today?)! I still have one more class, and my thesis to finish, but everyone in my program pretty much walks when they've still got a class or their thesis to wrap up.

So yes... there has been lots and lots of activity around here, and I am super pooped! I am seriously about to go to bed at any second. The thought of brushing my teeth and washing my face before collapsing in bed sounds about as appealing as going out and running a 5K right now! But I am going to get off my rear in just a second, so that I can go to sleep. :)

I'm getting up at a decent hour tomorrow to do something with my hair, and hopefully make myself look overall pretty. We're going to a brunch the school is having for all of the masters/doctorate graduates at 11am, and then I have to be checked in by 1:30 for the actual commencement. I had the option of going to the big graduation in Ann Arbor today as an audience member, but I've been so exhausted lately I passed. Which goes to show I was REALLY exhausted because Obama was the keynote speaker!

But yes, this week has included me taking my big and scary CHES exam (didn't really feel that scary in the moment), getting a mild case of food poisoning (yeah, the same day as the CHES exam... that was AWESOME, not!), finishing my finals, interning, working, not sleeping, etc. And now graduation! I'm going to try not to feel guilty about not working on my thesis as I spend tomorrow just having fun and being in the moment. We'll see how that goes.

Well anyhoo, I really need to get some sleep! Sometime this week, I will post a blurb about the craziness that has been going on around here!

2 comments:

Kirby said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you share pictures!

Don't feel guilty for not working on your thesis. It's just one day, and an important one!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I hope it was a fantastic day!! :D