Ah, a quick post before I have to find myself something for dinner before choir rehearsal!
So, I'm feeling a bit better about things. I think my hormones have leveled off, because I'm not feeling like such a freak of nature anymore. Still don't know if the grad programs I'm applying to are 100% for me at this moment in time... but I'm feeling a little better about things. I cried over it, I talked to my mom (she doesn't understand me at ALL), my mom talked to my dad about, who in turn talked to me about it... Well, I'm not closer to a decision but at least my dad understands me when I talk to him. He told me it's okay to be frustrated, and to never, ever (haha) listen to my mother's advice for my academic future. He told me that I shouldn't fear because I have tons of options open to me right now, and that I should have faith in God that I'll be lead to the right path, sooner or later. He also said my frustration means that when I do get on the right path, I'll be so focused on what I want that no one will be able to get in my way. I have a good Daddy. :)
******
Speaking of my dad, his 56th birthday was on Thursday! My mom totally stole my gift idea! I wanted to get him workout clothes because his current gym attire is so, ah, dismal. So not only did she take the idea, but of course she had to outdo me by spending three times the money I could afford to spend. I swear, sometimes she's such a child! Was this really supposed to be a contest? Then, she questions my choice of getting him a maroon t-shirt to go with his navy basketball shorts. Seriously? Woman who dresses like she's 60 when she's only 45, are you really questioning moi on fashion sense? If I called What Not To Wear, they'd be here in a freaking heartbeat, ready to take my mom to fashion jail.
Anyhow, here are some cute pictures from the little birthday party we had for my dad. He didn't want cake, so my mom made him instead a mixed berry cobbler, which was pretty good, especially seeing as she used Splenda instead of sugar.
Here's Teddy sitting on my bed with me while I was wrapping my dad's gifts.
Here's Tabitha, running away. Her new fear in life is my digital camera.
Here is the finished wrapped gift: 
Let's see now, here is my dad opening up his gifts, and what you can't see in these pictures were his silly happy dances. He acted upset about turning 56, but in the end he was acting like a little boy who was excited to open his presents!



So as you can see, my dad had a nice birthday. :)
******
Over the weekend, I had a nasty cold! Some of you might have seen my avatar, carrying around a box of tissues looking miserable. I figured, if I feel like crap, virtual me needs to feel like crap, too!
LOL I'm sounding a bit bonkers. Ah, the kids, they're slowly killing me! I hope they don't re-infect me tomorrow when I work. Ah.
******
Oh to wrap things up, on Friday night I went with my best friend Bernadette to see
Blades of Glory. We were lucky enough to see if for free, because the UM-F student activity board gave the first 300 students plus a guest free tickets to whatever movie they wanted to see at the theatre. I'll give it a thumb and a half.
LOL not quite two thumbs up. Of course, it being a Will Ferrell flick, you can't take it too seriously. I don't want to give it away... so I'll just use Bernadette's words to describe it. As she said "It was pretty good. Pretty funny. But there were some parts that could have been funnier, you know." So that, is Bernadette's critique of the movie. :) I did get one great quote from that movie, and it is "
Mindbottling!" As Will Ferrell's character
Chazz Micheal
Micheals was apt to say "
Mindbottling, you know, it's like when you're mind's all bottled up."
Haha.
After working tomorrow and studying, I think I might possibly want to take the rest of the week off. Although, since the kiddies will be on spring break next week, which means no work for me, I probably will want to get in all the work I can get. We shall see.
2 comments:
Those are great pictures of your dad and of Mr. Teddy! :D
And I'm cracking up about Chazz Micheal Micheal's. Talladaga Nights had some "eh" parts like how you're explaining... still funny as hell though. I should go see this on Friday when I have off.
I'm glad you are feeling better!
Fab pics! Your dad looks so happy, and Teddy is super cute!
Post a Comment