Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Day

I was watching Oprah's Favorite Things episode, but I got bored with it! I like the fact that she's doing a low-budget type of show this year... but I don't really need to watch someone tell me how to have a budget friendly holiday meal. So instead I'm watching 27 Dresses again on HBO2.

I made my chocolate meringue pie! It looks great... hopefully it will taste just as good as it looks! I tweaked the recipe a bit, so we'll see how it tastes. I used the same (untweaked) recipe last year and everyone loved it.

I really should be getting ready for the Pistons vs. Knicks game, as I am supposedly meeting my friends at 5:30. At the rate I'm going (messy hair, still in pajamas) I'll be lucky to make it out of the door by 5:30. Ah well... clearly I'm not too worried about it or I wouldn't be blogging right now. If anyone happens to catch the game, you can know that somewhere, far, far in to the stands, I'm there wearing a Pistons t-shirt and clapping my thundersticks together!

To finish for today, I'm using a little meme/survey thing my friend sent me via email the other day. I hope everyone has a good day, and a great holiday tomorrow!

******

"Four things"

Four jobs I've have had in my life:
1. Papergirl
2. Office Clerk
3. All encompassing camp counselor :)
4. Substitute Teacher

Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. Anne of Green Gables
2 . The Wizard of Oz
3. Harry Potter
4. 27 Dresses (obviously, as I said I'm watching it again!)

Four places I have lived:
1. My parents apartment when I was a baby (in Flint)
2. Our 1st little house (in Flint)
3. Our current home (here in Flint... for the last 12 years)
4. Twin Lake, MI (camp)

Four places I've been:
1. New York City
2. Philadelphia
3. Chicago
4. Washington D.C.

People who e-mail me (regularly):
1. Porsha
2. Jill
3. Jenn
4. My professors

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Pizza!
2. A good steak
3. French fries
4. Speghetti

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. someplace warm
2. where ever my friends are
3. where ever my family is
4. someplace warm!

Four friends I think will respond:
? Anyone who reads my blog possibly!

Four Things I am looking forward to this year: (I assume this means from today to November 26, 2009))
1. Being halfway done with my degree
2. President Obama being inaugurated (and maybe I'll get to go!)
3. My birthday
4. summer

Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. Survivor
2. Amazing Race
3. Young and the Restless
4. Little People, Big World

1 comment:

Kim said...

We have a chocolate pie every year, too...but we buy it from a local bakery that's famous for them ;)

I hope you enjoyed the game!!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Day

I was watching Oprah's Favorite Things episode, but I got bored with it! I like the fact that she's doing a low-budget type of show this year... but I don't really need to watch someone tell me how to have a budget friendly holiday meal. So instead I'm watching 27 Dresses again on HBO2.

I made my chocolate meringue pie! It looks great... hopefully it will taste just as good as it looks! I tweaked the recipe a bit, so we'll see how it tastes. I used the same (untweaked) recipe last year and everyone loved it.

I really should be getting ready for the Pistons vs. Knicks game, as I am supposedly meeting my friends at 5:30. At the rate I'm going (messy hair, still in pajamas) I'll be lucky to make it out of the door by 5:30. Ah well... clearly I'm not too worried about it or I wouldn't be blogging right now. If anyone happens to catch the game, you can know that somewhere, far, far in to the stands, I'm there wearing a Pistons t-shirt and clapping my thundersticks together!

To finish for today, I'm using a little meme/survey thing my friend sent me via email the other day. I hope everyone has a good day, and a great holiday tomorrow!

******

"Four things"

Four jobs I've have had in my life:
1. Papergirl
2. Office Clerk
3. All encompassing camp counselor :)
4. Substitute Teacher

Four movies I've watched more than once:
1. Anne of Green Gables
2 . The Wizard of Oz
3. Harry Potter
4. 27 Dresses (obviously, as I said I'm watching it again!)

Four places I have lived:
1. My parents apartment when I was a baby (in Flint)
2. Our 1st little house (in Flint)
3. Our current home (here in Flint... for the last 12 years)
4. Twin Lake, MI (camp)

Four places I've been:
1. New York City
2. Philadelphia
3. Chicago
4. Washington D.C.

People who e-mail me (regularly):
1. Porsha
2. Jill
3. Jenn
4. My professors

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Pizza!
2. A good steak
3. French fries
4. Speghetti

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. someplace warm
2. where ever my friends are
3. where ever my family is
4. someplace warm!

Four friends I think will respond:
? Anyone who reads my blog possibly!

Four Things I am looking forward to this year: (I assume this means from today to November 26, 2009))
1. Being halfway done with my degree
2. President Obama being inaugurated (and maybe I'll get to go!)
3. My birthday
4. summer

Four TV Shows that I watch:
1. Survivor
2. Amazing Race
3. Young and the Restless
4. Little People, Big World

1 comment:

Kim said...

We have a chocolate pie every year, too...but we buy it from a local bakery that's famous for them ;)

I hope you enjoyed the game!!