Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Small Valentine's Fib

I hope everyone is having a happy Valentine's day! I don't have a valentine, but it's not stopping me from enjoying my day. I'm going to a friend's "dinner party" in a little while, so it will be fun to spend the evening with friends. The day of love doesn't have to be about romantic love, after all!

So remember how I told you guys about the creepy stalker dude on Facebook? The one who sent me all the messages and whatnot? Yeah, so he sent me a message on Myspace yesterday! He was like "Hey, how are you? I haven't heard back from you. Do you have any plans for the weekend?"

Um creepy much? And clueless much? So, I was sitting here, trying to figure out the best way to give this guy the clue I'm not interested. And not simply a "not really looking to date anyone right now" kind of reply, because how often is that effective? It then occured to me that the best way to let a guy you know you're not interested in him in that way is to talk about a guy you are interested in. So, I told a big fib by saying "I'm spending the weekend with my friends, and boyfriend." Do I have a boyfriend? Technically not. Do I have a romantic interest? Yes, kind of. So was it a complete lie? Yes, it was, but a much needed lie.

The thing that got me, was that he then replied with "Oh. So how's your relationship going?"

REALLY? Seriously? If I had a boyfriend, I'd be beyond pissed. As it was, I was completely annoyed. Yes, loser guy, who I don't know in person, I'd love to dump my boyfriend for a random hook up session with you. Sounds IDEAL. Ass hat!

So, I said in reply "My relationship is awesome! I love him more and more each day, he's amazing."

Ha. Ha. Ha.

His reply to this was, "Oh."

Hopefully I never hear from the jerk again, especially since I've now completely blocked him from my Myspace.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Ooh, what a creeper! I don't think I remember {bad blogger reader} you mentioning this dude.

That's like I received a message on MySpace from a guy I actually did know a long time ago. He asked me something about my calling him a name back in the day {it wasn't a nice}, and do I remember him. At first I was going to respond and apologize for my childishness, but then I didn't want that to mean that I want to be friends either. So basically I just ignored the message altogether! LOL.

Kirby said...

Ugh, creepy! I think you did the right thing by telling him those things. Hopefully he will leave you alone!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Small Valentine's Fib

I hope everyone is having a happy Valentine's day! I don't have a valentine, but it's not stopping me from enjoying my day. I'm going to a friend's "dinner party" in a little while, so it will be fun to spend the evening with friends. The day of love doesn't have to be about romantic love, after all!

So remember how I told you guys about the creepy stalker dude on Facebook? The one who sent me all the messages and whatnot? Yeah, so he sent me a message on Myspace yesterday! He was like "Hey, how are you? I haven't heard back from you. Do you have any plans for the weekend?"

Um creepy much? And clueless much? So, I was sitting here, trying to figure out the best way to give this guy the clue I'm not interested. And not simply a "not really looking to date anyone right now" kind of reply, because how often is that effective? It then occured to me that the best way to let a guy you know you're not interested in him in that way is to talk about a guy you are interested in. So, I told a big fib by saying "I'm spending the weekend with my friends, and boyfriend." Do I have a boyfriend? Technically not. Do I have a romantic interest? Yes, kind of. So was it a complete lie? Yes, it was, but a much needed lie.

The thing that got me, was that he then replied with "Oh. So how's your relationship going?"

REALLY? Seriously? If I had a boyfriend, I'd be beyond pissed. As it was, I was completely annoyed. Yes, loser guy, who I don't know in person, I'd love to dump my boyfriend for a random hook up session with you. Sounds IDEAL. Ass hat!

So, I said in reply "My relationship is awesome! I love him more and more each day, he's amazing."

Ha. Ha. Ha.

His reply to this was, "Oh."

Hopefully I never hear from the jerk again, especially since I've now completely blocked him from my Myspace.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Ooh, what a creeper! I don't think I remember {bad blogger reader} you mentioning this dude.

That's like I received a message on MySpace from a guy I actually did know a long time ago. He asked me something about my calling him a name back in the day {it wasn't a nice}, and do I remember him. At first I was going to respond and apologize for my childishness, but then I didn't want that to mean that I want to be friends either. So basically I just ignored the message altogether! LOL.

Kirby said...

Ugh, creepy! I think you did the right thing by telling him those things. Hopefully he will leave you alone!