Doo dee doo... la dee da... :) I haven't abandoned my blog, I just haven't had much to blog about as of late. I've worked a lot during the week, and the days have kind of blended in to one another. For most of the week I was having problems sleeping, so that really made one day just completely blend in to another. I do remember at one point a little boy, pre-K aged telling me he was "working on his muscles" (seriously, haha), me being excited for shaving my legs (yeah, me plus winter, plus having no boyfriend, equals no need to shave my legs), and at some point on Thursday I completely confused fifth graders by telling them to find their "zen" place. Those were some of the humorous bits of my week. Honestly though, not a lot has been going on!
The weather has been going up and down! Crazy Michigan spring, that's for sure! Yesterday was 75 degrees and thunderstorms/tornado warnings. Thankfully the storms happened later in the day, because it would have been a real bitch to take the kids into the hallway and sit crosslegged on the floor waiting for the tornado warning to expire. Today it has been like 45 degrees and rainy all day. The rest of the weekend will be chilly as well, but most of next week looks like it will be pretty perfect spring weather. I saw my first bush in bloom (not sure what it was, but it had bright yellow blooms), and my first daffodils of the season! Spring is finally here! :) I'm predicting I'll see the first trees in bloom sometime next week.
I wouldn't have minded just staying in and watching movies, but my mom had other plans for me! She said she wanted to go grocery shopping, but "first" she wanted us to go have lunch at the Olive Garden. I love Olive Garden, but my mom is pretty neutral on it, so I was surprised at her suggestion. Olive Garden also happens to be on the complete other side of town from the store my mom likes to shop at, so it seemed kind of inconvenient. I didn't say anything though, since she seemed pretty set on us going to lunch.
Have I mentioned I hate going out to lunch with my mom? I'm sure I have at some point. Things never seem to go well, and she always ends up bitchy during, and afterwards. Well, there was some minor league hockey team in town that decided they too, would like to have lunch at the Olive Garden. They were such a big group that it made for a big wait for everyone else. The hostess told us 10 minutes, but we ended up sitting there for about half an hour. I was really shocked my mom lasted that long, to be honest. Now, it seemed as if the hostess forgot about us, because they started seating people who had come after we had! I personally wanted to go up to the hostess and ask her what the deal was, but my mom got in to her bitchy mode. She walked up to the hostess, made a big deal out of telling her that we were leaving, and flung the plastic disk thing back at the hostess. I was irritated by the wait too, however, I'm not interested in making a big scene! We ended up going to Applebee's down the road, and got great service, but my mom complained the entire time. I just wanted to go home! And of course, after this whole ordeal, my mom was "too tired" to go on the grocery store. Apparently she thinks I'm going to be in the mood tomorrow to tag along with her. Ha! Fat chance.
Anyhow, besides for the typical ways my mother can get on my nerves, other things have went on. When I mentioned that I had problems sleeping this past week, I should have realized what would come as a result. I had an anxiety attack last night, after going so long without one! I think it was mostly hormone induced, but it still sucked. I started having an "anxiety moment" yesterday evening. My mind just wanted to race, and dwell on things that have upset me in the past year. I was kind of proud of myself for pulling myself out those thoughts by thinking of happier things. I guess I thought the moment was over, but as usual, in the middle of last night I woke up with racing thoughts, feeling like my entire life was just a hopeless mess. I can see why depression and anxiety usually go hand in hand. They're like evil siblings that like to tag team each other. I am lucky that I am not dealing with depression, but in the midst of an anxiety attack it is almost as bad as being depressed. Ah. Well, I feel like I am coping with it well, especially since it has been a while since I've experienced an anxiety attack. I can now recognize it for what it is, and I do know of ways to help deal with it constructively. Maybe one day I'll finally be free of it, but until then, I just have to cope with it the best I can.
That being said, I was recently thinking about the whole 21 Day Challenge Misti had presented everyone with, around this time last year. It was such a good idea, but I failed miserably at it last year! For anyone who didn't take part or was unaware, the 21 Day Challenge was all about the idea that it takes three weeks for you to create a habit. If you do something for 21 days straight, you could help yourself make a good habit to follow. I've been thinking about how I think I'd like to try it again this year! Actually, as I was thinking about it, I realized that if I really wanted to do this, I've got to do it soon, because my trip to Philadelphia plus all the other things that come along with camp is going to get in the way. I'm running out of time! :) So with that said, I'm starting today! I'm really hoping this time I'll be a success!
My challenge is going to include two objectives. The first is that I want to exercise everyday for the next 21 days. I am not under the mindset that I must workout everyday to be healthy (three or four times a week is good in my mind), but I have been struggling this year to get myself in to an exercise routine. Exercise is really key in helping to level out my stress, hormones, and anxiety. Besides, it's almost shorts, tank tops, and bathing suit season, so it definitely won't kill me to get a little more toned. :) The next 21 days will be a good excuse to get my butt in motion. My second goal is to floss my teeth at least once everyday for the next 21 days. The dentist got on to me my last visit for not flossing enough. I have been doing better with it, but I've still only been flossing like three or so times a week. Time to get it in to high gear and make it a point to floss everyday! My teeth will be healthier, and hopefully I'll save a bit of money the next time I go to the dentist by having no cavities!
So there you have it, I am doing a 21 day challenge, of my own free will. Since I'm starting today, the last day of my challenge will be the day I leave for my little holiday to Philadelphia. :) Wish me luck guys!
Oh, a big P.S. Thanks thanks thanks to Jessica for helping me get my ears on the leaked Mariah Carey album. It is FIERCE. :D It's going to be a big help to my exercise routine over the next 21 days. :)
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Work, Moods, and a Challenge
Doo dee doo... la dee da... :) I haven't abandoned my blog, I just haven't had much to blog about as of late. I've worked a lot during the week, and the days have kind of blended in to one another. For most of the week I was having problems sleeping, so that really made one day just completely blend in to another. I do remember at one point a little boy, pre-K aged telling me he was "working on his muscles" (seriously, haha), me being excited for shaving my legs (yeah, me plus winter, plus having no boyfriend, equals no need to shave my legs), and at some point on Thursday I completely confused fifth graders by telling them to find their "zen" place. Those were some of the humorous bits of my week. Honestly though, not a lot has been going on!
The weather has been going up and down! Crazy Michigan spring, that's for sure! Yesterday was 75 degrees and thunderstorms/tornado warnings. Thankfully the storms happened later in the day, because it would have been a real bitch to take the kids into the hallway and sit crosslegged on the floor waiting for the tornado warning to expire. Today it has been like 45 degrees and rainy all day. The rest of the weekend will be chilly as well, but most of next week looks like it will be pretty perfect spring weather. I saw my first bush in bloom (not sure what it was, but it had bright yellow blooms), and my first daffodils of the season! Spring is finally here! :) I'm predicting I'll see the first trees in bloom sometime next week.
I wouldn't have minded just staying in and watching movies, but my mom had other plans for me! She said she wanted to go grocery shopping, but "first" she wanted us to go have lunch at the Olive Garden. I love Olive Garden, but my mom is pretty neutral on it, so I was surprised at her suggestion. Olive Garden also happens to be on the complete other side of town from the store my mom likes to shop at, so it seemed kind of inconvenient. I didn't say anything though, since she seemed pretty set on us going to lunch.
Have I mentioned I hate going out to lunch with my mom? I'm sure I have at some point. Things never seem to go well, and she always ends up bitchy during, and afterwards. Well, there was some minor league hockey team in town that decided they too, would like to have lunch at the Olive Garden. They were such a big group that it made for a big wait for everyone else. The hostess told us 10 minutes, but we ended up sitting there for about half an hour. I was really shocked my mom lasted that long, to be honest. Now, it seemed as if the hostess forgot about us, because they started seating people who had come after we had! I personally wanted to go up to the hostess and ask her what the deal was, but my mom got in to her bitchy mode. She walked up to the hostess, made a big deal out of telling her that we were leaving, and flung the plastic disk thing back at the hostess. I was irritated by the wait too, however, I'm not interested in making a big scene! We ended up going to Applebee's down the road, and got great service, but my mom complained the entire time. I just wanted to go home! And of course, after this whole ordeal, my mom was "too tired" to go on the grocery store. Apparently she thinks I'm going to be in the mood tomorrow to tag along with her. Ha! Fat chance.
Anyhow, besides for the typical ways my mother can get on my nerves, other things have went on. When I mentioned that I had problems sleeping this past week, I should have realized what would come as a result. I had an anxiety attack last night, after going so long without one! I think it was mostly hormone induced, but it still sucked. I started having an "anxiety moment" yesterday evening. My mind just wanted to race, and dwell on things that have upset me in the past year. I was kind of proud of myself for pulling myself out those thoughts by thinking of happier things. I guess I thought the moment was over, but as usual, in the middle of last night I woke up with racing thoughts, feeling like my entire life was just a hopeless mess. I can see why depression and anxiety usually go hand in hand. They're like evil siblings that like to tag team each other. I am lucky that I am not dealing with depression, but in the midst of an anxiety attack it is almost as bad as being depressed. Ah. Well, I feel like I am coping with it well, especially since it has been a while since I've experienced an anxiety attack. I can now recognize it for what it is, and I do know of ways to help deal with it constructively. Maybe one day I'll finally be free of it, but until then, I just have to cope with it the best I can.
That being said, I was recently thinking about the whole 21 Day Challenge Misti had presented everyone with, around this time last year. It was such a good idea, but I failed miserably at it last year! For anyone who didn't take part or was unaware, the 21 Day Challenge was all about the idea that it takes three weeks for you to create a habit. If you do something for 21 days straight, you could help yourself make a good habit to follow. I've been thinking about how I think I'd like to try it again this year! Actually, as I was thinking about it, I realized that if I really wanted to do this, I've got to do it soon, because my trip to Philadelphia plus all the other things that come along with camp is going to get in the way. I'm running out of time! :) So with that said, I'm starting today! I'm really hoping this time I'll be a success!
My challenge is going to include two objectives. The first is that I want to exercise everyday for the next 21 days. I am not under the mindset that I must workout everyday to be healthy (three or four times a week is good in my mind), but I have been struggling this year to get myself in to an exercise routine. Exercise is really key in helping to level out my stress, hormones, and anxiety. Besides, it's almost shorts, tank tops, and bathing suit season, so it definitely won't kill me to get a little more toned. :) The next 21 days will be a good excuse to get my butt in motion. My second goal is to floss my teeth at least once everyday for the next 21 days. The dentist got on to me my last visit for not flossing enough. I have been doing better with it, but I've still only been flossing like three or so times a week. Time to get it in to high gear and make it a point to floss everyday! My teeth will be healthier, and hopefully I'll save a bit of money the next time I go to the dentist by having no cavities!
So there you have it, I am doing a 21 day challenge, of my own free will. Since I'm starting today, the last day of my challenge will be the day I leave for my little holiday to Philadelphia. :) Wish me luck guys!
Oh, a big P.S. Thanks thanks thanks to Jessica for helping me get my ears on the leaked Mariah Carey album. It is FIERCE. :D It's going to be a big help to my exercise routine over the next 21 days. :)
The weather has been going up and down! Crazy Michigan spring, that's for sure! Yesterday was 75 degrees and thunderstorms/tornado warnings. Thankfully the storms happened later in the day, because it would have been a real bitch to take the kids into the hallway and sit crosslegged on the floor waiting for the tornado warning to expire. Today it has been like 45 degrees and rainy all day. The rest of the weekend will be chilly as well, but most of next week looks like it will be pretty perfect spring weather. I saw my first bush in bloom (not sure what it was, but it had bright yellow blooms), and my first daffodils of the season! Spring is finally here! :) I'm predicting I'll see the first trees in bloom sometime next week.
I wouldn't have minded just staying in and watching movies, but my mom had other plans for me! She said she wanted to go grocery shopping, but "first" she wanted us to go have lunch at the Olive Garden. I love Olive Garden, but my mom is pretty neutral on it, so I was surprised at her suggestion. Olive Garden also happens to be on the complete other side of town from the store my mom likes to shop at, so it seemed kind of inconvenient. I didn't say anything though, since she seemed pretty set on us going to lunch.
Have I mentioned I hate going out to lunch with my mom? I'm sure I have at some point. Things never seem to go well, and she always ends up bitchy during, and afterwards. Well, there was some minor league hockey team in town that decided they too, would like to have lunch at the Olive Garden. They were such a big group that it made for a big wait for everyone else. The hostess told us 10 minutes, but we ended up sitting there for about half an hour. I was really shocked my mom lasted that long, to be honest. Now, it seemed as if the hostess forgot about us, because they started seating people who had come after we had! I personally wanted to go up to the hostess and ask her what the deal was, but my mom got in to her bitchy mode. She walked up to the hostess, made a big deal out of telling her that we were leaving, and flung the plastic disk thing back at the hostess. I was irritated by the wait too, however, I'm not interested in making a big scene! We ended up going to Applebee's down the road, and got great service, but my mom complained the entire time. I just wanted to go home! And of course, after this whole ordeal, my mom was "too tired" to go on the grocery store. Apparently she thinks I'm going to be in the mood tomorrow to tag along with her. Ha! Fat chance.
Anyhow, besides for the typical ways my mother can get on my nerves, other things have went on. When I mentioned that I had problems sleeping this past week, I should have realized what would come as a result. I had an anxiety attack last night, after going so long without one! I think it was mostly hormone induced, but it still sucked. I started having an "anxiety moment" yesterday evening. My mind just wanted to race, and dwell on things that have upset me in the past year. I was kind of proud of myself for pulling myself out those thoughts by thinking of happier things. I guess I thought the moment was over, but as usual, in the middle of last night I woke up with racing thoughts, feeling like my entire life was just a hopeless mess. I can see why depression and anxiety usually go hand in hand. They're like evil siblings that like to tag team each other. I am lucky that I am not dealing with depression, but in the midst of an anxiety attack it is almost as bad as being depressed. Ah. Well, I feel like I am coping with it well, especially since it has been a while since I've experienced an anxiety attack. I can now recognize it for what it is, and I do know of ways to help deal with it constructively. Maybe one day I'll finally be free of it, but until then, I just have to cope with it the best I can.
That being said, I was recently thinking about the whole 21 Day Challenge Misti had presented everyone with, around this time last year. It was such a good idea, but I failed miserably at it last year! For anyone who didn't take part or was unaware, the 21 Day Challenge was all about the idea that it takes three weeks for you to create a habit. If you do something for 21 days straight, you could help yourself make a good habit to follow. I've been thinking about how I think I'd like to try it again this year! Actually, as I was thinking about it, I realized that if I really wanted to do this, I've got to do it soon, because my trip to Philadelphia plus all the other things that come along with camp is going to get in the way. I'm running out of time! :) So with that said, I'm starting today! I'm really hoping this time I'll be a success!
My challenge is going to include two objectives. The first is that I want to exercise everyday for the next 21 days. I am not under the mindset that I must workout everyday to be healthy (three or four times a week is good in my mind), but I have been struggling this year to get myself in to an exercise routine. Exercise is really key in helping to level out my stress, hormones, and anxiety. Besides, it's almost shorts, tank tops, and bathing suit season, so it definitely won't kill me to get a little more toned. :) The next 21 days will be a good excuse to get my butt in motion. My second goal is to floss my teeth at least once everyday for the next 21 days. The dentist got on to me my last visit for not flossing enough. I have been doing better with it, but I've still only been flossing like three or so times a week. Time to get it in to high gear and make it a point to floss everyday! My teeth will be healthier, and hopefully I'll save a bit of money the next time I go to the dentist by having no cavities!
So there you have it, I am doing a 21 day challenge, of my own free will. Since I'm starting today, the last day of my challenge will be the day I leave for my little holiday to Philadelphia. :) Wish me luck guys!
Oh, a big P.S. Thanks thanks thanks to Jessica for helping me get my ears on the leaked Mariah Carey album. It is FIERCE. :D It's going to be a big help to my exercise routine over the next 21 days. :)
3 comments:
- Robin said...
-
Haha! I went to Applebee's yesterday, and today my sister and I went to Olive Garden. :P
Good for you in doing the 21 days thing. Last year I *attempted* to ride my stationary bike... yeah that never lasted. I should attempt at some point to do it again. :) -
12:04 AM EDT
- Kirby said...
-
Good luck with your 21 days!
-
3:27 PM EDT
- Tamara said...
-
Thanks Evonne and Robin!
-
10:30 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Haha! I went to Applebee's yesterday, and today my sister and I went to Olive Garden. :P
Good for you in doing the 21 days thing. Last year I *attempted* to ride my stationary bike... yeah that never lasted. I should attempt at some point to do it again. :)
Good luck with your 21 days!
Thanks Evonne and Robin!
Post a Comment