Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day <3

I hope everyone had a fun Valentine's day! I did a bit of studying, then I went over to my friend Andrea's for her little dinner party. Surprisingly, her dinner was actually really good (she's not exactly the best cook in the world), and she made us this alfredo style chicken lasagna. Another friend from high school came over (someone I hadn't seen in years), so it was good to catch up with her, as well. We spent most of the night playing Wii, which may have been a bit more fun seeing as we had had a few drinks.

And speaking of that, my friend asked us all to bring a bottle of wine to the party. We're trying to be more sophisticated, so to speak... but it's not going so well! People kept telling me to try a "Reisling." Well, I did, and it was really gross! So bitter, and alcohol-y. I just don't know... We ended up breaking in to the Boone's Farm... technically wine, but none of the sophistication! Ah, we'll see if there is a wine yet we can find to like.

I've been tempted to dust off the Anne DVDs and watch those... I suppose it's just because of Valentine's day, and Jonathan Crombie being so damn smoking hot! Ah well, I couldn't get sucked in to eight hours worth of movies.... so I watched Sense and Sensibility instead. My only problem with that movie is that I feel like Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant were too old to play their characters... ah well, still a good movie.

Anyhow... I'm trying to make it to bed at a semi decent hour. Considering that I got in rather late last night, I actually went to bed at a reasonable time... however, I've been so tired lately that I need to make it a point to go to bed earlier. I guess that means I should make it a point to blog earlier, too!

5 comments:

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

That we me who deleted! I signed in with the wrong acct...

My oldest sister is a wine snob. In fact she has two huge ceramic jars filled with corks. I'm not sure what she plans on doing with them? Her sister in-law's husband is a wine {I'm not sure of the proper term} seller? He delivers wine to all the fancy restaurants in Chicago. I should ask her what she recommends. I've heard merlot... but that's nasty to me. Very dry! Blech.

My whole family {sans my oldest sister} prefer the five dollar screw top wine! Ha! We all like this red wine called Riunite. But I suppose that would be rather cheesy to be taking screw top wine to a party. Almost as bad as boxed wine. LOL!

Tamara said...

Hey, taking a screw top is fine... I totally did! Haha. We were drinking Boone's Farm, after all.

Kirby said...

The first wine I started drinking (after Boone's) is White Zinfandel. Beringer's is my favorite and it's only like $6 a bottle. It's fruity and doesn't taste alcohol-y. You should try it!

Tamara said...

Evonne, I'll definitely give that a try! I was thinking of buying a White Zinfandel, but I again, wasn't sure what to buy.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day <3

I hope everyone had a fun Valentine's day! I did a bit of studying, then I went over to my friend Andrea's for her little dinner party. Surprisingly, her dinner was actually really good (she's not exactly the best cook in the world), and she made us this alfredo style chicken lasagna. Another friend from high school came over (someone I hadn't seen in years), so it was good to catch up with her, as well. We spent most of the night playing Wii, which may have been a bit more fun seeing as we had had a few drinks.

And speaking of that, my friend asked us all to bring a bottle of wine to the party. We're trying to be more sophisticated, so to speak... but it's not going so well! People kept telling me to try a "Reisling." Well, I did, and it was really gross! So bitter, and alcohol-y. I just don't know... We ended up breaking in to the Boone's Farm... technically wine, but none of the sophistication! Ah, we'll see if there is a wine yet we can find to like.

I've been tempted to dust off the Anne DVDs and watch those... I suppose it's just because of Valentine's day, and Jonathan Crombie being so damn smoking hot! Ah well, I couldn't get sucked in to eight hours worth of movies.... so I watched Sense and Sensibility instead. My only problem with that movie is that I feel like Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant were too old to play their characters... ah well, still a good movie.

Anyhow... I'm trying to make it to bed at a semi decent hour. Considering that I got in rather late last night, I actually went to bed at a reasonable time... however, I've been so tired lately that I need to make it a point to go to bed earlier. I guess that means I should make it a point to blog earlier, too!

5 comments:

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

That we me who deleted! I signed in with the wrong acct...

My oldest sister is a wine snob. In fact she has two huge ceramic jars filled with corks. I'm not sure what she plans on doing with them? Her sister in-law's husband is a wine {I'm not sure of the proper term} seller? He delivers wine to all the fancy restaurants in Chicago. I should ask her what she recommends. I've heard merlot... but that's nasty to me. Very dry! Blech.

My whole family {sans my oldest sister} prefer the five dollar screw top wine! Ha! We all like this red wine called Riunite. But I suppose that would be rather cheesy to be taking screw top wine to a party. Almost as bad as boxed wine. LOL!

Tamara said...

Hey, taking a screw top is fine... I totally did! Haha. We were drinking Boone's Farm, after all.

Kirby said...

The first wine I started drinking (after Boone's) is White Zinfandel. Beringer's is my favorite and it's only like $6 a bottle. It's fruity and doesn't taste alcohol-y. You should try it!

Tamara said...

Evonne, I'll definitely give that a try! I was thinking of buying a White Zinfandel, but I again, wasn't sure what to buy.