Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Few Funny Things

I'm just going to blog about a few of the things that have made me laugh very recently.

I laugh at my dogs on a very regular basis. They're just funny little canines! For instance, this evening, my mom was changing the sheets on her bed. Tabby loves to lay on my mom's bed, and she gets very antsy when my mom changes the sheets, because she's been ordered off of the bed. She sits and waits very impatiently for my mom to get done. I walked through the hallway and could see that my mom was just finishing making the bed, so I leaned over and whispered to Tabby, "I'm pretty sure Mommy is done making the bed now, so you can get on the bed if you want to." As soon as I finished whispering to her, she tore down the hallway and flew her little body on to the bed. It was the funniest thing ever! Just goes to show how smart she is.

There is an advertisement that runs on one of the local channels here for an allergy clinic. They always say "If you think you have allergies, call to set up an appointment with Dr. Horbal. Dr. Horbal has been practicing medicine for blah blah blah." The funny part about that is the announcer for this commercial always makes it sound like "Dr. Horrible." So mulitple times in the commerical the only thing you hear is "Dr. Horrible at the Bay Valley Allergy Clinic..." Yikes. Haha.

I'm convinced the people in soap opera land live in purgatory. What else could explain it? It's like they're stuck between heaven and hell in every episode. Heaven because everyone on the soaps always seem to be rich, with some amazing apartment, kids who are off at boarding school, have fabulous hair, and some hot, sweaty new lover all the time. The hell part is the rest of their lives, you know, the "someone kidnapped my baby-my husband is really my brother-I just lost my job as the CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation to a former stripper who dropped out of high school" part. Yeah, I've been watching a little too much Young and Restless lately.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Heh heh, funny must be the theme for the day. I ran across a suggestively shaped Hershey's kiss today--very shocking!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Few Funny Things

I'm just going to blog about a few of the things that have made me laugh very recently.

I laugh at my dogs on a very regular basis. They're just funny little canines! For instance, this evening, my mom was changing the sheets on her bed. Tabby loves to lay on my mom's bed, and she gets very antsy when my mom changes the sheets, because she's been ordered off of the bed. She sits and waits very impatiently for my mom to get done. I walked through the hallway and could see that my mom was just finishing making the bed, so I leaned over and whispered to Tabby, "I'm pretty sure Mommy is done making the bed now, so you can get on the bed if you want to." As soon as I finished whispering to her, she tore down the hallway and flew her little body on to the bed. It was the funniest thing ever! Just goes to show how smart she is.

There is an advertisement that runs on one of the local channels here for an allergy clinic. They always say "If you think you have allergies, call to set up an appointment with Dr. Horbal. Dr. Horbal has been practicing medicine for blah blah blah." The funny part about that is the announcer for this commercial always makes it sound like "Dr. Horrible." So mulitple times in the commerical the only thing you hear is "Dr. Horrible at the Bay Valley Allergy Clinic..." Yikes. Haha.

I'm convinced the people in soap opera land live in purgatory. What else could explain it? It's like they're stuck between heaven and hell in every episode. Heaven because everyone on the soaps always seem to be rich, with some amazing apartment, kids who are off at boarding school, have fabulous hair, and some hot, sweaty new lover all the time. The hell part is the rest of their lives, you know, the "someone kidnapped my baby-my husband is really my brother-I just lost my job as the CEO of a multi-million dollar corporation to a former stripper who dropped out of high school" part. Yeah, I've been watching a little too much Young and Restless lately.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Heh heh, funny must be the theme for the day. I ran across a suggestively shaped Hershey's kiss today--very shocking!