Sunday, October 8, 2006

Summer at Blue Lake Part Two: Session 2 Part 2

Autumn is here! It was a beautiful day today, 70 degrees, sunny, beautiful. Michigan can be beautiful...too bad they're forcasting Friday to be a high of 39 degrees with rain/snow mix. My thoughts "son of a &^*!@ !!!!!!"

I'm joining the Flint Festival Chorus. I'm excited/nervous/dreading the three hour rehersal on Monday. But singing makes my heart feel good. It makes me feel alive. So I'm convinced that this is a very good thing.


I'm pretty sure me and Bernadette are on our way to Chi-town within the next month. Woohoo! I need a vacation, and I'd love to see my friends there. I don't even care about going shopping. Although, I would like a new purse!

************

Okay, I'm officially going to try to finish up these Blue Lake recaps, because soon I'm going to start forgetting these details. And I'm at the point where I'm mentally ready to pack these thoughts away.


You know, it's always kind of funny when you look back on events. When you're going through it at the time, you don't really see the humor in it so much, but looking back at it, you can see how funny it would be if you weren't the person who experienced it.

Session two was pretty easy. But in all honesty, I'm considering the arrival of the new counselor as the beginning of Session three, otherwise known as "When all hell broke lose!"

We're going to call this counselor UC2. Because she was my 2nd UC.

When she first arrived, it was my night off. She came in with an international group, so my other counselors saw her perform before they actually met her. After the concert, when I got back from my night off, we expected that she would soon be coming by the unit, to at least meet us. Yes, her first day of work wasn't until the next day, but I assumed she'd want to come and meet us. Well, she apparently didn't see the need in meeting us, so I sent some of my counselors over to her cabin after lights out to meet her. When they got there, she was nice and polite, but directly told them that she was going to Meijer so she'd have to talk with them tomorrow.

Okay, so I know that she probably needed things for camp, but she couldn't take five minutes to socialize with everyone? Maybe I'm being petty, but I found it odd.

So, the morning came around, and with camp, you are up first thing at 6:30 in the morning. Basically, you are on the clock starting at 6:30am. Well, you're pretty much on the clock 24 hours a day, but as far as being awake and ready to go, 6:30am it is. I thought, geez, where is my new counselor? Shouldn't she want to stop by and see the schedules? Doesn't she want to know what her shifts of in unit are, and when her meal securities are, or what her lifeguarding shift is? Well, apparently not. I had to send UC 1 over to her cabin to get her up. And even then, she was late to our meeting spot and came in to breakfast like "Hehe, sorry!"

Uh, yeah. About that. I'm not exactly the hard ass type, when it comes to me being a supervisor, but for the love of God, act your age and do your job. Especially on the first day!

We had continued problems with UC 2. Constantly she'd have to ask me what counselor is in that cabin? Where is that cabin? You mean I have to log when I give that kid a cough drop? You mean I have 3 periods of in unit even though I have absolutely no job assignments for this session? Geez Tamara, don't you know last summer in Caroline's unit we did stuff this way? Geez Tamara, why are you mad that I'm late to the counselor meeting because I was smoking?

Fun times. At that point, some of my counselors were not getting along with her either, especially UC 1. As UC 1 put it, "Shut your face already, UC 2!"

And the saga will continue.

Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This weekend was gorgeous. Too bad it will come to a horrible end. Booo!!

Deanna said...

Hey tag board is now at tag-board.biz. Jessica left me a comment on my blog about the change in address.

Sunday, October 8, 2006

Summer at Blue Lake Part Two: Session 2 Part 2

Autumn is here! It was a beautiful day today, 70 degrees, sunny, beautiful. Michigan can be beautiful...too bad they're forcasting Friday to be a high of 39 degrees with rain/snow mix. My thoughts "son of a &^*!@ !!!!!!"

I'm joining the Flint Festival Chorus. I'm excited/nervous/dreading the three hour rehersal on Monday. But singing makes my heart feel good. It makes me feel alive. So I'm convinced that this is a very good thing.


I'm pretty sure me and Bernadette are on our way to Chi-town within the next month. Woohoo! I need a vacation, and I'd love to see my friends there. I don't even care about going shopping. Although, I would like a new purse!

************

Okay, I'm officially going to try to finish up these Blue Lake recaps, because soon I'm going to start forgetting these details. And I'm at the point where I'm mentally ready to pack these thoughts away.


You know, it's always kind of funny when you look back on events. When you're going through it at the time, you don't really see the humor in it so much, but looking back at it, you can see how funny it would be if you weren't the person who experienced it.

Session two was pretty easy. But in all honesty, I'm considering the arrival of the new counselor as the beginning of Session three, otherwise known as "When all hell broke lose!"

We're going to call this counselor UC2. Because she was my 2nd UC.

When she first arrived, it was my night off. She came in with an international group, so my other counselors saw her perform before they actually met her. After the concert, when I got back from my night off, we expected that she would soon be coming by the unit, to at least meet us. Yes, her first day of work wasn't until the next day, but I assumed she'd want to come and meet us. Well, she apparently didn't see the need in meeting us, so I sent some of my counselors over to her cabin after lights out to meet her. When they got there, she was nice and polite, but directly told them that she was going to Meijer so she'd have to talk with them tomorrow.

Okay, so I know that she probably needed things for camp, but she couldn't take five minutes to socialize with everyone? Maybe I'm being petty, but I found it odd.

So, the morning came around, and with camp, you are up first thing at 6:30 in the morning. Basically, you are on the clock starting at 6:30am. Well, you're pretty much on the clock 24 hours a day, but as far as being awake and ready to go, 6:30am it is. I thought, geez, where is my new counselor? Shouldn't she want to stop by and see the schedules? Doesn't she want to know what her shifts of in unit are, and when her meal securities are, or what her lifeguarding shift is? Well, apparently not. I had to send UC 1 over to her cabin to get her up. And even then, she was late to our meeting spot and came in to breakfast like "Hehe, sorry!"

Uh, yeah. About that. I'm not exactly the hard ass type, when it comes to me being a supervisor, but for the love of God, act your age and do your job. Especially on the first day!

We had continued problems with UC 2. Constantly she'd have to ask me what counselor is in that cabin? Where is that cabin? You mean I have to log when I give that kid a cough drop? You mean I have 3 periods of in unit even though I have absolutely no job assignments for this session? Geez Tamara, don't you know last summer in Caroline's unit we did stuff this way? Geez Tamara, why are you mad that I'm late to the counselor meeting because I was smoking?

Fun times. At that point, some of my counselors were not getting along with her either, especially UC 1. As UC 1 put it, "Shut your face already, UC 2!"

And the saga will continue.

Later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This weekend was gorgeous. Too bad it will come to a horrible end. Booo!!

Deanna said...

Hey tag board is now at tag-board.biz. Jessica left me a comment on my blog about the change in address.