Monday, February 2, 2009

Frustrated!

Okay, a very quick blog today. We supposedly upgraded to this AT&T Uverse DSL... so much better than the old DSL we had, right? Oh except it drops my connection 10 times a day, and now won't let me get online at all with my laptop! No wireless connection. It did this late last night.

I called tech support and talked with someone who I am pretty sure has no more computer knowledge than me, for TWO hours. She then proceeded to tell me it "must" be my firewall settings, and that for a fee (funny how she would never say what the fee would be) I could talk to support plus and they could fix the problem.

ERR. Now my mother is pissy (she hates the new AT&T cable and wants to switch back to Comcast), my dad is pissy with my mom (he works for AT&T), and I still have no internet connection. I'm going to call one of my friends who is super tech savvy tomorrow and see if he can help me out. If not, I'm not sure what else I can do but call their stupid support plus, or the Geek Squad or something. I personally don't think it has anything to do with my computer seeing as I haven't touched the firewall settings in years, but maybe I could have a virus, who knows. Anyway, for now, it's the good old desktop for me.

1 comment:

Kirby said...

Ugh. Crappy internet is the worst. I hope you get it fixed or switched soon.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Frustrated!

Okay, a very quick blog today. We supposedly upgraded to this AT&T Uverse DSL... so much better than the old DSL we had, right? Oh except it drops my connection 10 times a day, and now won't let me get online at all with my laptop! No wireless connection. It did this late last night.

I called tech support and talked with someone who I am pretty sure has no more computer knowledge than me, for TWO hours. She then proceeded to tell me it "must" be my firewall settings, and that for a fee (funny how she would never say what the fee would be) I could talk to support plus and they could fix the problem.

ERR. Now my mother is pissy (she hates the new AT&T cable and wants to switch back to Comcast), my dad is pissy with my mom (he works for AT&T), and I still have no internet connection. I'm going to call one of my friends who is super tech savvy tomorrow and see if he can help me out. If not, I'm not sure what else I can do but call their stupid support plus, or the Geek Squad or something. I personally don't think it has anything to do with my computer seeing as I haven't touched the firewall settings in years, but maybe I could have a virus, who knows. Anyway, for now, it's the good old desktop for me.

1 comment:

Kirby said...

Ugh. Crappy internet is the worst. I hope you get it fixed or switched soon.