Thursday, November 4, 2010

TGI... oh wait...

Yes, I've had this sad fantasy for most of the day that today is Friday... and it so is not! Now Fridays in general usually turn out to be pretty good for me. I pretty much have no responsibilities until noon. My kids go to music and gym for almost all of the morning. The only thing we have time to do is our calendar and sing a few silly songs before I drop them off with the music teacher. Oh that time to myself is glorious! In the afternoon I do a nap time, a quick reading lesson, a snack, math, and then the boys and girls who have been good get to watch a movie for the last 45 minutes of the day. It ends up being pretty sweet, for a work day anyhow!

So yes, sadly, today wasn't Friday. It was my incredibly long Thursday, when I seriously thought I might go bonkers today. Charlie was actually on his best behavior, but Kevin was being a little turd! And believe me, that's the very nicest thing I can call him today.

My biggest frustration is that I have to spend the rest of today doing grades for report cards. Ok, I assumed I'd need to do their grades... but report cards are due tomorrow, and I just now got an online password to do my grades after begging and pleading for, well, months now. So yes, everything I could have had done already, I'm doing in the very last minute because why would anyone make my life easier? Boo.

Anyhoo, I am trying to brighten my day a bit. I'm going to try a Greek chicken recipe for dinner that I found online, and I am also considering making brownies. It is cold and super dreary outside, so I figure it is best to stay in and make a nice dinner tonight. If only we had a fireplace...

3 comments:

Robin said...

I can only imagine what you have to go through on a daily basis! It sucks because the bad kids are the ones who get all the attention; and they don't deserve it. Little brats!

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Enjoy your dinner! :-)

Kirby said...

I hope you are getting paid well for all of this, especially having to report cards and all that!

I'm glad tomorrow should be an easier day for you. Happy Friday!

Speaking of fireplaces- I miss the one at my dad's so much. It was always so cozy there.

Kim said...

Good luck getting the grades done, and enjoy that nice Friday!

Thursday, November 4, 2010

TGI... oh wait...

Yes, I've had this sad fantasy for most of the day that today is Friday... and it so is not! Now Fridays in general usually turn out to be pretty good for me. I pretty much have no responsibilities until noon. My kids go to music and gym for almost all of the morning. The only thing we have time to do is our calendar and sing a few silly songs before I drop them off with the music teacher. Oh that time to myself is glorious! In the afternoon I do a nap time, a quick reading lesson, a snack, math, and then the boys and girls who have been good get to watch a movie for the last 45 minutes of the day. It ends up being pretty sweet, for a work day anyhow!

So yes, sadly, today wasn't Friday. It was my incredibly long Thursday, when I seriously thought I might go bonkers today. Charlie was actually on his best behavior, but Kevin was being a little turd! And believe me, that's the very nicest thing I can call him today.

My biggest frustration is that I have to spend the rest of today doing grades for report cards. Ok, I assumed I'd need to do their grades... but report cards are due tomorrow, and I just now got an online password to do my grades after begging and pleading for, well, months now. So yes, everything I could have had done already, I'm doing in the very last minute because why would anyone make my life easier? Boo.

Anyhoo, I am trying to brighten my day a bit. I'm going to try a Greek chicken recipe for dinner that I found online, and I am also considering making brownies. It is cold and super dreary outside, so I figure it is best to stay in and make a nice dinner tonight. If only we had a fireplace...

3 comments:

Robin said...

I can only imagine what you have to go through on a daily basis! It sucks because the bad kids are the ones who get all the attention; and they don't deserve it. Little brats!

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Enjoy your dinner! :-)

Kirby said...

I hope you are getting paid well for all of this, especially having to report cards and all that!

I'm glad tomorrow should be an easier day for you. Happy Friday!

Speaking of fireplaces- I miss the one at my dad's so much. It was always so cozy there.

Kim said...

Good luck getting the grades done, and enjoy that nice Friday!