And again, I forgot to blog yesterday. So again, I'll do two posts today. And why did I forget to blog yesterday? Oh, because I came home so exhausted I promptly fell asleep... got up around 7pm to eat... oh no, not dinner, but a brownie and ice cream. Then I plopped it on the couch until Bernadette came home around 8, then we went to Panera where I got a "You pick 2" of broccoli cheddar soup and a chicken caesar salad. The salad was super yummy, and I was so full off of it that I put my soup in the fridge. But before we went to Panera, I was falling asleep on the couch. Bernadette had to drag me out the door! After dinner, I made myself stay up for another hour before I passed out.
So yes, an oh so exciting Friday night. Slept from 5-7pm, almost fell asleep at 8, forced myself awake til 10, and then I was out like a light before 11pm.
Still no word on how much longer I'll have this job. I understand there might indeed be a hiring freeze, and this might be affecting me. The thing that pisses me off about it is that no one wants to communicate a damn thing with me. It is utterly ridiculous! I know I am hardly the only teacher in the building, but at this point, I feel like it is just me being taken advantage of. Not being concerned about money is great, but in return, I'm concerned about everything else. I'm forcing myself to work on my thesis for two hours today, and I plan to work on it for at least two hours tomorrow, too. But I mean, seriously, how much longer can I go like this? Doing everything under the sun on the weekends, and being so exhausted on the weekdays that I pretty much sleep my free time away?
I haven't been to the gym at all since I got home from camp. My weight is still down, probably due to running after the kids all day long, but I still feel so out of shape. I don't have a social life anymore, and my back hurts all. the. time. And I feel like I've turned my blog into the vent corner.
Eh, hopefully my later blog post will be a little more uplifting.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Sleepy Friday
And again, I forgot to blog yesterday. So again, I'll do two posts today. And why did I forget to blog yesterday? Oh, because I came home so exhausted I promptly fell asleep... got up around 7pm to eat... oh no, not dinner, but a brownie and ice cream. Then I plopped it on the couch until Bernadette came home around 8, then we went to Panera where I got a "You pick 2" of broccoli cheddar soup and a chicken caesar salad. The salad was super yummy, and I was so full off of it that I put my soup in the fridge. But before we went to Panera, I was falling asleep on the couch. Bernadette had to drag me out the door! After dinner, I made myself stay up for another hour before I passed out.
So yes, an oh so exciting Friday night. Slept from 5-7pm, almost fell asleep at 8, forced myself awake til 10, and then I was out like a light before 11pm.
Still no word on how much longer I'll have this job. I understand there might indeed be a hiring freeze, and this might be affecting me. The thing that pisses me off about it is that no one wants to communicate a damn thing with me. It is utterly ridiculous! I know I am hardly the only teacher in the building, but at this point, I feel like it is just me being taken advantage of. Not being concerned about money is great, but in return, I'm concerned about everything else. I'm forcing myself to work on my thesis for two hours today, and I plan to work on it for at least two hours tomorrow, too. But I mean, seriously, how much longer can I go like this? Doing everything under the sun on the weekends, and being so exhausted on the weekdays that I pretty much sleep my free time away?
I haven't been to the gym at all since I got home from camp. My weight is still down, probably due to running after the kids all day long, but I still feel so out of shape. I don't have a social life anymore, and my back hurts all. the. time. And I feel like I've turned my blog into the vent corner.
Eh, hopefully my later blog post will be a little more uplifting.
So yes, an oh so exciting Friday night. Slept from 5-7pm, almost fell asleep at 8, forced myself awake til 10, and then I was out like a light before 11pm.
Still no word on how much longer I'll have this job. I understand there might indeed be a hiring freeze, and this might be affecting me. The thing that pisses me off about it is that no one wants to communicate a damn thing with me. It is utterly ridiculous! I know I am hardly the only teacher in the building, but at this point, I feel like it is just me being taken advantage of. Not being concerned about money is great, but in return, I'm concerned about everything else. I'm forcing myself to work on my thesis for two hours today, and I plan to work on it for at least two hours tomorrow, too. But I mean, seriously, how much longer can I go like this? Doing everything under the sun on the weekends, and being so exhausted on the weekdays that I pretty much sleep my free time away?
I haven't been to the gym at all since I got home from camp. My weight is still down, probably due to running after the kids all day long, but I still feel so out of shape. I don't have a social life anymore, and my back hurts all. the. time. And I feel like I've turned my blog into the vent corner.
Eh, hopefully my later blog post will be a little more uplifting.
2 comments:
-
Jessica said...
-
:( You have to vent somewhere. Is there any way to find 30 minutes to yourself in the day? Relaxing during the lunch hour? Even just sitting at a quiet dinner table to eat dinner?
If only we all followed our own advice. ;) -
1:41 AM EST
- Tamara said...
-
Well, I can get some time when I come home, but yeah, I usually just nap it away. I guess I need to make it a priority to just do something for myself, besides sleep.
-
10:24 AM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
:( You have to vent somewhere. Is there any way to find 30 minutes to yourself in the day? Relaxing during the lunch hour? Even just sitting at a quiet dinner table to eat dinner?
If only we all followed our own advice. ;)
Well, I can get some time when I come home, but yeah, I usually just nap it away. I guess I need to make it a priority to just do something for myself, besides sleep.
Post a Comment