Sunday, March 11, 2012

Marching Along

Yawn. I hate daylights savings time... It is such a pain trying to get used to getting up an hour earlier. I am sooo not a morning person! If I could sleep in til 10am everyday, I would!

I didn't really keep up with my blog in February as I had hoped to. Well, life gets busy, so not going to feel too bad about that! I didn't really lose any weight in February, but that wasn't exactly the point, either. The point was to really examine some of my poor health choices and make some changes. I definitely think I am making some better choices! I have been more careful about the foods I am buying at the grocery store. For instance, today, I went shopping and bought pears, grapes, applesauce, Fiber One granola bars, spinach, broccoli, and green and red peppers, among other healthy choices. Applesauce is high in sugar, I know, but I figure it is a better snack than potato chips. Yes, haha, I bought some potato chips, too. Can't completely get deprive myself! Gotta eat what I like, just in moderation.

Speaking of eating habits, my best friend Bernadette has decided to finally have a breast reduction! You might wonder what that has to do with eating habits, but I'm getting there! :) She is oh... I believe a G cup, and is four foot eleven. I don't know if I ever spoke more about that then skimming over it, but yes, my BFF has been super busty ever since about the time when we were 12. I'm a D cup, and I feel like I've got more than enough to support, but Bernadette has actually made comments that she finds me to be a bit "small chested" and can't believe that I'm anything larger than a B cup. We've also went shopping together and she will grab a size small and try to get me to try it on... and she always seems very confused when I tell her my boobs can't fit in that top!

So anyhow, onto the eating habits, Bernadette is having her surgery in May, and has decided that she wants to lose weight before the surgery. She said she is at her highest weight right now. I totally support her trying to be healthier... but she is a girl who always wants to go to crazy extremes to do it. As of today she is on this crazy diet (she thinks it is totally okay because the doctor who wrote the book was once featured on Celebrity Fit Club). She is on a 9 day detox... which basically includes no protein. No protein for 9 days? Not only would I be going insane, but I'd be starved out of my mind. I've tried to convince her that it isn't healthy to take a key nutrient out of your diet for such a long time... but she isn't hearing any of it. I wish her luck... but damn, I just don't understand why people still do these wacked out diets! Have they ever worked for anyone? Sure you drop 10 or more pounds quickly, but as soon as you start eating normally again, you just put all the weight back on.

Anyhow, speaking of actually trying to drop a few pounds in a healthy way... it is a beautiful day here! Sunny, 66 degrees... gorgeous! I think I'm going to get off my toosh and go take a nice walk for today's bit of exercise.

No comments:

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Marching Along

Yawn. I hate daylights savings time... It is such a pain trying to get used to getting up an hour earlier. I am sooo not a morning person! If I could sleep in til 10am everyday, I would!

I didn't really keep up with my blog in February as I had hoped to. Well, life gets busy, so not going to feel too bad about that! I didn't really lose any weight in February, but that wasn't exactly the point, either. The point was to really examine some of my poor health choices and make some changes. I definitely think I am making some better choices! I have been more careful about the foods I am buying at the grocery store. For instance, today, I went shopping and bought pears, grapes, applesauce, Fiber One granola bars, spinach, broccoli, and green and red peppers, among other healthy choices. Applesauce is high in sugar, I know, but I figure it is a better snack than potato chips. Yes, haha, I bought some potato chips, too. Can't completely get deprive myself! Gotta eat what I like, just in moderation.

Speaking of eating habits, my best friend Bernadette has decided to finally have a breast reduction! You might wonder what that has to do with eating habits, but I'm getting there! :) She is oh... I believe a G cup, and is four foot eleven. I don't know if I ever spoke more about that then skimming over it, but yes, my BFF has been super busty ever since about the time when we were 12. I'm a D cup, and I feel like I've got more than enough to support, but Bernadette has actually made comments that she finds me to be a bit "small chested" and can't believe that I'm anything larger than a B cup. We've also went shopping together and she will grab a size small and try to get me to try it on... and she always seems very confused when I tell her my boobs can't fit in that top!

So anyhow, onto the eating habits, Bernadette is having her surgery in May, and has decided that she wants to lose weight before the surgery. She said she is at her highest weight right now. I totally support her trying to be healthier... but she is a girl who always wants to go to crazy extremes to do it. As of today she is on this crazy diet (she thinks it is totally okay because the doctor who wrote the book was once featured on Celebrity Fit Club). She is on a 9 day detox... which basically includes no protein. No protein for 9 days? Not only would I be going insane, but I'd be starved out of my mind. I've tried to convince her that it isn't healthy to take a key nutrient out of your diet for such a long time... but she isn't hearing any of it. I wish her luck... but damn, I just don't understand why people still do these wacked out diets! Have they ever worked for anyone? Sure you drop 10 or more pounds quickly, but as soon as you start eating normally again, you just put all the weight back on.

Anyhow, speaking of actually trying to drop a few pounds in a healthy way... it is a beautiful day here! Sunny, 66 degrees... gorgeous! I think I'm going to get off my toosh and go take a nice walk for today's bit of exercise.

No comments: