Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Terrible Tuesday

Okay, my second post for today!

Hmm... so my very good friend Shannon, who is one of the girls I get together with every month, interviewed for my job yesterday! She has taught kindergarten in the district before, but has always been laid off... because the Flint schools lay off an incredible amount of teachers every year. Anyhoo, she was one of two people they interviewed. I hope she gets the job, seeing as she wants a job, and the majority of the stuff in my classroom I borrowed from her! I wouldn't have to pack up all of her stuff, lol. But, she is also holding out for an interview on Friday for a manager position in a job she currently holds... so yeah. Either way, since they have interviewed people, I hope the principal sticks to her word of me only having about two weeks left.

On the other hand, a well meaning teacher told me today that she heard "the district has called for a hiring freeze due to lack of money... so hopefully you'll have your job for some time to come! We don't want to lose you!"

Eh. She had no idea what those words did for my mood. Talk about a deflated feeling! Hopefully she's wrong, because I have no plans on staying in this job into December.

Finally, Charlie and Kevin kept me on my toes today for sure. Charlie had a fit when I wouldn't let him immediately wash his hands after he wrote all over them in marker. I figured the best way for him to learn his lesson was to make him sit at his seat for a bit before he could wash the marker off. He started screaming and yelling, slapped my arm, and tried to throw pencils and did throw an eraser at another kid. Then he refused to go to lunch with us until I threatened to leave him all by himself. He had a holy fit on the school bus on the way to the main building for lunch... screaming and throwing himself on the floor of the bus. I was holding onto his coat because he refused to put it on when we came out to the bus. He demanded I give him his coat, and when I told him I wanted him to calm down and sit, he screeched at the top of his lungs "Gimme MY COAT!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously, if I could have spanked him I would have! But that clearly is not in my job description. He then started to climb over the seat at me, and when I put up my arm to block him from climbing over the seat, he punched me in my arm! Seriously... ADHD, anger issues, whatever it might be, lord knows all I wanted to do was give him a good spanking. Instead, me and the first grade teacher who is in the unit next door had to drag him off of the bus and to the office. Thankfully, for my sanity, the principal suspended him until Friday for hitting me. Which is a sad thing when a kindergartner gets suspended!

And Kevin... don't even get me started on that kid! He got himself stuck in his chair, again! Thankfully one of the intervention teachers was visiting my unit at the time, so she held on to one end while I held on to the other, and we pulled him free. Tomorrow I am taking a screwdriver to work, and I am taking the back rest off of his chair! That way the little turd can't get himself stuck again.

Ehh, and I wonder why my back is killing me? These kids are going to kill me.

2 comments:

Kirby said...

Yikes!! I'm hoping for your insanity that the school does decide to hire one of the other people so that you can run for your life!

Tamara said...

Hahaha did you mean my sanity or my insanity? LOL Either way, insanity is pretty much my state of mind right now!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Terrible Tuesday

Okay, my second post for today!

Hmm... so my very good friend Shannon, who is one of the girls I get together with every month, interviewed for my job yesterday! She has taught kindergarten in the district before, but has always been laid off... because the Flint schools lay off an incredible amount of teachers every year. Anyhoo, she was one of two people they interviewed. I hope she gets the job, seeing as she wants a job, and the majority of the stuff in my classroom I borrowed from her! I wouldn't have to pack up all of her stuff, lol. But, she is also holding out for an interview on Friday for a manager position in a job she currently holds... so yeah. Either way, since they have interviewed people, I hope the principal sticks to her word of me only having about two weeks left.

On the other hand, a well meaning teacher told me today that she heard "the district has called for a hiring freeze due to lack of money... so hopefully you'll have your job for some time to come! We don't want to lose you!"

Eh. She had no idea what those words did for my mood. Talk about a deflated feeling! Hopefully she's wrong, because I have no plans on staying in this job into December.

Finally, Charlie and Kevin kept me on my toes today for sure. Charlie had a fit when I wouldn't let him immediately wash his hands after he wrote all over them in marker. I figured the best way for him to learn his lesson was to make him sit at his seat for a bit before he could wash the marker off. He started screaming and yelling, slapped my arm, and tried to throw pencils and did throw an eraser at another kid. Then he refused to go to lunch with us until I threatened to leave him all by himself. He had a holy fit on the school bus on the way to the main building for lunch... screaming and throwing himself on the floor of the bus. I was holding onto his coat because he refused to put it on when we came out to the bus. He demanded I give him his coat, and when I told him I wanted him to calm down and sit, he screeched at the top of his lungs "Gimme MY COAT!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously, if I could have spanked him I would have! But that clearly is not in my job description. He then started to climb over the seat at me, and when I put up my arm to block him from climbing over the seat, he punched me in my arm! Seriously... ADHD, anger issues, whatever it might be, lord knows all I wanted to do was give him a good spanking. Instead, me and the first grade teacher who is in the unit next door had to drag him off of the bus and to the office. Thankfully, for my sanity, the principal suspended him until Friday for hitting me. Which is a sad thing when a kindergartner gets suspended!

And Kevin... don't even get me started on that kid! He got himself stuck in his chair, again! Thankfully one of the intervention teachers was visiting my unit at the time, so she held on to one end while I held on to the other, and we pulled him free. Tomorrow I am taking a screwdriver to work, and I am taking the back rest off of his chair! That way the little turd can't get himself stuck again.

Ehh, and I wonder why my back is killing me? These kids are going to kill me.

2 comments:

Kirby said...

Yikes!! I'm hoping for your insanity that the school does decide to hire one of the other people so that you can run for your life!

Tamara said...

Hahaha did you mean my sanity or my insanity? LOL Either way, insanity is pretty much my state of mind right now!