Okay, so first things first. My birthday party. Which is taking place on Saturday. If I make it to Saturday...but we'll get to that next. People are freaking pissing me off! Seriously. I'm totally cool with the fact that a lot of the people invited may not show up. In fact, I kind of prefer that. But what is pissing me off is the fact that all these people keep telling me "yeah, I totally want to come, but I'm just not sure if I can make it yet." Okay, that was cool a week ago. But we're pretty much at two days before the party, and you still don't know if you can come? I need to make freaking reservations, people! Don't think I'm going to make reservations for 8 and then 10 more people show up... I honestly at that point don't care if they have a place to sit or not. I'm making the reservations for tomorrow (I'm going to make it for two extra people, on the off chance someone does decide last minute to show up), and then that is that. I'm not changing the reservation after that.
And now, I have to make it to Saturday. I am subbing special ed (which usually is actually a pretty easy day with small groups of kids)...but this is a special ed classroom. With kids of allll different levels. A few of the kids, I don't even understand why they are in the class. They read well, can do math at a reasonably good level, and have good behavior. Why are they in special ed? And then there are the kids who do not need to be in a classroom...if anything they need one on one help, all day. I'm talking kids who blow up and throw tantrums constantly the first time they don't get their way...kids who can NOT be quiet, kids who cannot read, write, do math, anything. Obviously these kids have some major emotional/behavioral/learning disabilities. They are never going to improve in the atmosphere they are currently in, being pushed along at a level they are not ready for. So I'm frustrated with the school board for throwing these kids into a room, I'm frustrated with the teacher for not at least splitting them into two different learning levels, and I'm frustrated with the kids who run around the room like they've had 10 red bulls in a row. Not only did I sub for them today, but I'm subbing for them tomorrow, and Friday. Thankfully, for my own mental wellness, the kids have a half day of school on Friday. I will only have a day and a half more of headache, and I can spend Friday afternoon shopping to complete my birthday party outfit. :)
On another random note...it's official that I'll be the newest Assistant Health Director at camp. I've had another conversation with Jenn...I'm supposed to be getting my contract next week to sign. After being confident in this, I've definitely had the thought today of "Oh noooo, what the heck am I doing?" Ack! I hate second my guessing myself...and I hope I don't feel this way until May. That would totally suck bananas.
Finally, to wrap up the randomness, here is a quote from Television Without Pity. It's a post about how The Apprentice has jumped the shark...and it made me laugh! Especially the part about the Aaliyah song...if you're familiar with Aaliyah (if you're not, you should be...awesome music to dance to, my personal fave is "One in a Million")...that quote is freaking hilarious. The baby sounds in the music, totally classic! I about choked on the chocolate milk I was drinking when the post mentioned the Aaliyah song. Classic. Even if you have never watched The Apprentice, the Donald Trump mention is hilarious.
NYC is rainy and cold, and cold-hearted people with umbrellas scurry about
like ants underground, because contrast is the most powerful force in the world.
Except in terms of Trump always basing like about 60% of his identity on being a
New Yorker and how New York is yooge or whatever, it's kind of a mixed message
to be sending. Inside the limo, with loving songs of love, Donald Trump is
talking into a telephone which is connected to absofuckinglutely nothing
whatsoever, pretending to be having a conversation with his mail-order wifebot
and their robot baby. While this is not, in fact, happening, I am at least
relieved at the relative quiet of his voice. I was expecting screaming right out
the gate. The baby from that Aaliyah song gurgles over the phone, I mean
seriously the exact same sound, because not even the person or persons employed
to create the illusion of Baron Trump can be buggered to bother this season.
Melania, who is not on the phone, and Baron, who is not on the phone, are not in
New York, they are in California. If in fact they exist at all. You know the
Donald would be just as happy with a hologram. Be for real: as long as he could
take it out on the town to prove that a "sexy" hologram like Melania would
consent to his oily fearsome touch, he'd be fine. So he's riding in this limo,
pretending to talk to his hologram wife, on the way to the airport, so that he
can go to LA. He has buildings and things just all over the place, as you might
know, and now he's building a house in LA. The loving rainy music goes TOTALLY
FUCKING SWANK.
To end this randomness, everybody have a good Thursday! Don't freeze to death.
2 comments:
Yeah January birthdays just suck! People can't tell us if they are going to come to a get together for the birthday. I swear it's because of party/holiday fatigue.
Okay what you quoted about Trump is freaking hillarious. It goes along greatly with me hearing he wants his baby to be vicious and mean (and some other things that I can't remember right now). Who says that about their babies? I swear Trump is totally out of touch with reality.
I hope your b-day things get sorted out. People can just be so rude sometimes! Grr.
And by the way, congrats on your new position at Blue Lake! :D
Post a Comment