Thursday, November 10, 2011
What I Didn't Finish Today...
Sorry... that was just me being irritated after I knew for sure I was done yesterday and then went and started messing with things today. Eh.
I feel like the story of today is stuff I meant to do and somehow didn't manage. I meant to finish all these charts and submit my thesis once and for... and it didn't happen. I meant to clean the bathroom and all I did was scrub the toilet. I meant to get out my camera and take some fun shots, and I never managed to charge my battery. I meant to work today, but didn't get a single call... which means I'll be short on my rent. Thank God I get paid again on December 2nd and they won't cash my check immediately... eh. I meant to apply for a seasonal job, and didn't do that. I meant to call an old friend I haven't talked to in ages... and yeah.
I have had this thesis on my brain non-stop. Thankfully I have a job for tomorrow, but I wish money wasn't a factor because all I want to do is stay home tomorrow and work on these damn charts! I'm literally on page 10 of just charts... and am only about halfway through. My thesis has become a beast. I thought it would be a solid 30 pages, and now with these charts it will be pushing 50 pages, if not more. I guess they can't say I haven't worked hard! For so long my thesis has been the biggest stress in my life, and now, in a matter of hours, I can finish it once and for all. It is a completely surreal feeling... it definitely hasn't sunk in yet. I feel like I should go out and celebrate this weekend when it is finally submitted, but I don't want to spend anymore money than possible. I wish it were possible to go out for the night and do it for free. Sigh, this is why I need a boyfriend. Simply to make him feel obligated to take me out here and there, haha.
Anyhow, clearly this blog has just been a flow of consciousness. I have what will probably turn out to be a horrible job for tomorrow, so... fun, right? Did I mention I need a new job? Oh man, what I wouldn't do for a new job, any new job....
Thursday, November 10, 2011
What I Didn't Finish Today...
Sorry... that was just me being irritated after I knew for sure I was done yesterday and then went and started messing with things today. Eh.
I feel like the story of today is stuff I meant to do and somehow didn't manage. I meant to finish all these charts and submit my thesis once and for... and it didn't happen. I meant to clean the bathroom and all I did was scrub the toilet. I meant to get out my camera and take some fun shots, and I never managed to charge my battery. I meant to work today, but didn't get a single call... which means I'll be short on my rent. Thank God I get paid again on December 2nd and they won't cash my check immediately... eh. I meant to apply for a seasonal job, and didn't do that. I meant to call an old friend I haven't talked to in ages... and yeah.
I have had this thesis on my brain non-stop. Thankfully I have a job for tomorrow, but I wish money wasn't a factor because all I want to do is stay home tomorrow and work on these damn charts! I'm literally on page 10 of just charts... and am only about halfway through. My thesis has become a beast. I thought it would be a solid 30 pages, and now with these charts it will be pushing 50 pages, if not more. I guess they can't say I haven't worked hard! For so long my thesis has been the biggest stress in my life, and now, in a matter of hours, I can finish it once and for all. It is a completely surreal feeling... it definitely hasn't sunk in yet. I feel like I should go out and celebrate this weekend when it is finally submitted, but I don't want to spend anymore money than possible. I wish it were possible to go out for the night and do it for free. Sigh, this is why I need a boyfriend. Simply to make him feel obligated to take me out here and there, haha.
Anyhow, clearly this blog has just been a flow of consciousness. I have what will probably turn out to be a horrible job for tomorrow, so... fun, right? Did I mention I need a new job? Oh man, what I wouldn't do for a new job, any new job....
3 comments:
- Heather said...
-
Can you just hit the print screen button on they keyboard, and then double-click and use the cropping tool to trim down the edges?
-
1:43 PM EST
- Heather said...
-
Sorry, in case you've never used "print screen" and need to know how to do this: you would hit the print screen key while you have the charts on your desktop (the key usually says prt scr or some other abbreviation of print screen). Then go to the word document and hit "paste." It will paste that picture of the desktop. Then you can double click on the picture and you'll see these short bars appear on the sides of the picture, and you can drag those in to trim the picture so it looks nice.
And my apologies if you've done print screen a hundred times and didn't need an explanation, or for whatever reason, print screen doesn't get you what you need for the document. :) -
1:48 PM EST
- Tamara said...
-
I thought I replied to this! Yes, I do know how to use a print screen, and no I'm not offended that you offered it as a suggestion or explained how to do it. :) I thought that through but the text came out too small to make sense of. Ah well, I have like 75% of my charts done now, so yea!
-
2:13 PM EST
3 comments:
Can you just hit the print screen button on they keyboard, and then double-click and use the cropping tool to trim down the edges?
Sorry, in case you've never used "print screen" and need to know how to do this: you would hit the print screen key while you have the charts on your desktop (the key usually says prt scr or some other abbreviation of print screen). Then go to the word document and hit "paste." It will paste that picture of the desktop. Then you can double click on the picture and you'll see these short bars appear on the sides of the picture, and you can drag those in to trim the picture so it looks nice.
And my apologies if you've done print screen a hundred times and didn't need an explanation, or for whatever reason, print screen doesn't get you what you need for the document. :)
I thought I replied to this! Yes, I do know how to use a print screen, and no I'm not offended that you offered it as a suggestion or explained how to do it. :) I thought that through but the text came out too small to make sense of. Ah well, I have like 75% of my charts done now, so yea!
Post a Comment