Ah... it's hard to believe that this time last Monday I was departing camp! I still feel as though I'm in the "post-Blue Lake" frame of mind, versus actually being fully apart of my surroundings! Oh, but the beat goes on so to speak, so I'm trying to get my mind where it belongs.
So the first thing I got greeted with when I got home was my mom telling me all about how my sister has been complaining about me. My sister and my friends all came to visit me during my last session break. While I was glad that they came, it only took about two seconds for my sister to get on my nerves! Let's see... to sum this up... my sister told me that they were staying at the wrong hotel (in the wrong city mind you!) and after spending an hour out of my life trying to figure out where they were staying... my sister informs me that they're staying in a city half an hour to the south! Meanwhile my cell phone wasn't working (long story involving me dropping it in a toilet, lol) so it was hard for me to get in contact with my sister and friends while they were on the road. When I talked to my best friend Bernadette about the situation, I could hear my sister in the background saying "Tell Tamara to suck it up, oh well... she'll have to get over herself, we're staying where we're staying!" Yeah... my sister was quite honestly being a little bitch when it was her mix-up to begin with... and I wasn't even angry at this point! Honestly, it's a wonder I haven't strangled her.
My sister and friends didn't roll in to town until 1 am! This after I'd been working for 15 hours day after day, I was so exhausted! I just wanted to sleep but they insisted on dragging me out of bed and going to Meijer. Then on top of it, my sister had the nerve to make fun of me for complaining about being tired! And it gets better... we get to bed at about 3am, only for my sister to wake us all up at 8am! I seriously wanted to murder her. Finally, when they left on Tuesday afternoon, I had mentioned to my sister that I needed to write her a check for my share of the hotel room. (A big whopping $50.) Well, of course she didn't let me get back to camp on time, when I needed to be early to meet with our nurse. No, instead I was just kissing the time of the meeting, and actually had to leave for it before my friends had gone. So of course, what happened? I forgot to write my sister the check.
Now I wasn't thinking it was that big of a deal... I thought "Oh, okay, I'll get her a check and either mail it to her or give it to her when I get home." Right? I mean, is it really that big of a deal? I didn't do it on purpose, and on top of that, my sister is the one always going on and on about how much money she has in the bank, and how spending $400 on a purse isn't anything to feel guilty over. So is waiting to have $50 mailed to you really a big deal? Apparently my sister thought it was a big deal. First, she called me while I was in my meeting with the nurse. Which means they could have only been on the road for about 15 minutes. What did she expect, that I was going to stop what I was doing, write her a check, and come out to the road to meet her? I didn't even answer my phone, I just muted it and went back to the meeting. At that point it honestly didn't even occur to me that she was calling about the money.
I kind of have this thought that if someone is calling about something important, they'll leave you a voicemail. So when I did check to see who had called me, I saw it was my sister, but I thought it couldn't be anything important since she hadn't left me a voicemail. After I got done with the meeting, roommate coworker asked if I'd like to go and try a Mexican restaurant we had both found a few weeks ago. I agreed to go, and while I was getting ready, I found a headband my best friend had accidentally left. On the way to the restaurant, I texted my friend Bernadette that I had found her headband. I didn't want to be rude in the car and call her, so I sent her a text instead.
Skipping ahead, later that night I was working, making last minute phone calls to parents and trying to talk one of my health staff members in to not quitting because her boyfriend broke up with her. (Long story for another time!) So needless to say, when I finally got back to my cabin I was ready to snooze! At about 11pm, I was just crawling in to my bed, when I looked down at my cell phone. I saw another missed call from my sister. Well, still, no voicemail. At this point it dawned on me that she was probably calling to remind me to write her a check, but I thought to myself "there is no way I'm calling her back this late, I'm going to bed!"
Anyhow, basically to sum up the rest of the story, I got entirely too busy the next few days after that to call her back. Again, if it was that important, shouldn't she have left me a voicemail? Instead, I hear from my mother that my sister has been very loudly complaining that I "purposely" tried to scam her out of $50, and that she called me "multiple times" trying to get her money. When I got home, I sent my sister a text message that read "I'm home now and I have your money." She never replied, of course. Then, on Friday night I went out with my friends, who started telling me about how Tiffany went on and on the whole car ride home about me "avoiding" her, and apparently my text message to Bernadette about the headband just proved to her that she was right. Needless to say, I was even more angry. I told my mother how pissed I was, and she suggested that I call Tiffany to clear the air. I told my mother that I was afraid I'd open my mouth and go off, so instead I sent her another text message. I simply wrote, "Hey, I'm still hanging on to this $50 I owe you. Are you coming up to Flint soon, or should I mail it? I don't have your address, so if you want me to mail it, can you send it to me? Thanks."
Yup, I still haven't heard back from her. At this point, I'm sure she's not replying so that she can continue to make a big production out of this whole thing. I swear, I really do love my sister, but sometimes I can not understand for the life of me what goes on in her head. Am I being unreasonable? I swear, I just wish she'd grow up.
Anyhow, I've got other things to deal with... like school starting on Wednesday! Eek!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday, August 25, 2008
And the beat goes on...
Ah... it's hard to believe that this time last Monday I was departing camp! I still feel as though I'm in the "post-Blue Lake" frame of mind, versus actually being fully apart of my surroundings! Oh, but the beat goes on so to speak, so I'm trying to get my mind where it belongs.
So the first thing I got greeted with when I got home was my mom telling me all about how my sister has been complaining about me. My sister and my friends all came to visit me during my last session break. While I was glad that they came, it only took about two seconds for my sister to get on my nerves! Let's see... to sum this up... my sister told me that they were staying at the wrong hotel (in the wrong city mind you!) and after spending an hour out of my life trying to figure out where they were staying... my sister informs me that they're staying in a city half an hour to the south! Meanwhile my cell phone wasn't working (long story involving me dropping it in a toilet, lol) so it was hard for me to get in contact with my sister and friends while they were on the road. When I talked to my best friend Bernadette about the situation, I could hear my sister in the background saying "Tell Tamara to suck it up, oh well... she'll have to get over herself, we're staying where we're staying!" Yeah... my sister was quite honestly being a little bitch when it was her mix-up to begin with... and I wasn't even angry at this point! Honestly, it's a wonder I haven't strangled her.
My sister and friends didn't roll in to town until 1 am! This after I'd been working for 15 hours day after day, I was so exhausted! I just wanted to sleep but they insisted on dragging me out of bed and going to Meijer. Then on top of it, my sister had the nerve to make fun of me for complaining about being tired! And it gets better... we get to bed at about 3am, only for my sister to wake us all up at 8am! I seriously wanted to murder her. Finally, when they left on Tuesday afternoon, I had mentioned to my sister that I needed to write her a check for my share of the hotel room. (A big whopping $50.) Well, of course she didn't let me get back to camp on time, when I needed to be early to meet with our nurse. No, instead I was just kissing the time of the meeting, and actually had to leave for it before my friends had gone. So of course, what happened? I forgot to write my sister the check.
Now I wasn't thinking it was that big of a deal... I thought "Oh, okay, I'll get her a check and either mail it to her or give it to her when I get home." Right? I mean, is it really that big of a deal? I didn't do it on purpose, and on top of that, my sister is the one always going on and on about how much money she has in the bank, and how spending $400 on a purse isn't anything to feel guilty over. So is waiting to have $50 mailed to you really a big deal? Apparently my sister thought it was a big deal. First, she called me while I was in my meeting with the nurse. Which means they could have only been on the road for about 15 minutes. What did she expect, that I was going to stop what I was doing, write her a check, and come out to the road to meet her? I didn't even answer my phone, I just muted it and went back to the meeting. At that point it honestly didn't even occur to me that she was calling about the money.
I kind of have this thought that if someone is calling about something important, they'll leave you a voicemail. So when I did check to see who had called me, I saw it was my sister, but I thought it couldn't be anything important since she hadn't left me a voicemail. After I got done with the meeting, roommate coworker asked if I'd like to go and try a Mexican restaurant we had both found a few weeks ago. I agreed to go, and while I was getting ready, I found a headband my best friend had accidentally left. On the way to the restaurant, I texted my friend Bernadette that I had found her headband. I didn't want to be rude in the car and call her, so I sent her a text instead.
Skipping ahead, later that night I was working, making last minute phone calls to parents and trying to talk one of my health staff members in to not quitting because her boyfriend broke up with her. (Long story for another time!) So needless to say, when I finally got back to my cabin I was ready to snooze! At about 11pm, I was just crawling in to my bed, when I looked down at my cell phone. I saw another missed call from my sister. Well, still, no voicemail. At this point it dawned on me that she was probably calling to remind me to write her a check, but I thought to myself "there is no way I'm calling her back this late, I'm going to bed!"
Anyhow, basically to sum up the rest of the story, I got entirely too busy the next few days after that to call her back. Again, if it was that important, shouldn't she have left me a voicemail? Instead, I hear from my mother that my sister has been very loudly complaining that I "purposely" tried to scam her out of $50, and that she called me "multiple times" trying to get her money. When I got home, I sent my sister a text message that read "I'm home now and I have your money." She never replied, of course. Then, on Friday night I went out with my friends, who started telling me about how Tiffany went on and on the whole car ride home about me "avoiding" her, and apparently my text message to Bernadette about the headband just proved to her that she was right. Needless to say, I was even more angry. I told my mother how pissed I was, and she suggested that I call Tiffany to clear the air. I told my mother that I was afraid I'd open my mouth and go off, so instead I sent her another text message. I simply wrote, "Hey, I'm still hanging on to this $50 I owe you. Are you coming up to Flint soon, or should I mail it? I don't have your address, so if you want me to mail it, can you send it to me? Thanks."
Yup, I still haven't heard back from her. At this point, I'm sure she's not replying so that she can continue to make a big production out of this whole thing. I swear, I really do love my sister, but sometimes I can not understand for the life of me what goes on in her head. Am I being unreasonable? I swear, I just wish she'd grow up.
Anyhow, I've got other things to deal with... like school starting on Wednesday! Eek!
So the first thing I got greeted with when I got home was my mom telling me all about how my sister has been complaining about me. My sister and my friends all came to visit me during my last session break. While I was glad that they came, it only took about two seconds for my sister to get on my nerves! Let's see... to sum this up... my sister told me that they were staying at the wrong hotel (in the wrong city mind you!) and after spending an hour out of my life trying to figure out where they were staying... my sister informs me that they're staying in a city half an hour to the south! Meanwhile my cell phone wasn't working (long story involving me dropping it in a toilet, lol) so it was hard for me to get in contact with my sister and friends while they were on the road. When I talked to my best friend Bernadette about the situation, I could hear my sister in the background saying "Tell Tamara to suck it up, oh well... she'll have to get over herself, we're staying where we're staying!" Yeah... my sister was quite honestly being a little bitch when it was her mix-up to begin with... and I wasn't even angry at this point! Honestly, it's a wonder I haven't strangled her.
My sister and friends didn't roll in to town until 1 am! This after I'd been working for 15 hours day after day, I was so exhausted! I just wanted to sleep but they insisted on dragging me out of bed and going to Meijer. Then on top of it, my sister had the nerve to make fun of me for complaining about being tired! And it gets better... we get to bed at about 3am, only for my sister to wake us all up at 8am! I seriously wanted to murder her. Finally, when they left on Tuesday afternoon, I had mentioned to my sister that I needed to write her a check for my share of the hotel room. (A big whopping $50.) Well, of course she didn't let me get back to camp on time, when I needed to be early to meet with our nurse. No, instead I was just kissing the time of the meeting, and actually had to leave for it before my friends had gone. So of course, what happened? I forgot to write my sister the check.
Now I wasn't thinking it was that big of a deal... I thought "Oh, okay, I'll get her a check and either mail it to her or give it to her when I get home." Right? I mean, is it really that big of a deal? I didn't do it on purpose, and on top of that, my sister is the one always going on and on about how much money she has in the bank, and how spending $400 on a purse isn't anything to feel guilty over. So is waiting to have $50 mailed to you really a big deal? Apparently my sister thought it was a big deal. First, she called me while I was in my meeting with the nurse. Which means they could have only been on the road for about 15 minutes. What did she expect, that I was going to stop what I was doing, write her a check, and come out to the road to meet her? I didn't even answer my phone, I just muted it and went back to the meeting. At that point it honestly didn't even occur to me that she was calling about the money.
I kind of have this thought that if someone is calling about something important, they'll leave you a voicemail. So when I did check to see who had called me, I saw it was my sister, but I thought it couldn't be anything important since she hadn't left me a voicemail. After I got done with the meeting, roommate coworker asked if I'd like to go and try a Mexican restaurant we had both found a few weeks ago. I agreed to go, and while I was getting ready, I found a headband my best friend had accidentally left. On the way to the restaurant, I texted my friend Bernadette that I had found her headband. I didn't want to be rude in the car and call her, so I sent her a text instead.
Skipping ahead, later that night I was working, making last minute phone calls to parents and trying to talk one of my health staff members in to not quitting because her boyfriend broke up with her. (Long story for another time!) So needless to say, when I finally got back to my cabin I was ready to snooze! At about 11pm, I was just crawling in to my bed, when I looked down at my cell phone. I saw another missed call from my sister. Well, still, no voicemail. At this point it dawned on me that she was probably calling to remind me to write her a check, but I thought to myself "there is no way I'm calling her back this late, I'm going to bed!"
Anyhow, basically to sum up the rest of the story, I got entirely too busy the next few days after that to call her back. Again, if it was that important, shouldn't she have left me a voicemail? Instead, I hear from my mother that my sister has been very loudly complaining that I "purposely" tried to scam her out of $50, and that she called me "multiple times" trying to get her money. When I got home, I sent my sister a text message that read "I'm home now and I have your money." She never replied, of course. Then, on Friday night I went out with my friends, who started telling me about how Tiffany went on and on the whole car ride home about me "avoiding" her, and apparently my text message to Bernadette about the headband just proved to her that she was right. Needless to say, I was even more angry. I told my mother how pissed I was, and she suggested that I call Tiffany to clear the air. I told my mother that I was afraid I'd open my mouth and go off, so instead I sent her another text message. I simply wrote, "Hey, I'm still hanging on to this $50 I owe you. Are you coming up to Flint soon, or should I mail it? I don't have your address, so if you want me to mail it, can you send it to me? Thanks."
Yup, I still haven't heard back from her. At this point, I'm sure she's not replying so that she can continue to make a big production out of this whole thing. I swear, I really do love my sister, but sometimes I can not understand for the life of me what goes on in her head. Am I being unreasonable? I swear, I just wish she'd grow up.
Anyhow, I've got other things to deal with... like school starting on Wednesday! Eek!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gotta love family, eh? ;-P
Post a Comment