Monday, November 1, 2010
Hello November...
Anyhow... how about I talk about my students? I have one kid, I'll name him Charlie... Charlie is off his rocker. Seriously! He is a crazy four year old who throws tantrums almost anytime I say no, and on a daily basis yells about how much he hates me. Later on in the day he usually changes his mind and says things like "I'mma be a good boy today, teacher!" and "I love you teacher." Uh huh, yeah kid. I have written him numerous referrals and the principal has come in and literally yanked him off his desk when he refused to come down from it... he has thrown chairs twice, twice! So basically the kid makes my life hell and I have thought many times that what he really needs is a good paddling... if only! Not that I agree with any type of violence, especially towards children... but yeah. Somehow I believe if Charlie really thought I had the power or ability to paddle him, well... let's just say I don't think he'd be throwing chairs!
There is another kid who I'll name Kevin. Kevin... oh lord, he doesn't seem to have any emotional issues like Charlie. Kevin is just full of crap! The mom thinks this is all ADHD, but as our principal said, this isn't ADHD, it's B-A-D. There was one time when he got stuck in his chair, another time when he poured paint water all over the floor, the times when he stopped in the middle of the intersection of a busy street to do the splits when we crossed the street... the list goes on and on. I feel like the title of my blog should now be "Adventures of a Kindergarten Teacher."
Sadly, I almost feel like now it is impossible for me to finish my thesis by December. I thought this job would be lucky to last through September, and here it is November. The principal has pretty much asked me to stay through at least next week, but I told her I wanted to drop to a four day week. She has agreed, but we haven't hammered out the details yet. Tomorrow is a professional development day, but since none of it really pertains to Kindergarten and I shouldn't be here much longer, I was told I didn't have to attend. I won't get paid for the day, but who cares? I get to sleep in, go vote, and work on my thesis in my pajamas.
I wish I had something more interesting to say today, but I am totally falling asleep. Yes, now I am falling asleep super early, just to prove I am becoming old and cranky! Do you know on Friday night, I fell asleep at 9pm? Yes, I'm 28 years old, and I spent a super exciting Friday evening nodding off in front of Dateline NBC. Ehh, yes. I hope my November posts won't be such a snoozefest!
Monday, November 1, 2010
Hello November...
Anyhow... how about I talk about my students? I have one kid, I'll name him Charlie... Charlie is off his rocker. Seriously! He is a crazy four year old who throws tantrums almost anytime I say no, and on a daily basis yells about how much he hates me. Later on in the day he usually changes his mind and says things like "I'mma be a good boy today, teacher!" and "I love you teacher." Uh huh, yeah kid. I have written him numerous referrals and the principal has come in and literally yanked him off his desk when he refused to come down from it... he has thrown chairs twice, twice! So basically the kid makes my life hell and I have thought many times that what he really needs is a good paddling... if only! Not that I agree with any type of violence, especially towards children... but yeah. Somehow I believe if Charlie really thought I had the power or ability to paddle him, well... let's just say I don't think he'd be throwing chairs!
There is another kid who I'll name Kevin. Kevin... oh lord, he doesn't seem to have any emotional issues like Charlie. Kevin is just full of crap! The mom thinks this is all ADHD, but as our principal said, this isn't ADHD, it's B-A-D. There was one time when he got stuck in his chair, another time when he poured paint water all over the floor, the times when he stopped in the middle of the intersection of a busy street to do the splits when we crossed the street... the list goes on and on. I feel like the title of my blog should now be "Adventures of a Kindergarten Teacher."
Sadly, I almost feel like now it is impossible for me to finish my thesis by December. I thought this job would be lucky to last through September, and here it is November. The principal has pretty much asked me to stay through at least next week, but I told her I wanted to drop to a four day week. She has agreed, but we haven't hammered out the details yet. Tomorrow is a professional development day, but since none of it really pertains to Kindergarten and I shouldn't be here much longer, I was told I didn't have to attend. I won't get paid for the day, but who cares? I get to sleep in, go vote, and work on my thesis in my pajamas.
I wish I had something more interesting to say today, but I am totally falling asleep. Yes, now I am falling asleep super early, just to prove I am becoming old and cranky! Do you know on Friday night, I fell asleep at 9pm? Yes, I'm 28 years old, and I spent a super exciting Friday evening nodding off in front of Dateline NBC. Ehh, yes. I hope my November posts won't be such a snoozefest!
3 comments:
- Kirby said...
-
Yikes, I don't know how you do it. I don't think that I could work with kids all day every day. Especially ones like that.
There's nothing wrong with going to bed at 9pm on a Friday night! Besides, you must be exhausted after spending all week with the kids you described above! -
2:32 AM EDT
- Kim said...
-
I just took a required course on ODD, from what you're saying, Charlie sounds like a text-book case.
Good luck getting out of there quicker, and getting your thesis done. But for what it's worth, I'd totally read a blog called "Adventures of a Kindergarten Teacher." ;) -
11:53 PM EDT
- Robin said...
-
Watching just TWO kids makes me insane. I can only imagine what you have to deal with on a daily basis.
Kids are crazy little a$$holes! Makes me want a hysterectomy just looking at them. <---I'm evil. Bring back the paddle!! -
6:47 PM EDT
3 comments:
Yikes, I don't know how you do it. I don't think that I could work with kids all day every day. Especially ones like that.
There's nothing wrong with going to bed at 9pm on a Friday night! Besides, you must be exhausted after spending all week with the kids you described above!
I just took a required course on ODD, from what you're saying, Charlie sounds like a text-book case.
Good luck getting out of there quicker, and getting your thesis done. But for what it's worth, I'd totally read a blog called "Adventures of a Kindergarten Teacher." ;)
Watching just TWO kids makes me insane. I can only imagine what you have to deal with on a daily basis.
Kids are crazy little a$$holes! Makes me want a hysterectomy just looking at them. <---I'm evil. Bring back the paddle!!
Post a Comment