My blogs are getting later and later! I should try to get a blog in before midnight for once...
Okay so today I started my Christmas shopping! I didn't mean to, but it just kind of worked out that way. I have a friend who works at Macy's and she was able to get me 40% on a perfume set my mom really wanted! So it was still a bit too pricey, but... well, yeah. I also got my sister a cute sweater set for her birthday... it was buy one get one 50%, and then on top of it, my friend had a coupon for 30% off, then she got an extra 20% off for opening a store credit card... so she paid for it, and I'll be writing her a check as soon as we can find out exactly what those discounts added up to! It was at New York and Company, and my sister loves that store. (So do I, which is why I got myself a new sweater set as well!
Well, so much for being on a budget! My budget is really starting in January, anyhow. Right now, I seem to think my financial aide is free money! Oy.
Anyhow, in more boring news, I got one more chair assembled, so that only leaves one more left! Ah my fingers are still sore from putting the last three together. And the camp chair I had in the living room? My brother in law broke it last night! If he is not 300 lbs, he is not far from it... and when he sat in it, I couldn't help but cringe. And the chair would have been fine, except he got especially heated by something my sister said, and after bouncing around in it, that's when he broke it. Yeah... then he claimed it was just "twisted" and it was fine, and oh, he had one at home that I could have if I wanted. Eh. I mean, I'm not trying to be bitchy about his size... but really? You broke my chair? And I know it is hardly an expensive purchase... but damn. Ah, and of course I was too polite to ask him to get me a new one. So now we're just down to the sleeping bag to sit on in the living room.
But on the bright side, we did go sofa shopping today, and should be getting a new sofa very soon.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Christmas Shopping
My blogs are getting later and later! I should try to get a blog in before midnight for once...
Okay so today I started my Christmas shopping! I didn't mean to, but it just kind of worked out that way. I have a friend who works at Macy's and she was able to get me 40% on a perfume set my mom really wanted! So it was still a bit too pricey, but... well, yeah. I also got my sister a cute sweater set for her birthday... it was buy one get one 50%, and then on top of it, my friend had a coupon for 30% off, then she got an extra 20% off for opening a store credit card... so she paid for it, and I'll be writing her a check as soon as we can find out exactly what those discounts added up to! It was at New York and Company, and my sister loves that store. (So do I, which is why I got myself a new sweater set as well!
Well, so much for being on a budget! My budget is really starting in January, anyhow. Right now, I seem to think my financial aide is free money! Oy.
Anyhow, in more boring news, I got one more chair assembled, so that only leaves one more left! Ah my fingers are still sore from putting the last three together. And the camp chair I had in the living room? My brother in law broke it last night! If he is not 300 lbs, he is not far from it... and when he sat in it, I couldn't help but cringe. And the chair would have been fine, except he got especially heated by something my sister said, and after bouncing around in it, that's when he broke it. Yeah... then he claimed it was just "twisted" and it was fine, and oh, he had one at home that I could have if I wanted. Eh. I mean, I'm not trying to be bitchy about his size... but really? You broke my chair? And I know it is hardly an expensive purchase... but damn. Ah, and of course I was too polite to ask him to get me a new one. So now we're just down to the sleeping bag to sit on in the living room.
But on the bright side, we did go sofa shopping today, and should be getting a new sofa very soon.
Okay so today I started my Christmas shopping! I didn't mean to, but it just kind of worked out that way. I have a friend who works at Macy's and she was able to get me 40% on a perfume set my mom really wanted! So it was still a bit too pricey, but... well, yeah. I also got my sister a cute sweater set for her birthday... it was buy one get one 50%, and then on top of it, my friend had a coupon for 30% off, then she got an extra 20% off for opening a store credit card... so she paid for it, and I'll be writing her a check as soon as we can find out exactly what those discounts added up to! It was at New York and Company, and my sister loves that store. (So do I, which is why I got myself a new sweater set as well!
Well, so much for being on a budget! My budget is really starting in January, anyhow. Right now, I seem to think my financial aide is free money! Oy.
Anyhow, in more boring news, I got one more chair assembled, so that only leaves one more left! Ah my fingers are still sore from putting the last three together. And the camp chair I had in the living room? My brother in law broke it last night! If he is not 300 lbs, he is not far from it... and when he sat in it, I couldn't help but cringe. And the chair would have been fine, except he got especially heated by something my sister said, and after bouncing around in it, that's when he broke it. Yeah... then he claimed it was just "twisted" and it was fine, and oh, he had one at home that I could have if I wanted. Eh. I mean, I'm not trying to be bitchy about his size... but really? You broke my chair? And I know it is hardly an expensive purchase... but damn. Ah, and of course I was too polite to ask him to get me a new one. So now we're just down to the sleeping bag to sit on in the living room.
But on the bright side, we did go sofa shopping today, and should be getting a new sofa very soon.
1 comment:
- Kirby said...
-
My neighbor broke one of my chairs once. I was not happy, and he didn't ever offer to pay for or replace it. :/
-
3:43 AM EST
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My neighbor broke one of my chairs once. I was not happy, and he didn't ever offer to pay for or replace it. :/
Post a Comment