Saturday, November 21, 2009

Another Late Night Walmart Rant

Again, I'm blogging after midnight... I always mean to blog earlier in the day, and then I just end up realizing later in the evening that I need to come up with something to blog about. Ha.

Okay, so I have two dining chairs done... and damn if the first one didn't take me about two hours to assemble! The second one went faster at about an hour and a half... so yes. Two chairs done, two more to go. I really thought I might do one more tonight, but I am feeling like I might be getting a cold... so yeah. And it had better just be a cold and not freaking swine flu... not to be paranoid, but it would be like me to get deathly ill with something the week after I move away from my overbearing mother and her awesome chicken noodle soup! :)

And I went to Walmart again today... gosh I think that makes like the third time this week... plus a trip to Meijer... so annoying! And I know I'll be going back on Sunday to get food for the upcoming week, and to get some supplies for my Thanksgiving pies... but anyhoo, the point of mentioning Walmart. I went to buy a hammer, so I could put the wooden pegs (dowels?) in the chair legs as directed... and again, super annoying! The greeter wasn't acknowledging people, because she seemed too fascinated by her finger nails. Um seriously, your job is to smile and say hello, and you can't even do that? Irritating. Although I don't know why I'm irritated, because in general, I hate the Walmart greeters. To top it off, they must have been getting evaluated or something today, because there were people in suits walking around with clipboards, and they were regularly standing in the middle of traffic. I mean seriously, does getting an MBA mean you lose all common sense? Geez.

Then I simply, and very politely (and I worked very hard to be pleasant sounding and friendly!) asked a sales person where the Master Locks might be found, as I was in the hardware section. She looks at me as if I just asked her when was the last time she took a poo. Then she says "Eh... do you want like, a lock for like, your luggage, or like, a lock lock?" I looked at her like seriously beyotch? I nicely said "Like a lock lock. Like a standard, typical Master Lock." And then she looks at me and goes "Oh. Well, all the locks are down that aisle." And she points in the middle of two aisles.

I sighed, and said "Aisle 10, or aisle 11?" She looked at me as if I was the one smoking crack, and again, pointed down the middle of the two aisles and is like "that one." So I randomly picked one, and of course, it wasn't that aisle, so I swung right around to the other one. And there was, like she actually said ALL the locks. Not just combination, heavy duty locks. Little locks for luggage, and what looked like locks for a diary, and big huge locks, and iron gate kind of locks. So I just shook my head thinking, why the hell did this chick seriously just get all irritated and ask me what kind of lock I was looking for, when they are ALL here?

Ah, maybe I'm just extra irritable because I feel something coming on, but really? Is it that deep? Well, you know what, it is that profoundly deep, because if it wasn't, the site People of Walmart wouldn't be so damn popular.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Okay, I'd never heard of that site--but it is scary. What's with the lady in the curler? If the whole idea is that you're trying to look better, why, why, why, in the world would you go out with curlers in your hair!?!

Heather said...

Oops, I meant ^ the lady in the "curlers."

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Another Late Night Walmart Rant

Again, I'm blogging after midnight... I always mean to blog earlier in the day, and then I just end up realizing later in the evening that I need to come up with something to blog about. Ha.

Okay, so I have two dining chairs done... and damn if the first one didn't take me about two hours to assemble! The second one went faster at about an hour and a half... so yes. Two chairs done, two more to go. I really thought I might do one more tonight, but I am feeling like I might be getting a cold... so yeah. And it had better just be a cold and not freaking swine flu... not to be paranoid, but it would be like me to get deathly ill with something the week after I move away from my overbearing mother and her awesome chicken noodle soup! :)

And I went to Walmart again today... gosh I think that makes like the third time this week... plus a trip to Meijer... so annoying! And I know I'll be going back on Sunday to get food for the upcoming week, and to get some supplies for my Thanksgiving pies... but anyhoo, the point of mentioning Walmart. I went to buy a hammer, so I could put the wooden pegs (dowels?) in the chair legs as directed... and again, super annoying! The greeter wasn't acknowledging people, because she seemed too fascinated by her finger nails. Um seriously, your job is to smile and say hello, and you can't even do that? Irritating. Although I don't know why I'm irritated, because in general, I hate the Walmart greeters. To top it off, they must have been getting evaluated or something today, because there were people in suits walking around with clipboards, and they were regularly standing in the middle of traffic. I mean seriously, does getting an MBA mean you lose all common sense? Geez.

Then I simply, and very politely (and I worked very hard to be pleasant sounding and friendly!) asked a sales person where the Master Locks might be found, as I was in the hardware section. She looks at me as if I just asked her when was the last time she took a poo. Then she says "Eh... do you want like, a lock for like, your luggage, or like, a lock lock?" I looked at her like seriously beyotch? I nicely said "Like a lock lock. Like a standard, typical Master Lock." And then she looks at me and goes "Oh. Well, all the locks are down that aisle." And she points in the middle of two aisles.

I sighed, and said "Aisle 10, or aisle 11?" She looked at me as if I was the one smoking crack, and again, pointed down the middle of the two aisles and is like "that one." So I randomly picked one, and of course, it wasn't that aisle, so I swung right around to the other one. And there was, like she actually said ALL the locks. Not just combination, heavy duty locks. Little locks for luggage, and what looked like locks for a diary, and big huge locks, and iron gate kind of locks. So I just shook my head thinking, why the hell did this chick seriously just get all irritated and ask me what kind of lock I was looking for, when they are ALL here?

Ah, maybe I'm just extra irritable because I feel something coming on, but really? Is it that deep? Well, you know what, it is that profoundly deep, because if it wasn't, the site People of Walmart wouldn't be so damn popular.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Okay, I'd never heard of that site--but it is scary. What's with the lady in the curler? If the whole idea is that you're trying to look better, why, why, why, in the world would you go out with curlers in your hair!?!

Heather said...

Oops, I meant ^ the lady in the "curlers."