Do you guys ever feel like your life is a bit like Groundhog's Day? Like, everyday seems to feel the same after a while? I feel that way lately. I'm not exactly sure why, I mean, I know I'm moving forward. But it's kind of like traveling in a car going 10 miles an hour. Yes, I'm going forward, but I almost feel like if I just got out of the car my legs could carry me faster. I don't know, it's just an interesting feeling lately.
Tonight is a soup and sandwich kind of night. I don't really feel like putting in great effort to cook, but I also want something warm and gooey. If I had extra money, I'd go to Panera, but that's not the case right now, so I'll instead eat out of my own pantry. It is kind of funny that I feel like something hot for dinner because today was unseasonably warm! 65 degrees and beautiful. Ah, if only every autumn day could be 65 degrees, I'd be in heaven.
I subbed a half day for a 3rd/4th grade class today. The teacher was one that I had worked with last year when we both taught kindergarten at the same school. She was recently moved to a new school and she isn't too happy about it. I understand why she's upset, because she's made friends and has become very comfortable teaching kindergarten. But, the school that she has moved to is in a fantastic area and the kids behavior is night and day difference. So in that way, I would think that she would be happy... but who am I to judge another person's measure of happiness? I was quite glad to have an easygoing day of it. Tomorrow I'm subbing a whole day of 3rd grade, and well... we'll see how that goes! I'm probably going to regret it, but well, my bank account could use the cushion.
And then that brings me to my feeling of Groundhog's Day. Tomorrow is Thursday, and I'm already having problems remembering just what I did yesterday. I honestly can't quite remember what school I was at! Goodness. Oh wait, I remember, after picking my brain for a minute. I'm looking forward to the weekend because I am aching to catch up on sleep, and I plan to visit my friend Jenn in Ann Arbor. Oh yes, and hopefully I will be finishing the rough draft of my thesis. WOOT! I am so excited to finally get this thing done and over with. I can see the finish line looming. :)
I'm going to go get started on the soup... I just plan to watch an episode of Survivor and Modern Family before calling it a night.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Quiet Wednesday
Do you guys ever feel like your life is a bit like Groundhog's Day? Like, everyday seems to feel the same after a while? I feel that way lately. I'm not exactly sure why, I mean, I know I'm moving forward. But it's kind of like traveling in a car going 10 miles an hour. Yes, I'm going forward, but I almost feel like if I just got out of the car my legs could carry me faster. I don't know, it's just an interesting feeling lately.
Tonight is a soup and sandwich kind of night. I don't really feel like putting in great effort to cook, but I also want something warm and gooey. If I had extra money, I'd go to Panera, but that's not the case right now, so I'll instead eat out of my own pantry. It is kind of funny that I feel like something hot for dinner because today was unseasonably warm! 65 degrees and beautiful. Ah, if only every autumn day could be 65 degrees, I'd be in heaven.
I subbed a half day for a 3rd/4th grade class today. The teacher was one that I had worked with last year when we both taught kindergarten at the same school. She was recently moved to a new school and she isn't too happy about it. I understand why she's upset, because she's made friends and has become very comfortable teaching kindergarten. But, the school that she has moved to is in a fantastic area and the kids behavior is night and day difference. So in that way, I would think that she would be happy... but who am I to judge another person's measure of happiness? I was quite glad to have an easygoing day of it. Tomorrow I'm subbing a whole day of 3rd grade, and well... we'll see how that goes! I'm probably going to regret it, but well, my bank account could use the cushion.
And then that brings me to my feeling of Groundhog's Day. Tomorrow is Thursday, and I'm already having problems remembering just what I did yesterday. I honestly can't quite remember what school I was at! Goodness. Oh wait, I remember, after picking my brain for a minute. I'm looking forward to the weekend because I am aching to catch up on sleep, and I plan to visit my friend Jenn in Ann Arbor. Oh yes, and hopefully I will be finishing the rough draft of my thesis. WOOT! I am so excited to finally get this thing done and over with. I can see the finish line looming. :)
I'm going to go get started on the soup... I just plan to watch an episode of Survivor and Modern Family before calling it a night.
Tonight is a soup and sandwich kind of night. I don't really feel like putting in great effort to cook, but I also want something warm and gooey. If I had extra money, I'd go to Panera, but that's not the case right now, so I'll instead eat out of my own pantry. It is kind of funny that I feel like something hot for dinner because today was unseasonably warm! 65 degrees and beautiful. Ah, if only every autumn day could be 65 degrees, I'd be in heaven.
I subbed a half day for a 3rd/4th grade class today. The teacher was one that I had worked with last year when we both taught kindergarten at the same school. She was recently moved to a new school and she isn't too happy about it. I understand why she's upset, because she's made friends and has become very comfortable teaching kindergarten. But, the school that she has moved to is in a fantastic area and the kids behavior is night and day difference. So in that way, I would think that she would be happy... but who am I to judge another person's measure of happiness? I was quite glad to have an easygoing day of it. Tomorrow I'm subbing a whole day of 3rd grade, and well... we'll see how that goes! I'm probably going to regret it, but well, my bank account could use the cushion.
And then that brings me to my feeling of Groundhog's Day. Tomorrow is Thursday, and I'm already having problems remembering just what I did yesterday. I honestly can't quite remember what school I was at! Goodness. Oh wait, I remember, after picking my brain for a minute. I'm looking forward to the weekend because I am aching to catch up on sleep, and I plan to visit my friend Jenn in Ann Arbor. Oh yes, and hopefully I will be finishing the rough draft of my thesis. WOOT! I am so excited to finally get this thing done and over with. I can see the finish line looming. :)
I'm going to go get started on the soup... I just plan to watch an episode of Survivor and Modern Family before calling it a night.
2 comments:
- Heather said...
-
I guess change is tough sometimes, that may be why that teacher is having trouble adjusting.
Just two more days until the weekend. Whohoo! Hours of uninterrupted sleep. . . divine. -
8:56 PM EDT
- Kirby said...
-
My life is feeling like Groundhog Day these days too!
-
12:03 AM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I guess change is tough sometimes, that may be why that teacher is having trouble adjusting.
Just two more days until the weekend. Whohoo! Hours of uninterrupted sleep. . . divine.
My life is feeling like Groundhog Day these days too!
Post a Comment