Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Duh Moment of November

So, I always have at least one really duh moment a month it seems... or many, haha. Well, it was about time for me to have another duh moment, and it came this evening. I didn't work today, and so I was just kind of taking the day as it came. I thought it would be good to thaw some meat for dinner, all while deciding I also wanted to brew a pot of tea. Sounds relatively normal, right?

Haha.

I get the tea brewing, and I stop up the sink to fill it with water. I turned on the water, and I started digging through the fridge. The water was filling pretty slowly, so I thought I'd go in my room and grab a sweatshirt quickly, because I was cold. Only, I went into my bedroom and saw my laptop open on my bed. And then I saw that I had an email. And then I read my email, and then I decided I wanted to listen to a song....

And then it occurred to me that I had a pot of tea brewing and it must be time to take it off the burner. Did it occur to me that I still had water running? Nope. So I walk into the kitchen, humming the song I just listened to. Did I notice the sound of the water running? Nope. What I did notice is that as soon as I put my foot in the kitchen I stepped into a puddle. "Hmm, what spilled on the floor?" I thought to myself... and then... GASP!!!!

Then the light bulb came on and I realized the water was running everywhere. I scrambled to turn the water off and then I had a big mess to clean up. Four large towels later I had mopped all the water off the floor. The paper towel that was sitting on the counter top was completely waterlogged... water was everywhere. After I cleaned all of it up, I pretended like nothing had happened. Bernadette was in her bedroom and completely clueless as to what was going on! She came out about a half hour later, and was like "Tammy, did you have an accident with the paper towel?"

In which I suppressed a smile and said "Oh, yeah... I just dropped it in the sink."

I have yet to confess that I nearly flooded our whole apartment, lol. And I have a load of towels to wash before I go to bed. Such is life...

3 comments:

Kirby said...

Oh no! That totally sounds like something that I would do! I love your coverup, haha!

Heather said...

Yikes! Glad you caught it before it got too bad.

Kim said...

LOL, I did the same thing when I was pregnant...more than once :o I'm all about multitasking, and sometimes I take it to dangerous levels. So I can relate! ;)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Duh Moment of November

So, I always have at least one really duh moment a month it seems... or many, haha. Well, it was about time for me to have another duh moment, and it came this evening. I didn't work today, and so I was just kind of taking the day as it came. I thought it would be good to thaw some meat for dinner, all while deciding I also wanted to brew a pot of tea. Sounds relatively normal, right?

Haha.

I get the tea brewing, and I stop up the sink to fill it with water. I turned on the water, and I started digging through the fridge. The water was filling pretty slowly, so I thought I'd go in my room and grab a sweatshirt quickly, because I was cold. Only, I went into my bedroom and saw my laptop open on my bed. And then I saw that I had an email. And then I read my email, and then I decided I wanted to listen to a song....

And then it occurred to me that I had a pot of tea brewing and it must be time to take it off the burner. Did it occur to me that I still had water running? Nope. So I walk into the kitchen, humming the song I just listened to. Did I notice the sound of the water running? Nope. What I did notice is that as soon as I put my foot in the kitchen I stepped into a puddle. "Hmm, what spilled on the floor?" I thought to myself... and then... GASP!!!!

Then the light bulb came on and I realized the water was running everywhere. I scrambled to turn the water off and then I had a big mess to clean up. Four large towels later I had mopped all the water off the floor. The paper towel that was sitting on the counter top was completely waterlogged... water was everywhere. After I cleaned all of it up, I pretended like nothing had happened. Bernadette was in her bedroom and completely clueless as to what was going on! She came out about a half hour later, and was like "Tammy, did you have an accident with the paper towel?"

In which I suppressed a smile and said "Oh, yeah... I just dropped it in the sink."

I have yet to confess that I nearly flooded our whole apartment, lol. And I have a load of towels to wash before I go to bed. Such is life...

3 comments:

Kirby said...

Oh no! That totally sounds like something that I would do! I love your coverup, haha!

Heather said...

Yikes! Glad you caught it before it got too bad.

Kim said...

LOL, I did the same thing when I was pregnant...more than once :o I'm all about multitasking, and sometimes I take it to dangerous levels. So I can relate! ;)