Friday, October 27, 2006

Summer at Blue Lake Part Four: Part Two: Session Break Again, Going into Session 3

Note! This is the second part of a new post. Please read the post directly below this one before going on to this one or else this won't all make sense!

Yes, I know, craziness, two updates to my blog in one day! Three in one week! OMG!!

********

As soon as the unit was all checked out, me and Tiffany drove far, far away. Well, actually just into town. We checked into our hotel, which was actually very nice. We immediately decided the room was too cold, and without speaking a word to each other, we both went over to the a/c unit at the same time to turn it off. It was just a small, simple thing, but it made me smile. It was so great to be hanging out with someone who didn't work with me. Someone who likes exactly the same foods as me, likes the room to be the same temperature as me, and likes the same shows on tv as me. In a nutshell, it was great to be spending a couple of days with my sister.

We lived it up too. We went to Grand Haven and soaked up some rays on the beach at Lake Michigan, and went swimming. When the waves got too rough, and the sun set, we called it an evening, and went and had dinner at a swanky Italian place on the boardwalk. Then we went and saw The Devil Wears Prada, where of course we ran into camp people. When Tiff left the next day, I was sad to see her go, that's for sure.

That afternoon, with counselor D thankfully being gone, it was nice. It rained most of that afternoon, but it made for great napping weather. I caught up on some of the sleep my body had been deprived of all session long. After that, UD Nichole called up, wanting me to come by Left Bank for a camp fire dinner. I was more than happy to oblige her. Nichole had been having some issues during the summer, so it was a nice thing to be able to go over to Left Bank and just have a good talk with her, like the times when she was a counselor in my unit the year before.

The next day was Tuesday, and I actually spent the day with Nichole. We had alot of fun, just bumming it around town, going to Meijer and Brooklyn Bagel, and then to our favorite ice cream place.

That night, I had decided to have a movie night. I had bought the fourth Harry Potter movie when me and Nichole were in town, so I told my remaining counselors I was having a movie night at 7pm sharp, in my hut, on my laptop.

And just when I thought session break was coming to an end, and just as Harry Potter started, I got a phone call. I was a little peturbed that my movie was being interrupted.

"Promenade, this is Tamara. And it better be good cause you're pulling me away from Harry Potter!"
"Tamara, it's Nathan! And this is good! So, do you want to guess who the first Blue Lake firing of the summer is?"
"Oooh, someone got fired? How do you know? How do you know ahead of me when you were in Houghton Lake?"
"Because my girlfriend is the Assistant Director of Camp Bernstein."
"Ooh! You mean, a Bernie got fired?"
"Uh huh, and not just any Bernie. Bernie Dave!"
"Bernie Dave Got fired???? Oh my god, how do you get fired during session break?"
"Um, you get fired during session break when you are drunk and you drive your truck into a tree on camp, all while wearing your Blue Lake uniform."
"Um, rule number one. Don't have alcohol on camp. Rule number two, don't come onto camp drunk. Rule number three, don't be in an establishment that serves alcohol in your camp uniform. Oh my god, what an idiot!"
"Yeah, exactly. You sound like the Blue Lake dictionary there, Tam."
"No, not a dictionary, an encyclopedia. I can state that word for word cause I always think it's funny every summer when I sign that part of my contract."
"Yeah, well, Robin and I got back to camp with a million messages waiting for her from Heidi. This might just be the most awesome firing in camp history."
"Oh yeah, it just might."

*******

Oh the drama. The drama. And we were only halfway through the summer!

If you think this is good, just wait for the session three post!

1 comment:

Pants said...

AHHHH! I love it! I can't wait for session three :)

It's like a literary soap opera! And perhaps even more addictive...

Friday, October 27, 2006

Summer at Blue Lake Part Four: Part Two: Session Break Again, Going into Session 3

Note! This is the second part of a new post. Please read the post directly below this one before going on to this one or else this won't all make sense!

Yes, I know, craziness, two updates to my blog in one day! Three in one week! OMG!!

********

As soon as the unit was all checked out, me and Tiffany drove far, far away. Well, actually just into town. We checked into our hotel, which was actually very nice. We immediately decided the room was too cold, and without speaking a word to each other, we both went over to the a/c unit at the same time to turn it off. It was just a small, simple thing, but it made me smile. It was so great to be hanging out with someone who didn't work with me. Someone who likes exactly the same foods as me, likes the room to be the same temperature as me, and likes the same shows on tv as me. In a nutshell, it was great to be spending a couple of days with my sister.

We lived it up too. We went to Grand Haven and soaked up some rays on the beach at Lake Michigan, and went swimming. When the waves got too rough, and the sun set, we called it an evening, and went and had dinner at a swanky Italian place on the boardwalk. Then we went and saw The Devil Wears Prada, where of course we ran into camp people. When Tiff left the next day, I was sad to see her go, that's for sure.

That afternoon, with counselor D thankfully being gone, it was nice. It rained most of that afternoon, but it made for great napping weather. I caught up on some of the sleep my body had been deprived of all session long. After that, UD Nichole called up, wanting me to come by Left Bank for a camp fire dinner. I was more than happy to oblige her. Nichole had been having some issues during the summer, so it was a nice thing to be able to go over to Left Bank and just have a good talk with her, like the times when she was a counselor in my unit the year before.

The next day was Tuesday, and I actually spent the day with Nichole. We had alot of fun, just bumming it around town, going to Meijer and Brooklyn Bagel, and then to our favorite ice cream place.

That night, I had decided to have a movie night. I had bought the fourth Harry Potter movie when me and Nichole were in town, so I told my remaining counselors I was having a movie night at 7pm sharp, in my hut, on my laptop.

And just when I thought session break was coming to an end, and just as Harry Potter started, I got a phone call. I was a little peturbed that my movie was being interrupted.

"Promenade, this is Tamara. And it better be good cause you're pulling me away from Harry Potter!"
"Tamara, it's Nathan! And this is good! So, do you want to guess who the first Blue Lake firing of the summer is?"
"Oooh, someone got fired? How do you know? How do you know ahead of me when you were in Houghton Lake?"
"Because my girlfriend is the Assistant Director of Camp Bernstein."
"Ooh! You mean, a Bernie got fired?"
"Uh huh, and not just any Bernie. Bernie Dave!"
"Bernie Dave Got fired???? Oh my god, how do you get fired during session break?"
"Um, you get fired during session break when you are drunk and you drive your truck into a tree on camp, all while wearing your Blue Lake uniform."
"Um, rule number one. Don't have alcohol on camp. Rule number two, don't come onto camp drunk. Rule number three, don't be in an establishment that serves alcohol in your camp uniform. Oh my god, what an idiot!"
"Yeah, exactly. You sound like the Blue Lake dictionary there, Tam."
"No, not a dictionary, an encyclopedia. I can state that word for word cause I always think it's funny every summer when I sign that part of my contract."
"Yeah, well, Robin and I got back to camp with a million messages waiting for her from Heidi. This might just be the most awesome firing in camp history."
"Oh yeah, it just might."

*******

Oh the drama. The drama. And we were only halfway through the summer!

If you think this is good, just wait for the session three post!

1 comment:

Pants said...

AHHHH! I love it! I can't wait for session three :)

It's like a literary soap opera! And perhaps even more addictive...