Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Since I've been gone...

Time to dust off the old blog and start writing again!

It has been a two week vacation that I wasn't really meaning to take. NaBloPoMo surprisingly wasn't overly hard this year, so I'm not quite sure why I felt the need to run away from my blog. Maybe it is because with this kindergarten job, the days tend to run into one another. I mean to do something, and a week later I realize I still haven't done it yet! Kind of makes me feel like I'm at camp in a way! When I'm there, I accomplish a million things in one day and yet it still seems like I can never keep up with my to do list.

Speaking of camp, after much debate, some tears, the desire to tear my hair out, pacing, anxiety, etc, I've finally come to a decision. I've decided to take the promotion offered to me. This promotion is huge and after all these years, I'd be stupid to pass it up. Yes, this means I'm not going to be looking for a full time job until August, but, with the way my thesis is going, I don't really think that is a bad thing. The last thing I need while trying to finish my thesis is the pressure of trying to find a job, too. Besides, I think adding the title of "health director" to my resume will actually help me out in my job search. Here's hoping, anyhow. I plan to tell my boss Heidi tonight that I finally accept her offer.

In other news, life has been kind of weird lately. Not weird in a bad way, just weird in how I feel like it is shaking itself up. I really like my new therapist and I think going back into counseling was a very good decision. My therapist is helping me find a bit of clarity that I've lost in the past few months. I'm starting to feel my old drive of being able to conquer the world sneak back into my body. Maybe that's why I've been feeling so on top of things lately? Hmm, who knows.

There was also a nice sized snow storm that hit Michigan on Saturday night/all of Sunday. It made the roads like total crap, and actually they are still not so great. The bad roads got us not only one, but two snow days in a row. And you better believe I wasn't complaining. Sure, I don't get paid for snow days, but still, just the same, it was great. Since December started, I am officially working four days a week (even though it's too little too late to finish my thesis this semester). Due to having last Friday off, and then snow days on Monday and Tuesday, it left me with a 5 day weekend... which was glorious to say the least. It was just so nice to have a mini vacation in front of me. I think that might also be why my brain is feeling a bit more optimistic lately. It was quite nice to be able to escape the chaos of work and small kids who like to make me sick and pee their pants... yes, quite nice!

So that's my news for now, my sister is having a birthday party on Friday (her birthday is the 21st and we will both be 28 for a month), so I'm sure I'll have some pictures to share.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay, congrats on the decision. I hope this makes the next few months easier, knowing you have a job ahead of you. I also agree: the new title sounds great! :)

Kirby said...

Congrats on the promotion!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Since I've been gone...

Time to dust off the old blog and start writing again!

It has been a two week vacation that I wasn't really meaning to take. NaBloPoMo surprisingly wasn't overly hard this year, so I'm not quite sure why I felt the need to run away from my blog. Maybe it is because with this kindergarten job, the days tend to run into one another. I mean to do something, and a week later I realize I still haven't done it yet! Kind of makes me feel like I'm at camp in a way! When I'm there, I accomplish a million things in one day and yet it still seems like I can never keep up with my to do list.

Speaking of camp, after much debate, some tears, the desire to tear my hair out, pacing, anxiety, etc, I've finally come to a decision. I've decided to take the promotion offered to me. This promotion is huge and after all these years, I'd be stupid to pass it up. Yes, this means I'm not going to be looking for a full time job until August, but, with the way my thesis is going, I don't really think that is a bad thing. The last thing I need while trying to finish my thesis is the pressure of trying to find a job, too. Besides, I think adding the title of "health director" to my resume will actually help me out in my job search. Here's hoping, anyhow. I plan to tell my boss Heidi tonight that I finally accept her offer.

In other news, life has been kind of weird lately. Not weird in a bad way, just weird in how I feel like it is shaking itself up. I really like my new therapist and I think going back into counseling was a very good decision. My therapist is helping me find a bit of clarity that I've lost in the past few months. I'm starting to feel my old drive of being able to conquer the world sneak back into my body. Maybe that's why I've been feeling so on top of things lately? Hmm, who knows.

There was also a nice sized snow storm that hit Michigan on Saturday night/all of Sunday. It made the roads like total crap, and actually they are still not so great. The bad roads got us not only one, but two snow days in a row. And you better believe I wasn't complaining. Sure, I don't get paid for snow days, but still, just the same, it was great. Since December started, I am officially working four days a week (even though it's too little too late to finish my thesis this semester). Due to having last Friday off, and then snow days on Monday and Tuesday, it left me with a 5 day weekend... which was glorious to say the least. It was just so nice to have a mini vacation in front of me. I think that might also be why my brain is feeling a bit more optimistic lately. It was quite nice to be able to escape the chaos of work and small kids who like to make me sick and pee their pants... yes, quite nice!

So that's my news for now, my sister is having a birthday party on Friday (her birthday is the 21st and we will both be 28 for a month), so I'm sure I'll have some pictures to share.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay, congrats on the decision. I hope this makes the next few months easier, knowing you have a job ahead of you. I also agree: the new title sounds great! :)

Kirby said...

Congrats on the promotion!!