Anyhoo, today was pretty straightforward. I went to class, stopped by my parents house to play with Mr. Tedders and Miss Tabbers, and went to another class. Tomorrow no subbing, so yeah, I've got it pretty easy! I'm going to go to bed in a little bit, and first thing in the morning I'm going to do something with my frizzy hair! I washed it today, but didn't have time to do anything with it, so I brushed it back and slapped on a head band for good measure. Yeah, Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl has nothing on me when it comes to rocking a headband, haha.
I also plan on making a chocolate meringue pie tomorrow for Thanksgiving, which has a long and dramatic history in my family, haha. It takes over an hour to make, but man is it worth it! I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, but I'm absolutely in love with chocolate pie. When I got home from school tonight, I made a fruit salad for Thanksgiving while waiting for my dinner to heat up. It's pretty simple, and tastes really good!
It's one can of fruit cocktail (drained), one can of mandarin oranges (drained), about 1/3 a bag of miniature marshmallows, and 1 pint of sour cream. Yeah, the sour cream part sounds sketch, I know, but that's why you mix it up hours in advance (it's better if you can do it a day or two in advance!). The fruit actually turns the sour cream sweet, so it is just this great creamy, marshmallowy, fruity dessert.
We actually use it more as a side dish than a dessert. I don't know what it is, but I absolutely love spending the weekend after Thanksgiving putting up the Christmas tree, while watching Christmas movies and eating a plate of leftovers, especially chocolate pie and fruit salad. :) I expect to be doing a lot of that this coming Thanksgiving weekend, too!
You Are Mashed Potatoes |
![]() You are reliable and steady. People know that they can count on you each year at Thanksgiving, and you are never a disappointment. While you may seem simple, a lot of work goes in to who you are. You are a bit of an under-appreciated masterpiece. You are both decadent and indulgent, while still being accessible to the common thing. In some ways you are all things to all people. You get along well with other people, but you're also good all on you're own. The bottom line is that you're easy to love. |

2 comments:
Could you send a piece of that pie my way? ;) Yummy!
That pie sounds really, really good! *nom* *nom*
Post a Comment