Monday, February 26, 2007

To work or not to work

To work or not to work, that is the question.



I have a sub job for tomorrow, at a school I really enjoy subbing at, but somehow I just don't quite feel like doing it. I know this is partly hormonal, but for some reason the thought of being with children tomorrow is not overly thrilling. Plus, my face is really, really broken out right now, and being in public is not exactly the most thrilling part of my day, either. Two awful zits on my cheek, two on my chin, and one very lovely one right smack in the middle of my forehead, inbetween my eyebrows. (I definitely almost spelled eyebrows as ibrows. LOL too much iPoding!) Thanks to Aunt Flo! As soon as she visits these horrid things will dry up and disappear, but until then, I'm left looking like a pizza face. Sigh. People who have naturally clear skin don't know how lucky they are.



So I still haven't decided if I'm going to work tomorow. I guess I'd better make up my mind soon, seeing as it's almost 10:30pm.



I finished a grad school application tonight, and I'm ready to mail it first thing tomorrow morning. I'm so half hearted with grad school! Last year I was so excited, and this year I'm like "ehh." I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm just not enthusiastic about it. Does that mean I shouldn't be applying? I'm not exactly sure what it means, but I'm going through the motions of it all, hopefully I'll get excited about it somewhere down the line.



Anyhow, moving on to other thoughts:



Very glad Jennifer Hudson got an Oscar, because she was fantastic in Dream Girls. But what the heck was she wearing down the red carpet? I hated the brown dress and that gold thing that died around her neck and arms should have been buried.



I wish I could shake my booty like the kids on that MTV reality show Dance Life. Seriously. I've always wanted to be a good dancer.



I bought sunglasses today, as well as navy blue mesh shorts for camp, when the weather gets to be like 100 degrees and I'm sweating my butt off. LOL Goes to show where my head is. Why can't summer be here already? Someone remind me why I haven't just picked up and moved to Florida or Hawaii? Seriously, if I don't get in to grad school, someone remind me that technically, I could just become a substitute teacher in Hawaii. Oooh. Hawaii. All the fresh pineapple I could eat. Oh yeah.



Okay, and for the fun of it all, and because I have had a stomachache and cramps off and on for the last week:

2 comments:

Kirby said...

I am so with ya on the summer thing. This has been the longest winter. Hawaii sounds so nice...

That picture is awesome!

Robin said...

I hear ya on breaking out!! I'm nearing THIRTY and still get zits around Aunt Flo time. I thought when I hit mid twenties this crap would be done with!!! Grr.

And that PMS picture is hilarious. I am contemplating on getting a bumper sticker made from that one pic I put up on my blog. "It's not pms, it's you." :P

Monday, February 26, 2007

To work or not to work

To work or not to work, that is the question.



I have a sub job for tomorrow, at a school I really enjoy subbing at, but somehow I just don't quite feel like doing it. I know this is partly hormonal, but for some reason the thought of being with children tomorrow is not overly thrilling. Plus, my face is really, really broken out right now, and being in public is not exactly the most thrilling part of my day, either. Two awful zits on my cheek, two on my chin, and one very lovely one right smack in the middle of my forehead, inbetween my eyebrows. (I definitely almost spelled eyebrows as ibrows. LOL too much iPoding!) Thanks to Aunt Flo! As soon as she visits these horrid things will dry up and disappear, but until then, I'm left looking like a pizza face. Sigh. People who have naturally clear skin don't know how lucky they are.



So I still haven't decided if I'm going to work tomorow. I guess I'd better make up my mind soon, seeing as it's almost 10:30pm.



I finished a grad school application tonight, and I'm ready to mail it first thing tomorrow morning. I'm so half hearted with grad school! Last year I was so excited, and this year I'm like "ehh." I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm just not enthusiastic about it. Does that mean I shouldn't be applying? I'm not exactly sure what it means, but I'm going through the motions of it all, hopefully I'll get excited about it somewhere down the line.



Anyhow, moving on to other thoughts:



Very glad Jennifer Hudson got an Oscar, because she was fantastic in Dream Girls. But what the heck was she wearing down the red carpet? I hated the brown dress and that gold thing that died around her neck and arms should have been buried.



I wish I could shake my booty like the kids on that MTV reality show Dance Life. Seriously. I've always wanted to be a good dancer.



I bought sunglasses today, as well as navy blue mesh shorts for camp, when the weather gets to be like 100 degrees and I'm sweating my butt off. LOL Goes to show where my head is. Why can't summer be here already? Someone remind me why I haven't just picked up and moved to Florida or Hawaii? Seriously, if I don't get in to grad school, someone remind me that technically, I could just become a substitute teacher in Hawaii. Oooh. Hawaii. All the fresh pineapple I could eat. Oh yeah.



Okay, and for the fun of it all, and because I have had a stomachache and cramps off and on for the last week:

2 comments:

Kirby said...

I am so with ya on the summer thing. This has been the longest winter. Hawaii sounds so nice...

That picture is awesome!

Robin said...

I hear ya on breaking out!! I'm nearing THIRTY and still get zits around Aunt Flo time. I thought when I hit mid twenties this crap would be done with!!! Grr.

And that PMS picture is hilarious. I am contemplating on getting a bumper sticker made from that one pic I put up on my blog. "It's not pms, it's you." :P