Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

Is anyone going Black Friday shopping? In theory I am totally against it, but I can totally understand how people get sucked into it. I did last year! Walmart had a great price on flat screen LCD tvs, and I wanted one for the new apartment. I don't exactly regret that decision, but I feel like staying awake til the ass crack of dawn is something I only need to do once in my life.

Anyhow, so yes, stating the obvious, I'm not planning on doing any Black Friday shopping. But, Old Navy will be open tomorrow, and I thought that while my chocolate meringue pie chills in the fridge, I might as well do a little shopping! My mom isn't having dinner until 7pm, so I've got a lot of time on my hands. I really wanted to go to see if there was something I could pick up for my sister for her birthday or for Christmas. The problem with that now is that I mentioned going to Old Navy to my sister, and now she wants to come with me! So now I really feel like there is no point in going, if my sister is going to be a tag along. I'm thinking I'll either try to go before she gets here, or I will give her a good excuse on why I don't want to bother with it anymore. Now that she moved back in with my parents, she seems to want to do things with me all the time. Not that I'm complaining exactly... it's just sometimes I love my sister better when we see each other in doses.

Today was a pretty chill day at school. Or I should stay it started as a pretty chill day. The kids had art in the morning, and then a dodgeball game in the afternoon, so we basically read a story, did a Thanksgiving coloring sheet, and watched Garfield's Thanksgiving with the time in between. Do I feel guilty about not doing a formal lesson? Absolutely not. If they want someone to squeeze in lessons where there is no time to do it, they should hire someone who is actually certified to be teaching! I'm trying not to be resentful... but I am.

And Kevin today... god that kid! He was tilting back in his chair like I constantly tell him not to do. He started to lose his balance, and then when he overcompensated, he ended flying forward, bumping his forehead on his desk. So he had a bump and a scratch on the bridge of his nose, and had what looked like an overgrown zit on his forehead. I checked him out for head injury (although I knew it was absolutely ridiculous... the kid was fine), and gave his mom a call. You would have thought I said the kid got hit in the head with a baseball bat! She came up in a hurry to her poor little baby's rescue. Personally, if I was his mother, I would have been pissed at him for not listening to his teacher, put some ice on his forehead, and told him to knock it off! But I'm not a parent... so what do I know. Anyhow, since I knew he was fine, I didn't feel horrible about the situation at all. She decided to take him home, so she could watch in case he became "dizzy" or started "slurring his words." Okay lady, well, if he is dizzy, it is probably because he's been running circles! Whatever, as long as the kid was out of my hair, I could have cared less if she thought her baby might have a concussion.

So there you have it. I came home with another of my backaches, and it still hasn't really sunk in yet that I don't have to work tomorrow. But thank god I don't work tomorrow! I will truly have something to be thankful for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Days Off from Crazy Kiddies! :D

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve

Is anyone going Black Friday shopping? In theory I am totally against it, but I can totally understand how people get sucked into it. I did last year! Walmart had a great price on flat screen LCD tvs, and I wanted one for the new apartment. I don't exactly regret that decision, but I feel like staying awake til the ass crack of dawn is something I only need to do once in my life.

Anyhow, so yes, stating the obvious, I'm not planning on doing any Black Friday shopping. But, Old Navy will be open tomorrow, and I thought that while my chocolate meringue pie chills in the fridge, I might as well do a little shopping! My mom isn't having dinner until 7pm, so I've got a lot of time on my hands. I really wanted to go to see if there was something I could pick up for my sister for her birthday or for Christmas. The problem with that now is that I mentioned going to Old Navy to my sister, and now she wants to come with me! So now I really feel like there is no point in going, if my sister is going to be a tag along. I'm thinking I'll either try to go before she gets here, or I will give her a good excuse on why I don't want to bother with it anymore. Now that she moved back in with my parents, she seems to want to do things with me all the time. Not that I'm complaining exactly... it's just sometimes I love my sister better when we see each other in doses.

Today was a pretty chill day at school. Or I should stay it started as a pretty chill day. The kids had art in the morning, and then a dodgeball game in the afternoon, so we basically read a story, did a Thanksgiving coloring sheet, and watched Garfield's Thanksgiving with the time in between. Do I feel guilty about not doing a formal lesson? Absolutely not. If they want someone to squeeze in lessons where there is no time to do it, they should hire someone who is actually certified to be teaching! I'm trying not to be resentful... but I am.

And Kevin today... god that kid! He was tilting back in his chair like I constantly tell him not to do. He started to lose his balance, and then when he overcompensated, he ended flying forward, bumping his forehead on his desk. So he had a bump and a scratch on the bridge of his nose, and had what looked like an overgrown zit on his forehead. I checked him out for head injury (although I knew it was absolutely ridiculous... the kid was fine), and gave his mom a call. You would have thought I said the kid got hit in the head with a baseball bat! She came up in a hurry to her poor little baby's rescue. Personally, if I was his mother, I would have been pissed at him for not listening to his teacher, put some ice on his forehead, and told him to knock it off! But I'm not a parent... so what do I know. Anyhow, since I knew he was fine, I didn't feel horrible about the situation at all. She decided to take him home, so she could watch in case he became "dizzy" or started "slurring his words." Okay lady, well, if he is dizzy, it is probably because he's been running circles! Whatever, as long as the kid was out of my hair, I could have cared less if she thought her baby might have a concussion.

So there you have it. I came home with another of my backaches, and it still hasn't really sunk in yet that I don't have to work tomorrow. But thank god I don't work tomorrow! I will truly have something to be thankful for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Days Off from Crazy Kiddies! :D