Well so much for blogging everyday! But I've been busy! I finished up my long term job with my 1st graders... I've been busy with work, got a cold, got rid of cold, immediately followed up with another (same?) cold... and my friend Jenn got her double lung transplant over the weekend!!!! It is a miracle and a blessing, and obviously she's got a long road ahead (constantly fighting off the chance of rejection), she's doing great so far! I am so amazed at her strength and how resilient she is... I can't believe going through everything that she has battled. Miracle upon miracle she is breathing on her own without the aide of supplemental oxygen... something she hasn't been able to do for over a year.
Anyhow... all that aside, I really have to keep working on being healthy. I know that I get sick often because I work with the little ones, but man. Between now and January, I have had 3 colds and strep throat! Enough is enough! I was lucky enough to go from September until January without getting sick... so this blows. I need to start taking multivitamins again and working on getting more exercise. It was my goal to start working out again this week, but with being fatigued from my never ending minor illnesses, I'm pretty sure that won't really happen til next week.
On a side note, my BMI is at 25.0 today. That's great... except I'm pretty sure the four pounds I've lost is due to being sick and burning more calories, versus anything I've really been doing. I'll say this, I have purposely upped my fruit intake, but now I have to do the hard part... add more veggies. And yes, I know, the BMI measure isn't an exact science, I think it is a good measure for me. I'm not overly muscular, so I feel like this is an appropriate measure for me as to whether or not I'm overweight. Now if I was a body builder or some other form of athlete, I'd take it was a grain of salt... but seeing as my abs definitely fall on the flab end of the spectrum, I'll take it to a pretty accurate measure.
So anyhow, my goal this week is to really focus on getting better sleep at night. I think I've gotten sick often because of the fact that I was really pushing myself a little too hard lately. Working two jobs, even if one is very part time, is tiring! And then I get home late, and it is hard for me to unwind, and add in the fact that I'm a natural night owl, and yeah. I end up not sleeping until midnight or later in some cases, when I then have to get up at like 6:30am. I'm definitely the type of person who thrives on 7 to 8 hours of sleep, so I know that I'm making some unhealthy choices by pushing my body like that. So, needless to say, I think I'll help improve my health if I make it a point to get better sleep at night.
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Healthy Me, End of Week 1
Well so much for blogging everyday! But I've been busy! I finished up my long term job with my 1st graders... I've been busy with work, got a cold, got rid of cold, immediately followed up with another (same?) cold... and my friend Jenn got her double lung transplant over the weekend!!!! It is a miracle and a blessing, and obviously she's got a long road ahead (constantly fighting off the chance of rejection), she's doing great so far! I am so amazed at her strength and how resilient she is... I can't believe going through everything that she has battled. Miracle upon miracle she is breathing on her own without the aide of supplemental oxygen... something she hasn't been able to do for over a year.
Anyhow... all that aside, I really have to keep working on being healthy. I know that I get sick often because I work with the little ones, but man. Between now and January, I have had 3 colds and strep throat! Enough is enough! I was lucky enough to go from September until January without getting sick... so this blows. I need to start taking multivitamins again and working on getting more exercise. It was my goal to start working out again this week, but with being fatigued from my never ending minor illnesses, I'm pretty sure that won't really happen til next week.
On a side note, my BMI is at 25.0 today. That's great... except I'm pretty sure the four pounds I've lost is due to being sick and burning more calories, versus anything I've really been doing. I'll say this, I have purposely upped my fruit intake, but now I have to do the hard part... add more veggies. And yes, I know, the BMI measure isn't an exact science, I think it is a good measure for me. I'm not overly muscular, so I feel like this is an appropriate measure for me as to whether or not I'm overweight. Now if I was a body builder or some other form of athlete, I'd take it was a grain of salt... but seeing as my abs definitely fall on the flab end of the spectrum, I'll take it to a pretty accurate measure.
So anyhow, my goal this week is to really focus on getting better sleep at night. I think I've gotten sick often because of the fact that I was really pushing myself a little too hard lately. Working two jobs, even if one is very part time, is tiring! And then I get home late, and it is hard for me to unwind, and add in the fact that I'm a natural night owl, and yeah. I end up not sleeping until midnight or later in some cases, when I then have to get up at like 6:30am. I'm definitely the type of person who thrives on 7 to 8 hours of sleep, so I know that I'm making some unhealthy choices by pushing my body like that. So, needless to say, I think I'll help improve my health if I make it a point to get better sleep at night.
Anyhow... all that aside, I really have to keep working on being healthy. I know that I get sick often because I work with the little ones, but man. Between now and January, I have had 3 colds and strep throat! Enough is enough! I was lucky enough to go from September until January without getting sick... so this blows. I need to start taking multivitamins again and working on getting more exercise. It was my goal to start working out again this week, but with being fatigued from my never ending minor illnesses, I'm pretty sure that won't really happen til next week.
On a side note, my BMI is at 25.0 today. That's great... except I'm pretty sure the four pounds I've lost is due to being sick and burning more calories, versus anything I've really been doing. I'll say this, I have purposely upped my fruit intake, but now I have to do the hard part... add more veggies. And yes, I know, the BMI measure isn't an exact science, I think it is a good measure for me. I'm not overly muscular, so I feel like this is an appropriate measure for me as to whether or not I'm overweight. Now if I was a body builder or some other form of athlete, I'd take it was a grain of salt... but seeing as my abs definitely fall on the flab end of the spectrum, I'll take it to a pretty accurate measure.
So anyhow, my goal this week is to really focus on getting better sleep at night. I think I've gotten sick often because of the fact that I was really pushing myself a little too hard lately. Working two jobs, even if one is very part time, is tiring! And then I get home late, and it is hard for me to unwind, and add in the fact that I'm a natural night owl, and yeah. I end up not sleeping until midnight or later in some cases, when I then have to get up at like 6:30am. I'm definitely the type of person who thrives on 7 to 8 hours of sleep, so I know that I'm making some unhealthy choices by pushing my body like that. So, needless to say, I think I'll help improve my health if I make it a point to get better sleep at night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment