Ah I should be in bed already!
Today was a pretty decent day. Charlie was again on good behavior... but Kevin was on my last nerve. And to top it off he got a bad bloody nose! He dripped his blood all over himself, on me (luckily my hand, not my clothes, but ew to be covered in someone else's blood!), and the little bugger still wouldn't sit himself down. It was basically my threat to sit him down myself that made him take his seat. So that was super fun, cleaning up the blood trail he left all around the room!
Tomorrow the kids have art in the morning, and the second half of the afternoon will be taken up by letting them be in the bleachers for a "Teachers vs. 6th Graders" dodgeball game. I'm not taking part in the game because I don't want to be smacked in the back by a ball thrown by a large 12 year old boy! No thank you... I'll just wrangle my kindergartners, instead. I am quite fine with tomorrow being taken up with as much crap as possible. The less I need to do, the better!
Today I let the kiddos make hand turkeys. Remember tracing your hand and then turning it into a turkey? Yeah, that's what we did. I cut out their hand drawings since they are still really bad with cutting and pasting. Then they glued the hands on to construction paper, and then for added fun, I brought craft feathers and let them glue those on. There were some super large feathers in the bag, so the kids got a kick out of me putting them in my hair and prancing around the room. I guess there is some fun to be had with the kiddos, after all.
I also went to my first counseling session with my new counselor. At first I thought she seemed kind of stuffy, but as we talked I ended up thinking she might just be more insightful than my previous counselor. Anyhow, either way, it gave me a moment to finally feel clear minded. She said all my tests showed that I was testing for moderate depression, and surprisingly normal on the anxiety scale... although I don't believe that! A paper test isn't the perfect indicator of how I feel. But anyhow, I hope that these sessions can help me find some kind of more ongoing clarity.
Okay, but really, that was most of my day. I am super exhausted, so time for bed!
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Clarity
Ah I should be in bed already!
Today was a pretty decent day. Charlie was again on good behavior... but Kevin was on my last nerve. And to top it off he got a bad bloody nose! He dripped his blood all over himself, on me (luckily my hand, not my clothes, but ew to be covered in someone else's blood!), and the little bugger still wouldn't sit himself down. It was basically my threat to sit him down myself that made him take his seat. So that was super fun, cleaning up the blood trail he left all around the room!
Tomorrow the kids have art in the morning, and the second half of the afternoon will be taken up by letting them be in the bleachers for a "Teachers vs. 6th Graders" dodgeball game. I'm not taking part in the game because I don't want to be smacked in the back by a ball thrown by a large 12 year old boy! No thank you... I'll just wrangle my kindergartners, instead. I am quite fine with tomorrow being taken up with as much crap as possible. The less I need to do, the better!
Today I let the kiddos make hand turkeys. Remember tracing your hand and then turning it into a turkey? Yeah, that's what we did. I cut out their hand drawings since they are still really bad with cutting and pasting. Then they glued the hands on to construction paper, and then for added fun, I brought craft feathers and let them glue those on. There were some super large feathers in the bag, so the kids got a kick out of me putting them in my hair and prancing around the room. I guess there is some fun to be had with the kiddos, after all.
I also went to my first counseling session with my new counselor. At first I thought she seemed kind of stuffy, but as we talked I ended up thinking she might just be more insightful than my previous counselor. Anyhow, either way, it gave me a moment to finally feel clear minded. She said all my tests showed that I was testing for moderate depression, and surprisingly normal on the anxiety scale... although I don't believe that! A paper test isn't the perfect indicator of how I feel. But anyhow, I hope that these sessions can help me find some kind of more ongoing clarity.
Okay, but really, that was most of my day. I am super exhausted, so time for bed!
Today was a pretty decent day. Charlie was again on good behavior... but Kevin was on my last nerve. And to top it off he got a bad bloody nose! He dripped his blood all over himself, on me (luckily my hand, not my clothes, but ew to be covered in someone else's blood!), and the little bugger still wouldn't sit himself down. It was basically my threat to sit him down myself that made him take his seat. So that was super fun, cleaning up the blood trail he left all around the room!
Tomorrow the kids have art in the morning, and the second half of the afternoon will be taken up by letting them be in the bleachers for a "Teachers vs. 6th Graders" dodgeball game. I'm not taking part in the game because I don't want to be smacked in the back by a ball thrown by a large 12 year old boy! No thank you... I'll just wrangle my kindergartners, instead. I am quite fine with tomorrow being taken up with as much crap as possible. The less I need to do, the better!
Today I let the kiddos make hand turkeys. Remember tracing your hand and then turning it into a turkey? Yeah, that's what we did. I cut out their hand drawings since they are still really bad with cutting and pasting. Then they glued the hands on to construction paper, and then for added fun, I brought craft feathers and let them glue those on. There were some super large feathers in the bag, so the kids got a kick out of me putting them in my hair and prancing around the room. I guess there is some fun to be had with the kiddos, after all.
I also went to my first counseling session with my new counselor. At first I thought she seemed kind of stuffy, but as we talked I ended up thinking she might just be more insightful than my previous counselor. Anyhow, either way, it gave me a moment to finally feel clear minded. She said all my tests showed that I was testing for moderate depression, and surprisingly normal on the anxiety scale... although I don't believe that! A paper test isn't the perfect indicator of how I feel. But anyhow, I hope that these sessions can help me find some kind of more ongoing clarity.
Okay, but really, that was most of my day. I am super exhausted, so time for bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment