I didn't forget about my blog, I was just rather uninspired lately! Christmas was nice and rather tame. I got some nice Egyptian cotton sheets for my bed from my parents, a warm mist humidifier (had been getting nosebleeds from the dry air in here!) from Bernadette, a cute outfit from my sister, and some cold hard cash from my parents. So it was nice. Usually I like gifts over cash, but there wasn't much I could think to ask for this year, and seeing as I have to pay tuition yet again in January, I can't be sad about getting money.
Okay, so what I'd like to do is a 2010 year in review post. Not only to have something to blog about, but also as a tool for me to do some reflecting on everything I've done this past year. I always seem to think that not much has happened in my life, and then when I go back and really think about all the events, I can't believe how much has occurred. This year hasn't been an exception.
I'm just going to go month by month...
January
*I was still dealing with relationship drama was the ex. The last stab to my heart was when he rubbed in my face how madly in love he was with his new girlfriend, when a month before he was still calling me. But it was the last straw on the camel's back, and I exploded. And quite honestly, I'm proud of myself for getting angry and letting him have it. I'm not a girl to be pushed around!
*After getting so heartbroken yet again, I decided to go into counseling, which was a very good decision on my part.
*I started my internship, which ended up being exhausting and boring and incredibly rewarding all at once. It was a very interesting experience!
*I had the time of my life on my birthday! All of my fantastic friends came out and made it a great experience for me! It is awesome to know how much you are loved by those around you. :) And my daddy personally sang me a stylized version of "Happy Birthday." I loved it, so sweet! :)
February
*The stress of my thesis was beginning to creep up on me! If only I knew then that stress wasn't going to go away anytime soon!
*Did not have a Valentine, didn't want one, didn't want to know that Valentine's day existed, wanted to stab ex in the eye.
*My gramma ended up in a coma and no one in the family thought it was necessary to tell my mother.
*Got into a huge fight with my aunt when she started saying nasty things about my mother. Again, I'm not a girl to be pushed around! I was soooo proud of myself for standing up to that tired old wench!
*Went to a John Mayer concert with my sister directly after getting into it with my aunt... I guess that was a nice distraction?
*Found myself totally bored with my internship.
March
*I started subbing for the teacher who eventually became the principal at the school I work at now... thus fating me to the Kindergarten job I can't get rid of!
*I was feeling pretty unenthusiastic about everything in my life at this time.
*More thesis stress... but my persistence got my professors on board, finally.
*Went on a mini-vacation to Grand Rapids with my friends. We had a great and goofy time!
*Crazy arsonist was on the loose in the city, and burned down a number of abandoned homes before it finally stopped. No one was ever caught.
April
*My sister sprang on me during Easter that she thought she and her husband were going to get a divorce. :(
*I took the CHES exam (Certified Health Education Specialist Exam). I still don't know if I passed seeing as they won't release the results until my degree is officially done... but I would be shocked if I didn't pass.
*I presented a poster at a big to do research conference, thus making me an actual researcher in my field.
*Got food poisoning from the conference that hit me just in time for the CHES exam.
*Finished up my first round of counseling. Felt like I was moving towards a better me.
May
*Walked in my commencement, even though the thesis still wasn't (isn't) done.
*Changed my hair up, finally! Got some highlights and bangs, and was very happy with the result.
*Did the May Weekend thing, and got comfortable with my new job at camp. I had a good feeling that it was going to be a great summer.
*My gramma kept getting moved from the hospital to the nursing home, back and forth, back and forth.
*I was completely and utterly devastated when I was told by the school district that I was going to do my thesis research with that they had changed their minds.
*My internship wrapped up, and I was happy to let it go! It was a great experience, but I was exhausted.
No comments:
Post a Comment