My grad applications are officially turned in. Now the waiting game begins! I'm not good at waiting, but it is a necessary evil. I also signed up for a pre-req course I would need for my grad program. My jaw about hit the floor when I saw the tuition for the class would be $1,100! One three credit class! I definitely remember as an undergrad taking two courses during spring, a total of six credits and the bill only came to $1,200. Nice to see tuition prices have doubled, good lord! My bill will be due the middle of May, to make that better. I could probably see about getting a payment plan set up, but last time I did that I believe I ended up paying an extra $100 in fees. They get you at every turn! Hopefully I will hear back by the beginning of May, so that if I don't get accepted I can drop the class before I get billed for it! I was looking in to taking the class at the community college (it's a sophomore level psych class) but their website confused me. I'll need to add that to my list of things to do for Monday, call the community college and ask about that class! Even if I saved $100, it would be worth it!
Besides for my moaning and groaning about money (I feel like I'm hemorrhaging money at this point), there are good things to look forward to! Tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be sunny and in the 60's!!! Finally some real springtime weather! Thank God is all I can say! I can't wait to air our my room by getting some windows open. It smells like stale winter in here! I love springtime! Something else to look forward to in springtime is my Philly trip... good thing I booked those tickets before seeing this tuition bill online or I might have changed my mind about the trip! I really could use this vacation, especially before heading off to my summer job. I'm flying American Airlines and I've been asking people a million questions about flying! Everything from "Where do I get my boarding pass?" to "Will I have to go through security when I get to O'Hare?" and "What about my luggage?" This really is going to be a heck of an adventure for me, but hopefully I'll have this all figured out come May 2nd! The countdown has officially begun!
It's been a pretty quiet spring break. It has been nice to have the week off, but I think I would have preferred having the money! I was able to get loose ends tied up this week though, so that has been great. I made all of these very complicated, yet very helpful backup schedules for the health lodge this summer. I got my applications completed and turned in, and I went to the dentist yesterday and had a cavity filled. If I had worked all this past week, it probably would have been next to impossible to get all of that, plus spring cleaning done.
65 words
What Your Little Black Dress Says About You |
![]() You are lively and outgoing. You are naturally friendly. You enjoy meeting new people and making new connections. Your style is whimsical and unique. You're good at putting together interesting outfits. If you were a shoe, you would be: High heeled boots |
You Are Disturbingly Profound |
![]() You're contemplative, thoughtful, and very intense. Taking time to figure out the meaning of life is a priority for you. Because you're so introspective, you often react in ways that surprise people. No one can really understand how you are on the inside... and that disturbs them. |


1 comment:
Although I know zilch about grad school, {fingers crossed you get accepted} my sister has spent around $12k. Eek! But just think, even if it is a lot of money, it's money well spent. You can never have a degree taken away! :)
Post a Comment