So I feel like I'm in the line of fire lately. Why? Because it seems like every way I go I'm on trial in one way or the other. Today I had an interview with Jenn, and, well, I'm not sure how it went. I mean I feel like it went good, but I wouldn't say it was like incredibly fantastic. I wouldn't say it was bad either. I would just say that it felt like I had made a case for myself, but I wasn't by any means a shoe in either. Ah, what can one do? I will say this though, before I was totally freaked out by the job, but Jenn made me feel like it was actually manageable, and do-able. She didn't lie and say it wouldn't be hard work, to the contrary she said that especially during orientation it is alot of work.
On a side note, I'm watching the Grammy's. Am I a total sap because I was happy that Mariah Carey and Kelly Clarkson took home awards? Ah I love them, Mariah the total diva and Kelly the nice girl who is just "so happy to be here."
Okay so I admit that I didn't study for the MCAT today. Tisk tisk. But in my defense, I have gotten about four hours in every day for the past week, without taking a day off, plus I totally hit a mental block and I think it was just best that I gave my brain a break. Plus with feeling sick this morning and then having an interview with Jenn, my entire morning and early to mid afternoon were taken up. So by the time I actually had time to sit down and study, it was already four o'clock. Well, I've got a complete study schedule set for tomorrow.
I have a sub job tomorrow, for 7th grade at my old middle school. I am putting myself in the line of fire, I think, because I went to that school and I know how bad the kids can be. But I feel like I really have to find the right area for me to sub in. Early elementary is not bad (it's not my favorite but it's do-able), and late elementary is horrible. So middle school didn't go to bad for me the first time I did it, so I'm giving it another whirl. Plus, it's only a half day assignment, I don't have to be there until 10:30 and I get to leave at 2:20. So all in all, if it is hell, it will only be four hours of hell, versus seven or eight. I want to know which age group I prefer doing so that when I apply at Carmen-Ainsworth I can tell them directly what groups I am and am not willing to work for. Is all the hype true? Are the kids in the suburbs really better behaved, or are they just as bad as the city kids? I guess only time will tell.
Wednesday, February 8, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, February 8, 2006
Line o' Fire
So I feel like I'm in the line of fire lately. Why? Because it seems like every way I go I'm on trial in one way or the other. Today I had an interview with Jenn, and, well, I'm not sure how it went. I mean I feel like it went good, but I wouldn't say it was like incredibly fantastic. I wouldn't say it was bad either. I would just say that it felt like I had made a case for myself, but I wasn't by any means a shoe in either. Ah, what can one do? I will say this though, before I was totally freaked out by the job, but Jenn made me feel like it was actually manageable, and do-able. She didn't lie and say it wouldn't be hard work, to the contrary she said that especially during orientation it is alot of work.
On a side note, I'm watching the Grammy's. Am I a total sap because I was happy that Mariah Carey and Kelly Clarkson took home awards? Ah I love them, Mariah the total diva and Kelly the nice girl who is just "so happy to be here."
Okay so I admit that I didn't study for the MCAT today. Tisk tisk. But in my defense, I have gotten about four hours in every day for the past week, without taking a day off, plus I totally hit a mental block and I think it was just best that I gave my brain a break. Plus with feeling sick this morning and then having an interview with Jenn, my entire morning and early to mid afternoon were taken up. So by the time I actually had time to sit down and study, it was already four o'clock. Well, I've got a complete study schedule set for tomorrow.
I have a sub job tomorrow, for 7th grade at my old middle school. I am putting myself in the line of fire, I think, because I went to that school and I know how bad the kids can be. But I feel like I really have to find the right area for me to sub in. Early elementary is not bad (it's not my favorite but it's do-able), and late elementary is horrible. So middle school didn't go to bad for me the first time I did it, so I'm giving it another whirl. Plus, it's only a half day assignment, I don't have to be there until 10:30 and I get to leave at 2:20. So all in all, if it is hell, it will only be four hours of hell, versus seven or eight. I want to know which age group I prefer doing so that when I apply at Carmen-Ainsworth I can tell them directly what groups I am and am not willing to work for. Is all the hype true? Are the kids in the suburbs really better behaved, or are they just as bad as the city kids? I guess only time will tell.
On a side note, I'm watching the Grammy's. Am I a total sap because I was happy that Mariah Carey and Kelly Clarkson took home awards? Ah I love them, Mariah the total diva and Kelly the nice girl who is just "so happy to be here."
Okay so I admit that I didn't study for the MCAT today. Tisk tisk. But in my defense, I have gotten about four hours in every day for the past week, without taking a day off, plus I totally hit a mental block and I think it was just best that I gave my brain a break. Plus with feeling sick this morning and then having an interview with Jenn, my entire morning and early to mid afternoon were taken up. So by the time I actually had time to sit down and study, it was already four o'clock. Well, I've got a complete study schedule set for tomorrow.
I have a sub job tomorrow, for 7th grade at my old middle school. I am putting myself in the line of fire, I think, because I went to that school and I know how bad the kids can be. But I feel like I really have to find the right area for me to sub in. Early elementary is not bad (it's not my favorite but it's do-able), and late elementary is horrible. So middle school didn't go to bad for me the first time I did it, so I'm giving it another whirl. Plus, it's only a half day assignment, I don't have to be there until 10:30 and I get to leave at 2:20. So all in all, if it is hell, it will only be four hours of hell, versus seven or eight. I want to know which age group I prefer doing so that when I apply at Carmen-Ainsworth I can tell them directly what groups I am and am not willing to work for. Is all the hype true? Are the kids in the suburbs really better behaved, or are they just as bad as the city kids? I guess only time will tell.
3 comments:
- Deanna said...
-
Hey do forget to send the person who interview you a note.
I had a delightful day because I had an A&P class and senior honors gentics classes. :-P They are the students that really are over-achievors or know what it takes to work their butts off to stay in a class. -
2:42 PM EST
- Robin said...
- This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
-
7:52 PM EST
- Robin said...
-
Take 2!
In regards to posting your avatar on the side, go to the main page where you dress your avatar. To the far right is a link called: "export" if you click on that, it will give you the HTML code to put in. If you need any help, let me know! :D -
7:54 PM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey do forget to send the person who interview you a note.
I had a delightful day because I had an A&P class and senior honors gentics classes. :-P They are the students that really are over-achievors or know what it takes to work their butts off to stay in a class.
Take 2!
In regards to posting your avatar on the side, go to the main page where you dress your avatar. To the far right is a link called: "export" if you click on that, it will give you the HTML code to put in. If you need any help, let me know! :D
Post a Comment