I've been so neglectful of my blog and keeping up with blogs! Life has gotten so busy lately! My new job is great but the hour commute each way is killer. I've got more to share about life in general, but I've got to keep things short as I'm blogging on my break (with my phone).
Anyhow, a quick and funny story for you. I had come home and mentioned to my roomie and BFF Bernadette that the Pope had resigned. This is the conversation that followed.
"Yeah my coworker is catholic, so she was kind of upset about that." - Bernadette
"We'll personally I like John Paul over this one, but it's not really my opinion that counts seeing as I'm not catholic." - Me
"What's the big deal anyhow? He's just like the area pope. It's not like he's the POPE pope." -B
"Wait, say that again?"- Me
"Isn't there like an area pope, then like the Michigan pope, then like..." -B
"Nooooo, there are priests and Cardinals and people in the middle I'm sure I don't know of, but there is only one Pope." -Me (laughing)
"We'll shit, I don't know these things. And then who is the guy they pray to, who is all like, yup, you get to go to Heaven.?." -B
"Jesus?" -Me
"No not him, the guy with like the stone. Or I mean his name is stone."
"Oh you mean Peter?" -Me (hardly containing my laughter.)
"Yeah, where the f@$& did I get stone from?" -B
"Um, well, Jesus renamed Peter. Well his new name was Peter. Peter means stone. It was for strength, you know, a name with meaning behind it." -Me
"Oh. Black people don't bother with meaningful names." -B
"What? Why are you stereotyping us?"-Me
(Ignoring me) "And what is catechism?" -B
"Um I think like Sunday School? You should probably ask a catholic, or Google it." -Me
"So do they have like a Bible 101 class somewhere?" -B
"Yes, church. Sunday School." -Me
"Oh. Boring." - B
The conversations we have never cease to amaze me. I'm going to miss this girl when I move!
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
The Pope
I've been so neglectful of my blog and keeping up with blogs! Life has gotten so busy lately! My new job is great but the hour commute each way is killer. I've got more to share about life in general, but I've got to keep things short as I'm blogging on my break (with my phone).
Anyhow, a quick and funny story for you. I had come home and mentioned to my roomie and BFF Bernadette that the Pope had resigned. This is the conversation that followed.
"Yeah my coworker is catholic, so she was kind of upset about that." - Bernadette
"We'll personally I like John Paul over this one, but it's not really my opinion that counts seeing as I'm not catholic." - Me
"What's the big deal anyhow? He's just like the area pope. It's not like he's the POPE pope." -B
"Wait, say that again?"- Me
"Isn't there like an area pope, then like the Michigan pope, then like..." -B
"Nooooo, there are priests and Cardinals and people in the middle I'm sure I don't know of, but there is only one Pope." -Me (laughing)
"We'll shit, I don't know these things. And then who is the guy they pray to, who is all like, yup, you get to go to Heaven.?." -B
"Jesus?" -Me
"No not him, the guy with like the stone. Or I mean his name is stone."
"Oh you mean Peter?" -Me (hardly containing my laughter.)
"Yeah, where the f@$& did I get stone from?" -B
"Um, well, Jesus renamed Peter. Well his new name was Peter. Peter means stone. It was for strength, you know, a name with meaning behind it." -Me
"Oh. Black people don't bother with meaningful names." -B
"What? Why are you stereotyping us?"-Me
(Ignoring me) "And what is catechism?" -B
"Um I think like Sunday School? You should probably ask a catholic, or Google it." -Me
"So do they have like a Bible 101 class somewhere?" -B
"Yes, church. Sunday School." -Me
"Oh. Boring." - B
The conversations we have never cease to amaze me. I'm going to miss this girl when I move!
Anyhow, a quick and funny story for you. I had come home and mentioned to my roomie and BFF Bernadette that the Pope had resigned. This is the conversation that followed.
"Yeah my coworker is catholic, so she was kind of upset about that." - Bernadette
"We'll personally I like John Paul over this one, but it's not really my opinion that counts seeing as I'm not catholic." - Me
"What's the big deal anyhow? He's just like the area pope. It's not like he's the POPE pope." -B
"Wait, say that again?"- Me
"Isn't there like an area pope, then like the Michigan pope, then like..." -B
"Nooooo, there are priests and Cardinals and people in the middle I'm sure I don't know of, but there is only one Pope." -Me (laughing)
"We'll shit, I don't know these things. And then who is the guy they pray to, who is all like, yup, you get to go to Heaven.?." -B
"Jesus?" -Me
"No not him, the guy with like the stone. Or I mean his name is stone."
"Oh you mean Peter?" -Me (hardly containing my laughter.)
"Yeah, where the f@$& did I get stone from?" -B
"Um, well, Jesus renamed Peter. Well his new name was Peter. Peter means stone. It was for strength, you know, a name with meaning behind it." -Me
"Oh. Black people don't bother with meaningful names." -B
"What? Why are you stereotyping us?"-Me
(Ignoring me) "And what is catechism?" -B
"Um I think like Sunday School? You should probably ask a catholic, or Google it." -Me
"So do they have like a Bible 101 class somewhere?" -B
"Yes, church. Sunday School." -Me
"Oh. Boring." - B
The conversations we have never cease to amaze me. I'm going to miss this girl when I move!
4 comments:
- Robin said...
-
Hilarious!
I went to Catechism from 1st to 8th grade. It was torture! :P -
4:49 PM EST
- Robin said...
-
P.S. Are you moving? Or do you mean when it's time for you to move eventually?
Yes, I'm nosy! -
4:51 PM EST
- Tamara said...
-
Yeah I'm moving to the Lansing area in May. The hour commute is not only costing me time, but about $400 a month in gas! I really feel like I need to move for my own sanity, although I'll really miss home!
-
10:19 AM EST
- Robin said...
-
Girl, I feel for you regarding the commute. Mine is about the same, an hour. I hate it! Cannot wait until we move in April.
-
10:39 AM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hilarious!
I went to Catechism from 1st to 8th grade. It was torture! :P
P.S. Are you moving? Or do you mean when it's time for you to move eventually?
Yes, I'm nosy!
Yeah I'm moving to the Lansing area in May. The hour commute is not only costing me time, but about $400 a month in gas! I really feel like I need to move for my own sanity, although I'll really miss home!
Girl, I feel for you regarding the commute. Mine is about the same, an hour. I hate it! Cannot wait until we move in April.
Post a Comment