Okay, a quickie blog before I take a shower and go to bed. Boy the days seem to drag and fly by all at the same time! I'm tired, I am over being a sub, my internship is good but tiring, and school is killing me... and yet it is almost April. How did that happen?
Anyhow, things are better! My guilt trip email worked wonders... soon after my professor was apologizing and making plans to see me. I've met with him twice now (once this afternoon after work and before my internship), and we are going to have a phone conference on Friday. He is also going to put a rush on my work through the IRB!!! I can actually make this happen if I can just get my ducks in a row! Woooh.
And I had freaked over my CHES exam... the Certified Health Educator Specialist exam... gives me certifications that will help me get a quality job when I graduate. $200 I spent to take the exam, and I forgot to send my transcripts! When I remembered I put a rush on them, but I got a letter on Monday telling me I missed the deadline and that I'd have to wait to take the October exam instead, with an extra $100 transfer fee! I wanted to cry... and just when I thought all hope was lost, I got an email from a woman with the exam committee who said a spot had opened up in the April exam and I could still take it as scheduled.
Oh and my sister paid up, finally... today. So there is my grocery money for the next two weeks. :)
And oh, I also found out my spring class is going to be about $600 less than I thought it would be! Which is freaking fantastic seeing as I don't get financial aid for the spring semester and have to pay for this out of pocket.
Finally, I went to the regional SOPHE conference with my friends from school (SOPHE is the Society of Public Health Educators), on Friday in East Lansing. It was fun to be with my friends and talk with people in my field... but wow did I get a crazy stomachache from all the yummy gourmet food they served! Then I drove back to Flint, and then drove with my friends to Grand Rapids that same day! We spent the weekend in Grand Rapids and have a fantastic time. :) I'll post pics later... anyhow, we got back Sunday afternoon. About two hours after getting home, I then got in my car and drove back to East Lansing, to visit a friend who was in town for the weekend looking at MSU's graduate school. Then I drove home and got back around 1 am.
So for anyone not all into the geography of Michigan... well I'd use my hand to explain in person, haha (that's what us Michiganders do, at least those from the lower peninsula, we hold up our hands to show where in the state we mean). But anyhoo... East Lansing is about a 45 minute drive Southwest of Flint. Grand Rapids is about an hour and half give or take, directly west of Flint. So I basically drove 45 minutes SW to Lansing, then 45 minutes NE back, then an hour and a half to Grand Rapids going W all on Friday. Then on Sunday we drove the hour and a half E back to Flint, then I got in my car and drove the 45 minutes SW to Lansing, and then drove 45 minutes NE back to Flint on Sunday. Crazy, yes. But I had tons of fun.
And that's my quick but not so short blog! The sun is starting to shine for me again. :)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Things Are Looking Up :)
Okay, a quickie blog before I take a shower and go to bed. Boy the days seem to drag and fly by all at the same time! I'm tired, I am over being a sub, my internship is good but tiring, and school is killing me... and yet it is almost April. How did that happen?
Anyhow, things are better! My guilt trip email worked wonders... soon after my professor was apologizing and making plans to see me. I've met with him twice now (once this afternoon after work and before my internship), and we are going to have a phone conference on Friday. He is also going to put a rush on my work through the IRB!!! I can actually make this happen if I can just get my ducks in a row! Woooh.
And I had freaked over my CHES exam... the Certified Health Educator Specialist exam... gives me certifications that will help me get a quality job when I graduate. $200 I spent to take the exam, and I forgot to send my transcripts! When I remembered I put a rush on them, but I got a letter on Monday telling me I missed the deadline and that I'd have to wait to take the October exam instead, with an extra $100 transfer fee! I wanted to cry... and just when I thought all hope was lost, I got an email from a woman with the exam committee who said a spot had opened up in the April exam and I could still take it as scheduled.
Oh and my sister paid up, finally... today. So there is my grocery money for the next two weeks. :)
And oh, I also found out my spring class is going to be about $600 less than I thought it would be! Which is freaking fantastic seeing as I don't get financial aid for the spring semester and have to pay for this out of pocket.
Finally, I went to the regional SOPHE conference with my friends from school (SOPHE is the Society of Public Health Educators), on Friday in East Lansing. It was fun to be with my friends and talk with people in my field... but wow did I get a crazy stomachache from all the yummy gourmet food they served! Then I drove back to Flint, and then drove with my friends to Grand Rapids that same day! We spent the weekend in Grand Rapids and have a fantastic time. :) I'll post pics later... anyhow, we got back Sunday afternoon. About two hours after getting home, I then got in my car and drove back to East Lansing, to visit a friend who was in town for the weekend looking at MSU's graduate school. Then I drove home and got back around 1 am.
So for anyone not all into the geography of Michigan... well I'd use my hand to explain in person, haha (that's what us Michiganders do, at least those from the lower peninsula, we hold up our hands to show where in the state we mean). But anyhoo... East Lansing is about a 45 minute drive Southwest of Flint. Grand Rapids is about an hour and half give or take, directly west of Flint. So I basically drove 45 minutes SW to Lansing, then 45 minutes NE back, then an hour and a half to Grand Rapids going W all on Friday. Then on Sunday we drove the hour and a half E back to Flint, then I got in my car and drove the 45 minutes SW to Lansing, and then drove 45 minutes NE back to Flint on Sunday. Crazy, yes. But I had tons of fun.
And that's my quick but not so short blog! The sun is starting to shine for me again. :)
Anyhow, things are better! My guilt trip email worked wonders... soon after my professor was apologizing and making plans to see me. I've met with him twice now (once this afternoon after work and before my internship), and we are going to have a phone conference on Friday. He is also going to put a rush on my work through the IRB!!! I can actually make this happen if I can just get my ducks in a row! Woooh.
And I had freaked over my CHES exam... the Certified Health Educator Specialist exam... gives me certifications that will help me get a quality job when I graduate. $200 I spent to take the exam, and I forgot to send my transcripts! When I remembered I put a rush on them, but I got a letter on Monday telling me I missed the deadline and that I'd have to wait to take the October exam instead, with an extra $100 transfer fee! I wanted to cry... and just when I thought all hope was lost, I got an email from a woman with the exam committee who said a spot had opened up in the April exam and I could still take it as scheduled.
Oh and my sister paid up, finally... today. So there is my grocery money for the next two weeks. :)
And oh, I also found out my spring class is going to be about $600 less than I thought it would be! Which is freaking fantastic seeing as I don't get financial aid for the spring semester and have to pay for this out of pocket.
Finally, I went to the regional SOPHE conference with my friends from school (SOPHE is the Society of Public Health Educators), on Friday in East Lansing. It was fun to be with my friends and talk with people in my field... but wow did I get a crazy stomachache from all the yummy gourmet food they served! Then I drove back to Flint, and then drove with my friends to Grand Rapids that same day! We spent the weekend in Grand Rapids and have a fantastic time. :) I'll post pics later... anyhow, we got back Sunday afternoon. About two hours after getting home, I then got in my car and drove back to East Lansing, to visit a friend who was in town for the weekend looking at MSU's graduate school. Then I drove home and got back around 1 am.
So for anyone not all into the geography of Michigan... well I'd use my hand to explain in person, haha (that's what us Michiganders do, at least those from the lower peninsula, we hold up our hands to show where in the state we mean). But anyhoo... East Lansing is about a 45 minute drive Southwest of Flint. Grand Rapids is about an hour and half give or take, directly west of Flint. So I basically drove 45 minutes SW to Lansing, then 45 minutes NE back, then an hour and a half to Grand Rapids going W all on Friday. Then on Sunday we drove the hour and a half E back to Flint, then I got in my car and drove the 45 minutes SW to Lansing, and then drove 45 minutes NE back to Flint on Sunday. Crazy, yes. But I had tons of fun.
And that's my quick but not so short blog! The sun is starting to shine for me again. :)
1 comment:
- Heather said...
-
I'm glad it's all looking up, and some good luck came your way! :)
-
7:30 PM EDT
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad it's all looking up, and some good luck came your way! :)
Post a Comment