Wednesday, November 19, 2008
15 Things
******
This is a meme from a friend who posts blogs on Facebook... I decided to steal it from her for today.
15 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me...
1. I haven't really "cut" my hair since I was a young teenager! I keep it trimmed and looking healthy... but other than that I haven't been brave enough to go with a new style. My hair takes a long time to grow back (African-American hair is drier and breaks easily) so I just keep it the same.
2. When I do finally, finally move out of my parents house, I'd like my first purchase to be a blender. LOL I have this vision of making myself fresh fruit smoothies all the time.
3. I love to give people presents! Even just small things... like at Halloween I got Gladware with jack-o-laterns on them, and filled them up with candy for my friends.
4. I really hate talking on the phone. Even with people I know really well, I just hate speaking on the phone. I like to see people's faces when I talk to them, and I think I gather a lot more out of a conversation from body language versus actual words.
5. I can start a really good campfire! It only took me five years to perfect it, haha. I can put a boy scout to shame.
6. I love cherry flavored candy. Cherry flavored popsicles are good, too!
7. I would love to one day own a beach house on the coast of Lake Michigan. It's one of my favorite places in the world to be.
8. I really love chinese laterns! I've got a bunch, although I don't have any hanging up right now.
9. My most favorite, favorite color is not really pink... it's indigo. As a kid, I remember squirting the hose in to the sunlight to see a spectrum... and I'd sit and stare mesmerized by that "pretty purple color" that I later learned was indigo.
10. I love the coke bottles and cans that have Santa on them, that always come out at Christmas. I always feel disappointed if I don't get to sip out of a Santa can on Christmas.
11. I would really like to learn how to make a quilt at some point in life... I just think it's a super neat thing to do.
12. Vanessa on the Cosby show is my least favorite Huxtable! :)
13. I love cheddar cheese! The sharper, the better. Yum!
14. My mother thinks my "aura" is red. I have no idea how she's come to that conclusion, or what having a red aura means.
15. I hate wearing heels... they hurt and they're just not worth it! I'd much rather wear a cute pair of flats and call it a day.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
15 Things
******
This is a meme from a friend who posts blogs on Facebook... I decided to steal it from her for today.
15 Things You Probably Don't Know About Me...
1. I haven't really "cut" my hair since I was a young teenager! I keep it trimmed and looking healthy... but other than that I haven't been brave enough to go with a new style. My hair takes a long time to grow back (African-American hair is drier and breaks easily) so I just keep it the same.
2. When I do finally, finally move out of my parents house, I'd like my first purchase to be a blender. LOL I have this vision of making myself fresh fruit smoothies all the time.
3. I love to give people presents! Even just small things... like at Halloween I got Gladware with jack-o-laterns on them, and filled them up with candy for my friends.
4. I really hate talking on the phone. Even with people I know really well, I just hate speaking on the phone. I like to see people's faces when I talk to them, and I think I gather a lot more out of a conversation from body language versus actual words.
5. I can start a really good campfire! It only took me five years to perfect it, haha. I can put a boy scout to shame.
6. I love cherry flavored candy. Cherry flavored popsicles are good, too!
7. I would love to one day own a beach house on the coast of Lake Michigan. It's one of my favorite places in the world to be.
8. I really love chinese laterns! I've got a bunch, although I don't have any hanging up right now.
9. My most favorite, favorite color is not really pink... it's indigo. As a kid, I remember squirting the hose in to the sunlight to see a spectrum... and I'd sit and stare mesmerized by that "pretty purple color" that I later learned was indigo.
10. I love the coke bottles and cans that have Santa on them, that always come out at Christmas. I always feel disappointed if I don't get to sip out of a Santa can on Christmas.
11. I would really like to learn how to make a quilt at some point in life... I just think it's a super neat thing to do.
12. Vanessa on the Cosby show is my least favorite Huxtable! :)
13. I love cheddar cheese! The sharper, the better. Yum!
14. My mother thinks my "aura" is red. I have no idea how she's come to that conclusion, or what having a red aura means.
15. I hate wearing heels... they hurt and they're just not worth it! I'd much rather wear a cute pair of flats and call it a day.
5 comments:
- Heather said...
-
Hee, I used to dream of a blender for smoothies, too! I say treat yourself to a nice glass one with a strong motor.
I liked Vanessa when she was knocking on Theo, but otherwise she was a bit whiney. ;) I remember when The Cosby Show went off the air and I thought, "I am never going to love another show as much as this one. . ." -
11:54 PM EST
- Kirby said...
-
I still don't own a blender! I would love to make smoothies too.
The "red aura" thing reminds me of something Phoebe on Friends would say. I have no idea what it means either. -
12:01 AM EST
- Kim said...
-
Denise was my least favorite...and she even got her own damn show!
I freaking love your hair...don't touch it!
Same way about the phone...though my preferred alternative is e-mail. I get too loud and enthisiastic and just try too hard on the phone. I make myself sick.
And I said the same thing about a blender...and I still don't have one!! There are so many recipes that require blending, too. And there aren't many ways to improvise.
Well, I'm just doing my own little meme right here in your comments, LOL. -
9:51 AM EST
- Tamara said...
-
:) LOL, See, I knew everyone had their least favorite Huxtable! I have to say, Denise got on my nerves a bit too, she was just too flighty.
Yes... I want one of those really nice Kitchenaide(sp?) blenders to put smack in the middle of my countertop! -
11:17 AM EST
- Robin said...
-
I love giving gifts too!
And I was always a Rudy fan. Maybe because I'm the youngest?? I don't really think I ever paid much attention to the other kids much. I just wanted to see Rudy! Hehe...
Great post. :D -
12:57 AM EST
5 comments:
Hee, I used to dream of a blender for smoothies, too! I say treat yourself to a nice glass one with a strong motor.
I liked Vanessa when she was knocking on Theo, but otherwise she was a bit whiney. ;) I remember when The Cosby Show went off the air and I thought, "I am never going to love another show as much as this one. . ."
I still don't own a blender! I would love to make smoothies too.
The "red aura" thing reminds me of something Phoebe on Friends would say. I have no idea what it means either.
Denise was my least favorite...and she even got her own damn show!
I freaking love your hair...don't touch it!
Same way about the phone...though my preferred alternative is e-mail. I get too loud and enthisiastic and just try too hard on the phone. I make myself sick.
And I said the same thing about a blender...and I still don't have one!! There are so many recipes that require blending, too. And there aren't many ways to improvise.
Well, I'm just doing my own little meme right here in your comments, LOL.
:) LOL, See, I knew everyone had their least favorite Huxtable! I have to say, Denise got on my nerves a bit too, she was just too flighty.
Yes... I want one of those really nice Kitchenaide(sp?) blenders to put smack in the middle of my countertop!
I love giving gifts too!
And I was always a Rudy fan. Maybe because I'm the youngest?? I don't really think I ever paid much attention to the other kids much. I just wanted to see Rudy! Hehe...
Great post. :D
Post a Comment