Sunday, December 3, 2006
So this is Christmas...
Mondays are turning out to be crazy! I'm going to be working a full day of subbing tomorrow, plus I've got choir rehersal from 7 to 9:30pm. Oh joy! Don't get me wrong, I love choir, it's just that nearly three hours of rehersal is enough to drive someone batty!
Speaking of Festival Chorus, I just found out that the UMF Chorale is indeed going to join us at The Whiting for Beethoven's 9th in the spring. Which is good, because there is no way to pull off the choral movement of that symphony without a big chorus. I'm such a nerd, but I think only music by Faure and Beethoven can send tingles like that down my spine. I wish we were practicing the Beethoven now instead of this stupid arrangment of I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with of all things, jazz chords in the middle.
Speaking of the UMF Chorale, I went to see their Christmas concert last night. Partly because I am a former member, and partly because one of my counselors from last summer, as well as two girls who were my campers last summer, are members of the Chorale.
It was great, so I thought. The choir had a good balance, and the brass band was very good. It definitely got me in to the Christmas spirit! Afterwards, I went out with said counselor and some of the people in Chorale. I kind of regret that I wasn't very social when I was in Chorale. I spent more time hanging out with my science buds then hanging out with Chorale members. They were alot of fun last night! One of the guys was just smokin hot. That's the only way to describe him. Completely droolworthy, that's for sure. He definitely flirted with me a bit, even if he was a very obvious flirt, it was still fun to be flirted with by that much hottness. Swoon.
Anyway...back on whatever subject I was on. I spent today listening to Christmas music, reading Sense and Sensibility, (I am so close to being done! I'm going to finish it tomorrow, I hope!) watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and writing out Christmas cards. I feel guilty that I find Christmas cards kind of tedious to write. They're supposed to be this nice little card to brighten up someone's day. I like to pick out the cards, but as it would be rather rude to not write a note in them, I feel obliged to write a four page letter. This year, I'm keeping it short and simple. A nice, friendly little note, and bing bang, I'm done!
In other news, my mom had her liver biopsy on Friday. I love my mom to death, and I do imagine that one would be rather sore after that procedure...but she's driving me insane. She went from being in pain over her biopsy, to now thinking she has bronchitis. Not to sound like a total selfish unfeeling brat, but if you're suffering from bronchitis, shouldn't you not be smoking a pack of cigarettes a day? It's just a little hard for me to feel sorry for you when you tell me you feel like you can't breath while balancing a Newport between two of your fingers. Mom wanted me to stay home from work tomorrow. But...I already promised this teacher I would sub for her, plus, my mom is doing alot better. There is no reason I need to stay at home! I'd only be the glorified dog sitter anyhow.
I can tell you exactly how her day will go. She'll sleep in until around noon. Then she'll get up, and let the dogs go out, while she sits in front of the tv with a cigarette and her iced tea. Then she'll let the dogs in, and make herself and the dogs some lunch. She'll then get on the phone, and talk with either her aunt or her mother. By this time, it will be pushing 2 o'clock. At this time she'll either be ready for a nap, or she'll settle on the couch with the dogs next to her, watching a movie. And then I'll be coming in around 3:15 or 3:30 ish, and my dad will be getting off work around a quarter to four. Then she'll complain about having to make dinner, go take a nap...and get up around 6:30 to start making dinner.
That will be her day in a nutshell. She doesn't need me here with her all day long! She claims she wants me to stay at home because she wants to go to the doctor tomorrow. But I still don't see why she thinks that means I need to stay at home. Number one, she's crazy if she thinks she can call the doctor tomorrow and he'll be able to see her that same day. Number two, even if she could get an appointment with the doctor tomorrow I'm sure she'll find some reason not to go. And third, even if she does get an appointment, and does go to the doctor...she'll at best be gone for a couple of hours. The dogs will be quite okay at home alone for two hours.
Speaking of work, it's getting late so I should probably be going to bed. I have other things to blog about, but they'll have to wait for another time!
Sunday, December 3, 2006
So this is Christmas...
Mondays are turning out to be crazy! I'm going to be working a full day of subbing tomorrow, plus I've got choir rehersal from 7 to 9:30pm. Oh joy! Don't get me wrong, I love choir, it's just that nearly three hours of rehersal is enough to drive someone batty!
Speaking of Festival Chorus, I just found out that the UMF Chorale is indeed going to join us at The Whiting for Beethoven's 9th in the spring. Which is good, because there is no way to pull off the choral movement of that symphony without a big chorus. I'm such a nerd, but I think only music by Faure and Beethoven can send tingles like that down my spine. I wish we were practicing the Beethoven now instead of this stupid arrangment of I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas with of all things, jazz chords in the middle.
Speaking of the UMF Chorale, I went to see their Christmas concert last night. Partly because I am a former member, and partly because one of my counselors from last summer, as well as two girls who were my campers last summer, are members of the Chorale.
It was great, so I thought. The choir had a good balance, and the brass band was very good. It definitely got me in to the Christmas spirit! Afterwards, I went out with said counselor and some of the people in Chorale. I kind of regret that I wasn't very social when I was in Chorale. I spent more time hanging out with my science buds then hanging out with Chorale members. They were alot of fun last night! One of the guys was just smokin hot. That's the only way to describe him. Completely droolworthy, that's for sure. He definitely flirted with me a bit, even if he was a very obvious flirt, it was still fun to be flirted with by that much hottness. Swoon.
Anyway...back on whatever subject I was on. I spent today listening to Christmas music, reading Sense and Sensibility, (I am so close to being done! I'm going to finish it tomorrow, I hope!) watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and writing out Christmas cards. I feel guilty that I find Christmas cards kind of tedious to write. They're supposed to be this nice little card to brighten up someone's day. I like to pick out the cards, but as it would be rather rude to not write a note in them, I feel obliged to write a four page letter. This year, I'm keeping it short and simple. A nice, friendly little note, and bing bang, I'm done!
In other news, my mom had her liver biopsy on Friday. I love my mom to death, and I do imagine that one would be rather sore after that procedure...but she's driving me insane. She went from being in pain over her biopsy, to now thinking she has bronchitis. Not to sound like a total selfish unfeeling brat, but if you're suffering from bronchitis, shouldn't you not be smoking a pack of cigarettes a day? It's just a little hard for me to feel sorry for you when you tell me you feel like you can't breath while balancing a Newport between two of your fingers. Mom wanted me to stay home from work tomorrow. But...I already promised this teacher I would sub for her, plus, my mom is doing alot better. There is no reason I need to stay at home! I'd only be the glorified dog sitter anyhow.
I can tell you exactly how her day will go. She'll sleep in until around noon. Then she'll get up, and let the dogs go out, while she sits in front of the tv with a cigarette and her iced tea. Then she'll let the dogs in, and make herself and the dogs some lunch. She'll then get on the phone, and talk with either her aunt or her mother. By this time, it will be pushing 2 o'clock. At this time she'll either be ready for a nap, or she'll settle on the couch with the dogs next to her, watching a movie. And then I'll be coming in around 3:15 or 3:30 ish, and my dad will be getting off work around a quarter to four. Then she'll complain about having to make dinner, go take a nap...and get up around 6:30 to start making dinner.
That will be her day in a nutshell. She doesn't need me here with her all day long! She claims she wants me to stay at home because she wants to go to the doctor tomorrow. But I still don't see why she thinks that means I need to stay at home. Number one, she's crazy if she thinks she can call the doctor tomorrow and he'll be able to see her that same day. Number two, even if she could get an appointment with the doctor tomorrow I'm sure she'll find some reason not to go. And third, even if she does get an appointment, and does go to the doctor...she'll at best be gone for a couple of hours. The dogs will be quite okay at home alone for two hours.
Speaking of work, it's getting late so I should probably be going to bed. I have other things to blog about, but they'll have to wait for another time!
4 comments:
- Pants said...
-
I feel the same way about Christmas cards. I love, Love, LOVE perusing the new selections each year, and ultimatley I buy them... but I think I have about five untouched boxes in my closet waiting to be written in...
I think you're starting a revolution. I too will just write short quips!
I considered writing a "holiday letter" filling people in on my year... but that seems weird since I don't have kids? Do non-parents write those things?
Anyway... yay for the holidays! -
2:29 PM EST
- Robin said...
- This comment has been removed by the author.
-
1:16 PM EST
- Robin said...
-
I am so bad with commenting! BAH. Anyway, yes I agree with the Christmas card writing. I LOVE buying them. Writing them out is a whole different story. Trying to be short and to the point and not sound repetitive to what the card says, is a process. :P
-
1:17 PM EST
- Robin said...
-
P.S. That is me who deleted the comment. ;-P
-
1:17 PM EST
4 comments:
I feel the same way about Christmas cards. I love, Love, LOVE perusing the new selections each year, and ultimatley I buy them... but I think I have about five untouched boxes in my closet waiting to be written in...
I think you're starting a revolution. I too will just write short quips!
I considered writing a "holiday letter" filling people in on my year... but that seems weird since I don't have kids? Do non-parents write those things?
Anyway... yay for the holidays!
I am so bad with commenting! BAH. Anyway, yes I agree with the Christmas card writing. I LOVE buying them. Writing them out is a whole different story. Trying to be short and to the point and not sound repetitive to what the card says, is a process. :P
P.S. That is me who deleted the comment. ;-P
Post a Comment