Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Day After Halloween

Wow, NaBloPoMo already? Time is surely flying by! I went back and read some of my entries from the last NaBloPoMo, and there were quite a few regarding the upcoming holidays. I guess that time of year is sneaking up on us again! I went shopping at Target yesterday, and among the aisles of Halloween costumes and candy, there were Christmas decorations and cards out already. If that wasn't bad enough, when my father and I went shopping at Walmart today, they were making Christmas displays and playing Christmas music! It was a little interesting to say the least. Whatever happened to Thanksgiving decorations?

Yesterday turned out to be a lot of fun, after an interesting start. I had THE job interview yesterday afternoon. It was quite interesting to say the least. The job of course ended up being something totally different than what my professor had described, and the women interviewing me chuckled to themselves when I described what I was told the job was. They then told me they'd wait until after the interview to tell me what it really was about. So basically they wanted to waste my time, getting me to give answers that weren't even pertaining to the type of job they were offering. To top it off, there was no flexibility... 40 hours a week, plus some Saturdays. There is just no way I'm willing to drop down to part time status at this point in my education... I want to get my degree done in two years without stopping for some job that isn't even in my interests. So yes... it was a total bust. I gave a very good interview, but it definitely wasn't for me. I can say the one benefit I got out of it was getting more practice at interviewing.

Yesterday evening I went over to my friend Andrea's house. She had some of her family there, along with our friends and a couple of her fiance's friends. We had so much fun! We gave out candy to the little kids, ate tons of pizza and candy (I definitely got a stomachache from it... blah!), and watched SAW since most of us had never seen it. My best friend Bernadette dressed up like a female Harry Potter (she swore she wasn't Hermione) complete with a maroon and gold Gryffindor tie. We all tried to have a glass of wine, only for us all to decide yet again we're just not sophisticated enough for it, because it tastes like someone marinated an old sock in vodka! In the end, we spent most of the night laughing, and it was a great way to spend Halloween.




What Your Love of Candy Corn Says About You



You are a very strange character. Much stranger than people realize at first.

Like candy corn, the more people think about you - the weirder you seem.



While you are quite quirky, that's what is lovable about you.

You are bright, bold, and simply happy. What could be better?

2 comments:

Kirby said...

What a terrible thing to say about wine! ;) It's an acquired taste. I started with White Zinfandel, moved onto other sweet whites, then finally on to reds.

Sorry the job didn't work out for you, but it's good that you are putting your schooling first!

Kim said...

I've been seeing Christmas decorations for over a month now! It drives me crazy! They start so early that you're sick of Christmas before it even gets here.

LOL, I don't like wine either...but then again, I don't like any alcohol much. Though there are some sweet "dessert" wines I've tasted before that were very good. None that I could gulp down and want more though...I'd describe them more as tolerable. And SAW is enough to make you sick anyway ;)

Practice is always good with interviews...but it still sucks when you feel like you've gotten all dressed up and on your best behavior only to waste your time. It definitely sounds like you made the right decision.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Day After Halloween

Wow, NaBloPoMo already? Time is surely flying by! I went back and read some of my entries from the last NaBloPoMo, and there were quite a few regarding the upcoming holidays. I guess that time of year is sneaking up on us again! I went shopping at Target yesterday, and among the aisles of Halloween costumes and candy, there were Christmas decorations and cards out already. If that wasn't bad enough, when my father and I went shopping at Walmart today, they were making Christmas displays and playing Christmas music! It was a little interesting to say the least. Whatever happened to Thanksgiving decorations?

Yesterday turned out to be a lot of fun, after an interesting start. I had THE job interview yesterday afternoon. It was quite interesting to say the least. The job of course ended up being something totally different than what my professor had described, and the women interviewing me chuckled to themselves when I described what I was told the job was. They then told me they'd wait until after the interview to tell me what it really was about. So basically they wanted to waste my time, getting me to give answers that weren't even pertaining to the type of job they were offering. To top it off, there was no flexibility... 40 hours a week, plus some Saturdays. There is just no way I'm willing to drop down to part time status at this point in my education... I want to get my degree done in two years without stopping for some job that isn't even in my interests. So yes... it was a total bust. I gave a very good interview, but it definitely wasn't for me. I can say the one benefit I got out of it was getting more practice at interviewing.

Yesterday evening I went over to my friend Andrea's house. She had some of her family there, along with our friends and a couple of her fiance's friends. We had so much fun! We gave out candy to the little kids, ate tons of pizza and candy (I definitely got a stomachache from it... blah!), and watched SAW since most of us had never seen it. My best friend Bernadette dressed up like a female Harry Potter (she swore she wasn't Hermione) complete with a maroon and gold Gryffindor tie. We all tried to have a glass of wine, only for us all to decide yet again we're just not sophisticated enough for it, because it tastes like someone marinated an old sock in vodka! In the end, we spent most of the night laughing, and it was a great way to spend Halloween.




What Your Love of Candy Corn Says About You



You are a very strange character. Much stranger than people realize at first.

Like candy corn, the more people think about you - the weirder you seem.



While you are quite quirky, that's what is lovable about you.

You are bright, bold, and simply happy. What could be better?

2 comments:

Kirby said...

What a terrible thing to say about wine! ;) It's an acquired taste. I started with White Zinfandel, moved onto other sweet whites, then finally on to reds.

Sorry the job didn't work out for you, but it's good that you are putting your schooling first!

Kim said...

I've been seeing Christmas decorations for over a month now! It drives me crazy! They start so early that you're sick of Christmas before it even gets here.

LOL, I don't like wine either...but then again, I don't like any alcohol much. Though there are some sweet "dessert" wines I've tasted before that were very good. None that I could gulp down and want more though...I'd describe them more as tolerable. And SAW is enough to make you sick anyway ;)

Practice is always good with interviews...but it still sucks when you feel like you've gotten all dressed up and on your best behavior only to waste your time. It definitely sounds like you made the right decision.