Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Midterms...

Geez! I almost forgot to blog again! Seriously... where is my brain lately?

Possibly on school... tomorrow I have my first midterm of the semester. I've been reading the text book like it's going out of style... but I am just now getting to the lecture notes. Ehh. The professor has tooted that this is a "difficult" midterm, but I had a class with him last semester, and I aced all of this tests. Plus, he said it's going to be open book, open notes, study guide, laptop if I want it... I mean, how hard could it be at this point? If I can read, I *should* be able to do well, right?

To add more stress to tomorrow (even if I think the midterm may be manageable, I still get ridiculously stressed over this stuff), I have a job interview! I got an email a month ago from a professor asking me to submit my resume because they were looking for a research assistant for a grant project. Well, he finally called me back... today, and wants me to come in for an interview tomorrow morning. Eh... seriously, I feel like this will take at least a couple hours out of my study time... an hour for the interview, and an hour for the whole prepping for the interview. I mean, I'm happy for an interview, but tomorrow, really? How is it that someone can not get back to you for a month, but then can expect you to come meet them on a dime? Eh.

But beggars can't be choosers, especially since I would love to have any kind of extra income... extra income means less subbing!

On the bright side... this time tomorrow, I'll be chillaxin for spring break! Woo hoo!!! A whole week of doing nothing (ah, minus subbing). I'm excited for the break.

******
On a random note, I replaced my keyboard today! I know I've mentioned how Teddy had broken a key on my keyboard. I got the replacement keyboard about a week or so ago, but today I finally got around to installing it. It was all relatively easy! Except for finding the right sized screwdriver, and getting in to an argument with my dad for hovering over me. He said he was just standing by in case I wanted any help, but I really think he was thinking I wouldn't be able to handle it. I got super annoyed and told him to leave my room, haha. Poor Daddy.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Good luck with your midterm!! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. :)

And another good luck with the job interview!!

Heather said...

I'm bad like that--I love fixing things. . .

Gosh, is it bad that I feel a bit tired of grad school already?

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Midterms...

Geez! I almost forgot to blog again! Seriously... where is my brain lately?

Possibly on school... tomorrow I have my first midterm of the semester. I've been reading the text book like it's going out of style... but I am just now getting to the lecture notes. Ehh. The professor has tooted that this is a "difficult" midterm, but I had a class with him last semester, and I aced all of this tests. Plus, he said it's going to be open book, open notes, study guide, laptop if I want it... I mean, how hard could it be at this point? If I can read, I *should* be able to do well, right?

To add more stress to tomorrow (even if I think the midterm may be manageable, I still get ridiculously stressed over this stuff), I have a job interview! I got an email a month ago from a professor asking me to submit my resume because they were looking for a research assistant for a grant project. Well, he finally called me back... today, and wants me to come in for an interview tomorrow morning. Eh... seriously, I feel like this will take at least a couple hours out of my study time... an hour for the interview, and an hour for the whole prepping for the interview. I mean, I'm happy for an interview, but tomorrow, really? How is it that someone can not get back to you for a month, but then can expect you to come meet them on a dime? Eh.

But beggars can't be choosers, especially since I would love to have any kind of extra income... extra income means less subbing!

On the bright side... this time tomorrow, I'll be chillaxin for spring break! Woo hoo!!! A whole week of doing nothing (ah, minus subbing). I'm excited for the break.

******
On a random note, I replaced my keyboard today! I know I've mentioned how Teddy had broken a key on my keyboard. I got the replacement keyboard about a week or so ago, but today I finally got around to installing it. It was all relatively easy! Except for finding the right sized screwdriver, and getting in to an argument with my dad for hovering over me. He said he was just standing by in case I wanted any help, but I really think he was thinking I wouldn't be able to handle it. I got super annoyed and told him to leave my room, haha. Poor Daddy.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Good luck with your midterm!! I'm sure you'll do wonderfully. :)

And another good luck with the job interview!!

Heather said...

I'm bad like that--I love fixing things. . .

Gosh, is it bad that I feel a bit tired of grad school already?