Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Morning Irritation

I should be in bed already... well I am in bed, but I should be asleep already! I've got to get up at a quarter to 6 for work tomorrow.

Which speaking of work, I have a great two day assignment, but it started out so crappy today! The computerized system, also known as Subfinder, clearly stated that the job was for "The Classical Academy, located at Central High School." Ok... great, except they closed Central two years ago. But I thought to myself, well, maybe they have a wing of the building open for this special program? Why would Subfinder specifically state Central if it wasn't at Central?

It wasn't at Central. Apparently they moved the program when they closed down the high school... and moved it to my old high school, Southwestern Academy. But did Subfinder say that? No. So here I find myself at Central, at 7am, and the school is completely deserted. I was so confused! I called the administration office that is in charge of the subs, and asked where the heck was I supposed to be?

The woman on the other end of the phone got really snippy with me. She said "Central??? Don't you know Central has been closed for like 2 or 3 years? Why did you go to Central?" I explained why I was at Central, and she said in reply, "Subfinder says Central? Well that's wrong. But you should have questioned that. You should have called to confirm that, because clearly that is wrong. Why didn't you call? You should have called about it."

Seriously? Was I seriously getting blamed for this? And if this is the case... that Subfinder has been giving the wrong direction for two years, I find it incredibly hard to believe that I am the only person who has made this mistake! I guess also I was supposed to make someone stay after hours at Admin to answer my call at 6 pm? I just felt like I was being blamed for not knowing any better, and also being treated like I was stupid, at that.

Sigh... I am so over working with the Flint schools.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've had people do this to me, too. Just last week, a woman at the perfume counter at Macy's started arguing with me because I didn't want to buy a certain perfume that I had tried before and found to be too strongly scented.
Her: "Well, how many squirts did you use?"
Me: "One"
Her: "It's not too strong! You must be applying it wrong."

Right. Cause it's that complicated.

Then I asked if they had an eau de toilette version, and she furrowed her brow and said, "We don't have that kind here. We have the BODY SPRAY!"

Hmm. . . probably pretty much the same thing. They both even sound like double entendres.

But I digress. Needless to say, I walked away pretty shortly after that with no perfume. . . or BODY SPRAY. :P

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Morning Irritation

I should be in bed already... well I am in bed, but I should be asleep already! I've got to get up at a quarter to 6 for work tomorrow.

Which speaking of work, I have a great two day assignment, but it started out so crappy today! The computerized system, also known as Subfinder, clearly stated that the job was for "The Classical Academy, located at Central High School." Ok... great, except they closed Central two years ago. But I thought to myself, well, maybe they have a wing of the building open for this special program? Why would Subfinder specifically state Central if it wasn't at Central?

It wasn't at Central. Apparently they moved the program when they closed down the high school... and moved it to my old high school, Southwestern Academy. But did Subfinder say that? No. So here I find myself at Central, at 7am, and the school is completely deserted. I was so confused! I called the administration office that is in charge of the subs, and asked where the heck was I supposed to be?

The woman on the other end of the phone got really snippy with me. She said "Central??? Don't you know Central has been closed for like 2 or 3 years? Why did you go to Central?" I explained why I was at Central, and she said in reply, "Subfinder says Central? Well that's wrong. But you should have questioned that. You should have called to confirm that, because clearly that is wrong. Why didn't you call? You should have called about it."

Seriously? Was I seriously getting blamed for this? And if this is the case... that Subfinder has been giving the wrong direction for two years, I find it incredibly hard to believe that I am the only person who has made this mistake! I guess also I was supposed to make someone stay after hours at Admin to answer my call at 6 pm? I just felt like I was being blamed for not knowing any better, and also being treated like I was stupid, at that.

Sigh... I am so over working with the Flint schools.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've had people do this to me, too. Just last week, a woman at the perfume counter at Macy's started arguing with me because I didn't want to buy a certain perfume that I had tried before and found to be too strongly scented.
Her: "Well, how many squirts did you use?"
Me: "One"
Her: "It's not too strong! You must be applying it wrong."

Right. Cause it's that complicated.

Then I asked if they had an eau de toilette version, and she furrowed her brow and said, "We don't have that kind here. We have the BODY SPRAY!"

Hmm. . . probably pretty much the same thing. They both even sound like double entendres.

But I digress. Needless to say, I walked away pretty shortly after that with no perfume. . . or BODY SPRAY. :P