Friday, November 20, 2009

Furniture and a Walmart Woe...

Again, I'm blogging after midnight, and again, I have a good reason! I just put together a table! Yes, that's right, little old me just assembled our dining room table. :) We have some furniture! It is super exciting, because currently this place looks like a college dorm. Let me repeat again that currently, we have an entertainment center, my old tv on it, a camp chair, and a sleeping bag in our living room! Haha. Oh yes, and now an assembled dining table. Tomorrow the challenge will be putting together the chairs! Those look super complicated, and the table took long enough! But to be fair, the table took longer because I was trying not to make too much noise, because Bernadette is sleeping.

I promise to show pictures when we finally get our little place a little more furnished and together!

Today I subbed for first grade... and they were quite the handful. Oh boy did those kids make me work for my money. They were not the worst class I've ever had, but boy I just wasn't feeling very energetic today, and they were wearing on my nerves! Plus, I had to go to class afterwards. We had a guest speaker, who does some interesting work in the community, however, I have heard him speak in multiple classes,. Not too surprisingly, I was fighting the constant urge to yawn.

I really wanted to take a nap when I got home, but I checked my email and saw that our dining set came in from Walmart. I decided to stay awake for when Bernadette got home so we could both go and pick it up. I remembered Robin's story from earlier today about being a Walmart, and I knew her pain! Good lord it took forever! When you order online you can have it sent to the store, which they call "Site to Store." You have to go to the back of the store to pick it up, and I swear it took them like 20 minutes just to come back with our one box. Then we had wait even longer because the cashier swore that one of our items wasn't in yet, even though I had the email confirmation that stated it had been delivered. Ah... yeah, thanks Walmart for your cheap products when I'm on a budget... but I gotta agree with Robin, I like Target!

And to wrap up my blog today, here is a quick clip that a friend sent me, for all the cat lovers out there.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Haha! Doesn't Walmart make you homicidal? I know that's a pretty severe term to use, but I seriously want to choke at least one person every single time I'm there.

Aww that's a cute cat video!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Furniture and a Walmart Woe...

Again, I'm blogging after midnight, and again, I have a good reason! I just put together a table! Yes, that's right, little old me just assembled our dining room table. :) We have some furniture! It is super exciting, because currently this place looks like a college dorm. Let me repeat again that currently, we have an entertainment center, my old tv on it, a camp chair, and a sleeping bag in our living room! Haha. Oh yes, and now an assembled dining table. Tomorrow the challenge will be putting together the chairs! Those look super complicated, and the table took long enough! But to be fair, the table took longer because I was trying not to make too much noise, because Bernadette is sleeping.

I promise to show pictures when we finally get our little place a little more furnished and together!

Today I subbed for first grade... and they were quite the handful. Oh boy did those kids make me work for my money. They were not the worst class I've ever had, but boy I just wasn't feeling very energetic today, and they were wearing on my nerves! Plus, I had to go to class afterwards. We had a guest speaker, who does some interesting work in the community, however, I have heard him speak in multiple classes,. Not too surprisingly, I was fighting the constant urge to yawn.

I really wanted to take a nap when I got home, but I checked my email and saw that our dining set came in from Walmart. I decided to stay awake for when Bernadette got home so we could both go and pick it up. I remembered Robin's story from earlier today about being a Walmart, and I knew her pain! Good lord it took forever! When you order online you can have it sent to the store, which they call "Site to Store." You have to go to the back of the store to pick it up, and I swear it took them like 20 minutes just to come back with our one box. Then we had wait even longer because the cashier swore that one of our items wasn't in yet, even though I had the email confirmation that stated it had been delivered. Ah... yeah, thanks Walmart for your cheap products when I'm on a budget... but I gotta agree with Robin, I like Target!

And to wrap up my blog today, here is a quick clip that a friend sent me, for all the cat lovers out there.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Haha! Doesn't Walmart make you homicidal? I know that's a pretty severe term to use, but I seriously want to choke at least one person every single time I'm there.

Aww that's a cute cat video!