Friday, November 28, 2008

Still feeling full...

I feel like I've gained 10 pounds in two days! Ah. I'm completely stuffed again as I type out this blog. That's what a shredded turkey sandwich, potato chips, cranberry sauce, and chocolate pie will do to you!

Did anyone go shopping today? My sister called me early this afternoon to tell me that she and her hubby had hit Best Buy at 4:30 am, Target at 6 am, Kohl's at 7 am, many other stores in between, and was finally making a last stop at Coach because as she said "I'm in serious need of a clutch bag." Seriously? She couldn't believe that I had no desire at all to go out shopping this morning. I did actually eat my words in a way... because I did go out shopping with my mother this afternoon!

We went to Target, and by that time it was already 2 pm, and it was still crazy there! People were swarming everywhere. We literally walked in, walked down a couple of aisles, and decided that anything we wanted could wait for a few days. After that uneventful trip, we went on to Lowe's, where my mother went on to buy a million Christmas decorations (as if we don't have enough already!).

Anyhow, now it's back to business! I've got a paper to finish, a research proposal to draft, and interview to give, another project to work on... and then I'll finish this all up only to start all over again in January! I'm glad grad school is only two years long, because another four years would be a little difficult to swallow.

And of course, let's not forget about all the things to do before Christmas! Add decorating and more Christmas shopping to my list.

******

I had lots of fun at the game on Wednesday... I still need to upload those photos!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I felt too crappy to go shopping today. My brain wanted to go, but my body couldn't do it. Maybe sometime next week {during the day}, I'll go.

Kirby said...

No shopping for me yesterday!

"Back to business"- I hear you on that! Today is going to be filled with homework- ugh.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Still feeling full...

I feel like I've gained 10 pounds in two days! Ah. I'm completely stuffed again as I type out this blog. That's what a shredded turkey sandwich, potato chips, cranberry sauce, and chocolate pie will do to you!

Did anyone go shopping today? My sister called me early this afternoon to tell me that she and her hubby had hit Best Buy at 4:30 am, Target at 6 am, Kohl's at 7 am, many other stores in between, and was finally making a last stop at Coach because as she said "I'm in serious need of a clutch bag." Seriously? She couldn't believe that I had no desire at all to go out shopping this morning. I did actually eat my words in a way... because I did go out shopping with my mother this afternoon!

We went to Target, and by that time it was already 2 pm, and it was still crazy there! People were swarming everywhere. We literally walked in, walked down a couple of aisles, and decided that anything we wanted could wait for a few days. After that uneventful trip, we went on to Lowe's, where my mother went on to buy a million Christmas decorations (as if we don't have enough already!).

Anyhow, now it's back to business! I've got a paper to finish, a research proposal to draft, and interview to give, another project to work on... and then I'll finish this all up only to start all over again in January! I'm glad grad school is only two years long, because another four years would be a little difficult to swallow.

And of course, let's not forget about all the things to do before Christmas! Add decorating and more Christmas shopping to my list.

******

I had lots of fun at the game on Wednesday... I still need to upload those photos!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I felt too crappy to go shopping today. My brain wanted to go, but my body couldn't do it. Maybe sometime next week {during the day}, I'll go.

Kirby said...

No shopping for me yesterday!

"Back to business"- I hear you on that! Today is going to be filled with homework- ugh.