Friday, February 1, 2008

New Template & a Pinch of Rant

As much as I liked the chocolate-y feel of the last template, I'm fickle and always itching to do something new! I thought it would be fun to break out a new template for Valentine's Day, since it seems like all the new kids are doing it. :)

We were supposed to get a large amount of snow today, according to the Heavy Snow warning we were originally under until 7 pm tonight. I would say overnight we got about 3 or so inches of snow, and the snow was going to continue all through the day. According to the local weatherman "There is a large mass of dry air hovering over the thumb area, which has really stalled the snow in that area." Now they didn't realize that this was going to happen, and it didn't happen until about 11am, but do you know that the Flint schools didn't bother to call a snow day? We were expecting around 10 inches of snow by the time this evening rolled around, and the local school district was the only one in the county (and as far as I know all the surrounding counties) to have school. Later it was reported that only about 50% of the student body actually reported for school. (Well, duh.) Why did this bother me? After staying up very late downloading music and playing Risk, I had only been sleeping for two hours before getting woken up by my cell phone going off. I had been called for a job! I couldn't believe school wasn't cancelled, but either way, I wasn't planning on driving my little car in the snow! I turned my phone on silent and went back to sleep. When I got up, I saw that there were five calls from Subfinder on my phone. Good lord! When most of your teachers won't bother to drive in to work, and half the student body doesn't show up, school should be canceled!

That's my little rant for the day!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Super cute layout!! I was having problems with the current one I am using {while I was setting it up that is}, and I was tempted to use this one here, or the other one you showed me. But I didn't know which one you were going to go with. And I didn't want to spoil it for you. :P Anyhoo, after an hour of cursing at the template, it finally worked. Go figure?!

And that just sucks they didn't close school! There was barely any snow on the ground early early this morning, but the weather people kept mentioning that it would get heavy through the morning. After that was said, it seemed like the school closing list was getting longer and longer. LOL!

Kirby said...

Aw, cute! I need to do mine.

Anonymous said...

Ooh Snow day! I want one!

Friday, February 1, 2008

New Template & a Pinch of Rant

As much as I liked the chocolate-y feel of the last template, I'm fickle and always itching to do something new! I thought it would be fun to break out a new template for Valentine's Day, since it seems like all the new kids are doing it. :)

We were supposed to get a large amount of snow today, according to the Heavy Snow warning we were originally under until 7 pm tonight. I would say overnight we got about 3 or so inches of snow, and the snow was going to continue all through the day. According to the local weatherman "There is a large mass of dry air hovering over the thumb area, which has really stalled the snow in that area." Now they didn't realize that this was going to happen, and it didn't happen until about 11am, but do you know that the Flint schools didn't bother to call a snow day? We were expecting around 10 inches of snow by the time this evening rolled around, and the local school district was the only one in the county (and as far as I know all the surrounding counties) to have school. Later it was reported that only about 50% of the student body actually reported for school. (Well, duh.) Why did this bother me? After staying up very late downloading music and playing Risk, I had only been sleeping for two hours before getting woken up by my cell phone going off. I had been called for a job! I couldn't believe school wasn't cancelled, but either way, I wasn't planning on driving my little car in the snow! I turned my phone on silent and went back to sleep. When I got up, I saw that there were five calls from Subfinder on my phone. Good lord! When most of your teachers won't bother to drive in to work, and half the student body doesn't show up, school should be canceled!

That's my little rant for the day!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Super cute layout!! I was having problems with the current one I am using {while I was setting it up that is}, and I was tempted to use this one here, or the other one you showed me. But I didn't know which one you were going to go with. And I didn't want to spoil it for you. :P Anyhoo, after an hour of cursing at the template, it finally worked. Go figure?!

And that just sucks they didn't close school! There was barely any snow on the ground early early this morning, but the weather people kept mentioning that it would get heavy through the morning. After that was said, it seemed like the school closing list was getting longer and longer. LOL!

Kirby said...

Aw, cute! I need to do mine.

Anonymous said...

Ooh Snow day! I want one!